Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 09:48 PM
sci

90 posts, read 224,431 times

Advertisements

I used the clunker program to get a new minivan. Well sort of.
Went to a couple of dealers looking for a new minivan for my wife. Most dealers did not seem too sure of the program, one even said I had to take care of it not them. Ended up at Westbury Jeep Dodge . I told them the whole deal was because of the clunker program. Was bringing in my old Ford F-350 pickup. We settled on a minivan, settled on a price and started on the paper work. Came back the next day with the paperwork for the truck. 1st problem was the truck was not listed on the Gov website. The dealer called the 800 number and got a verbal ok. We finalized the paperwork but stressed to them the whole deal hinged on getting $3500 for my truck.
They called the next day and said the paperwork on the truck was denied because I was buying a car and not another truck. The salesman said they would give me a $2000 credit for my truck thru the dealership. I said I would think about it and let him know in a couple of days. They called back about 20 minutes later and said they knew the whole deal revolved around getting $3500 for the truck. After going back and forth they finally agreed to accept my truck and give me the full $3500 credit. They said to just bring the truck in and it would be up to them to get the truck acceptted.

Bottom line, Car dealers are never easy to deal with but the people at Westbury Jeep Dodge kept their word with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 07:04 AM

999 posts, read 2,360,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamExit View Post
even if the companies are foreign, buying their cars helps out the people who work for them in this country. aside from the dealerships themselves, many of the foreign companies have plants to build the cars here too. i think the domestic companies should start making better vehicles if they want to sell them and survive

Please if you are saying imps are better then US cars you had better be willing to put your money where your mouth is...

Just because we let them make it here doesn't mean the money stays here....

So you know.... Have you ever seen as many US cars overseas ANYWHERE like you see imps here ?....

Absolutely not....because US cars are heavily taxed there.... unlike imps are here...
If you were paying what you should so that it would be FAIR.. imps aren't even paying the 30% tax the US makers are...

See how quickly you would utter there better made if you had to pay more...

Better made is the single most US traitors excuse for buying imps....

Dare to bring your imp and do some tests....lets really see whats better...

I can't remember how many US cars i threw a t-stat in and sent on there merry way...while imps all needed at the very least a head gasket if they were lucky... but lets see better...made

Last edited by LIMA; 08-16-2009 at 07:13 AM..

Old 08-16-2009, 04:47 PM

518 posts, read 1,823,100 times
umm.. dude just take a look at all the older cars that are still on the roads, in decent shape, still running great with high mileage... cars from late 80's to early/mid 90's... many of them are imports.. honda, toyota, bmw, mercedes, etc. i also work on cars for a living, and some of the engineering on many american cars is just plain dumb. german cars also though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: