Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2009, 08:22 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,344,882 times

Advertisements

Ever been to Maroni's Cuisine in Northport?

What are the prices like, and when are the busy hours?

is it easy to get their from LIE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 07:05 AM

23 posts, read 93,498 times
I have never been to Maroni's but if it helps at all....The restaurant was featured on Food Network on Bobby Flay's Throwdown. Bobby challenged Maroni to a meatball throwdown. Maroni won with rave reviews.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:24 AM

852 posts, read 2,019,419 times
Default You are very rude.

Moderator cut: rude post deleted . not in the spirit of cd at all.

Sometimes people discuss things just to engage a community. Efficiency isn't always best.

The way your wrote this is reprehensible. You would never talk to a stranger's face this way, and if you did, you'd deserve to get it kicked in.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:09 AM

2,541 posts, read 11,344,882 times
^^^

Did you post this in the right thread?

Old 02-19-2009, 08:15 AM

23 posts, read 93,498 times
Yes he did. There was a very rude and unnecessary response that he deleted from another member.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:50 AM

3,351 posts, read 9,772,309 times
Maroni's is very expensive and very difficult to get a reservation for. They open their reservations one month before each seating. Make sure to call early (10:00 am) if you want to get in.

I've ordered their take out meatballs which people rave about, and quite frankly, I think mine are better.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:52 AM

939 posts, read 2,684,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Ever been to Maroni's Cuisine in Northport?

What are the prices like, and when are the busy hours?

is it easy to get their from LIE
My wife & I went to Maroni's a week before this past Christmas when we visited our family on LI. I always wanted to go since I read a review in the NY Times last summer. We did the tasting menu. The cost was a bit steep ($120.00 per person, wine included as they do not have a liquor license) but it was an amazing culinary experience. It was about 20 courses (very small courses) and the food was amazing. The best meatballs I've ever had along with homemade potato chips topped w/caviar. They only accept cash which is crazy nowadays but it works for them. We went on a Thursday and it was crowded. There are only about 25 seats in the dining room. I cannot say enough about the food. No expense is spared in what is created in that kitchen. Reservations are a must I'd say. I grew up on LI so getting there was easy. Defintely Mapquest it because you'll get lost if you're not familiar w/the area.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:01 AM

852 posts, read 2,019,419 times
Default Yes I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
^^^

Did you post this in the right thread?
I was responding to a snarky person who in a very rude way told you to search on Google. I gave him the what-for.

Old 02-19-2009, 10:50 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,685,627 times
I was able to walk right in with my husband, but we went during the week and had to wait about 20 minutes. FYI - they only take cash. We didn't know that and had to run to an ATM. My husband got the tasting menu and loved it, he still talks about it and wants to go back. I got the meatballs and they were good, but I didn't think they were as good as people made them out to be... maybe a little overhyped.. The chef was very accessible and came out to talk with us about the food.

The whole place seats maybe 30 people. It's worth a trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: