Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 AM

2,666 posts, read 7,335,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I tend to agree with SIB. Bottom line is we need to do something to tend the foreclosure tide because it hurts everyone. If your struggling to pay your mortgage, but doing it, and your neighbor isn't paying his/her mortgage and getting bail out help I can clearly understand why someone might think its unfair. However you get hurt if your neighbors house gets foreclosed.
Smash....
What you said is kinda exactly the point I'm making here.... existing homeowners are looking at this a little differently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 AM

113 posts, read 438,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longislandmike View Post
I have paid my morgage.

Why should I pay for another persons mortgage ?

The "slim thread" that it affects property values of the, proverbial, home "next door", has nothing to do, with ME, PAYING FOR "YOU", AND GETTING A FREE RIDE !

I don't want to PAY for your FREE RIDE !

I've made my payments and paid it off...I DON'T WANT MY HARD WORK TO PAY FOR LAZY "YOU" !
Has there been a time limit placed on how long one can receive help on your mortgage? They have that in place for people who receive unemployment benefits, why shouldn't they have it in place for this, that way we can avoid the similar sounding mistakes of people growing up in generations of welfare (or the politically correct phrase, Public Assistance) that was created in the 1940's and are still in projects and the 'system'

Old 03-04-2009, 11:29 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,977,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjeacoma View Post
Has there been a time limit placed on how long one can receive help on your mortgage? They have that in place for people who receive unemployment benefits, why shouldn't they have it in place for this, that way we can avoid the similar sounding mistakes of people growing up in generations of welfare (or the politically correct phrase, Public Assistance) that was created in the 1940's and are still in projects and the 'system'
The MESSIAH is ALL KNOWING !

Ask....and He will come.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:31 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
They should be foreclosed ON and booted OUT !

WHY ?

Because, when they do get that, proverbial, second chance, here, THEY ARE GOING TO DEFAULT AGAIN !

Then what are you going to do...why just ask THE MESSIAH !
Obviously some of the people with foreclosure issues were people who were at fault and got themselves into to deep. Others were basically lied to by brokers, others worked hard just like the rest of us, wound up with astronomical medical bills if they didn't have insurance, lost a job, etc. There are many reasons why people fell behind on their mortgages and are in foreclosure, some of it is their own fault, others aren't. Fact of the matter is something needs to be done to stem the tide, because every foreclosure hurts. Not only does it hurt the people being foreclosed upon, but it hurts the general neighborhood as well, including those who are working hard to making ends meet and making their payments. Casing point look at what is going on in Florida.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
They should be foreclosed ON and booted OUT !

WHY ?

Because, when they do get that, proverbial, second chance, here, THEY ARE GOING TO DEFAULT AGAIN !

Then what are you going to do...why just, put your hand out, and ask THE MESSIAH !
I am with mike on this one.... well I don't have a problem with the bailout itself, but I feel they have to pay back for the mistake... maybe I don't have the full knowledge about the bill, but say if your loan is knocked off by 100k today.... make sure that when you sell the house the first 100k goes back to the lender/Govt or whatever.... that will still keep them in the homes today and prevent foreclosure....

Old 03-04-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
I am with mike on this one.... well I don't have a problem with the bailout itself, but I feel they have to pay back for the mistake... maybe I don't have the full knowledge about the bill, but say if your loan is knocked off by 100k today.... make sure that when you sell the house the first 100k goes back to the lender/Govt or whatever.... that will still keep them in the homes today and prevent foreclosure....

It's a Scam, but using the "BIG LIE" technique, our Messiah, has convinced a running scared electorate.

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER WHAT "THRIFT" IS ?

Or has The Messiah, abolished it ?

Old 03-04-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Obviously some of the people with foreclosure issues were people who were at fault and got themselves into to deep. Others were basically lied to by brokers, others worked hard just like the rest of us, wound up with astronomical medical bills if they didn't have insurance, lost a job, etc. There are many reasons why people fell behind on their mortgages and are in foreclosure, some of it is their own fault, others aren't. Fact of the matter is something needs to be done to stem the tide, because every foreclosure hurts. Not only does it hurt the people being foreclosed upon, but it hurts the general neighborhood as well, including those who are working hard to making ends meet and making their payments. Casing point look at what is going on in Florida.
1. people who were at fault and got themselves into to deep = could not have afforded the house
2. didn't have insurance = didn't have good job = could not have afforded the house

The issue is what is considered as the requirement for a family to come to a decision "We are ready to buy a house" ? ....
Maybe if you ask today you will get the right answer..... but points 1 and 2 above are very strong factors detrimental for anyone to buy a home.....
The bottom line is people did not use their own judgement (lied to by brokers... give me a break).... lets be done with the excuses...

Old 03-04-2009, 11:40 AM

22,187 posts, read 19,459,426 times
Quote:
It's a Scam, but using the "BIG LIE" technique, our Messiah, has convinced a running scared electorate.

DOES ANYONE REMEMBER WHAT "THRIFT" IS ?

Or has The Messiah, abolished it ?

The big lie?? what is that exactly, that having a bunch of people in foreclosure isn't a bad thing for a neighborhood? Or that it hurts those who are paying their mortgage as well?

Old 03-04-2009, 11:41 AM

113 posts, read 438,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
I am with Mike and Zulu on this one - payback needs to be discussed on some level! Otherwise no lesson is learned, they will file bankruptcy, wait a few years , get the credit cards again, the mortgage, rack up the fees and boom - back to this point....

No, I don't mean everyone has abused the credit and mortgage system but too many have and those people need to learn a lesson.

Make them pay it back!

Old 03-04-2009, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjeacoma View Post
I am with Mike and Zulu on this one - payback needs to be discussed on some level! Otherwise no lesson is learned, they will file bankruptcy, wait a few years , get the credit cards again, the mortgage, rack up the fees and boom - back to this point....

No, I don't mean everyone has abused the credit and mortgage system but too many have and those people need to learn a lesson.

Make them pay it back!
HOW MUCH TIME, has the Messiah, spent telling us we have personal responsibility to pay back these "loans" ?

NONE !

See what's happening here ? You should be offended.

There should be riots, just about this subject !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island