Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 03:48 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post

...but I don't haha

I did see something strange over a Montauk beach in 1997. Three orange glowing orbs in a triangular formation hovered a few miles out over the Atlantic for around 45 minutes. Tons of other people saw it and commented on how strange it was and that "IT MUST BE A UFO!!" but I never heard anything else about it. It was probably just flares from a ship out to sea...
Dammit.....THIS is the picture that was supposed to be in my post:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 04:10 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,342,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
I dunno man, I saw a dude on the street that matches this description perfectly.
That was me!!!

Old 07-30-2009, 04:17 PM

1,917 posts, read 5,345,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
Dammit.....THIS is the picture that was supposed to be in my post:

What aperature did you shoot that red X at?

Old 07-30-2009, 05:09 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzilla View Post
What aperature did you shoot that red X at?
Holy crap.....hopefully the third times a charm???

Old 07-30-2009, 06:49 PM

239 posts, read 612,498 times
Ooooh! Love this discussion. Here are some interesting (recent) links:

Aliens underwater in Russia! On Fox News!

Russian Navy Reveals Its Secret UFO Encounters - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com

Buzz Aldrin talks about a monolith on Mars' moon! (Very Kubrik-ian)!

YouTube - Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon

Here's something I wrote. Forgive the self-promotion. It is relevant.

An explanation of the Fermi paradox - by Meghan Rizzo - Helium

UFOs and alien beings in ancient artwork:

UFO's in Earth's History - Crystalinks

Though I'm not sure what to believe, this stuff really fascinates me.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:38 PM

64 posts, read 154,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianwaters View Post
Yes - I believe I saw something in Island Park about 10 years ago

Off topic - Why isn't this thread moved like my pickle thread? lol Isn't this a general question that could apply to any place?
Hey Ian,

Tell us more about the Island Park sighting. I grew up there and recall an incident where everyone was talking about a bright light by the dumps in the mid 90's.

I love this stuff

Old 07-31-2009, 03:36 AM

7 posts, read 10,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastrudy View Post
Beautiful theories murdered by an ugly fact.
Not one shred of evidence. Some tantalizing ancedotal stories. Lots of conspiracy theories, and yet....not one shred of real evidence.
Hello, Rudy.

I agree that it would be nice to have some credible physical evidence of ET's, yet I do not believe advanced civilizations that have the capability to travel thru space are going to provide us with that evidence.

Personally, I find it difficult to discount sightings made by hundreds of trained observers such as civilian and military pilots, police and other professionals, who have more to lose than gain by publicly speaking of their UFO experiences.

Over the past four decades nuclear physicist Stanton Friedman has slowly but surely developed "evidence" that has convinced me we have been visited.

Stanton T. Friedman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't take seriously 95% of the UFO sightings stories that swirl around our tiny planet. Yet it is difficult for me to discount the stories related by professional and trained observers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island