Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 11:42 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,807,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoma02 View Post
Yes, LA is awesome online, on paper, and in person. I make $40k a year, not a lot of money. I live in LA very comfortably. Believe me, LA is much better than any midwest city and really not THAT much more expensive.
ok.....how large is your apartment or condo?...and do you have a car payment/money left over after you pay your bills ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2011, 11:53 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,199,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastbabe View Post
ok.....how large is your apartment or condo?...and do you have a car payment/money left over after you pay your bills ?
why do you care? if s/he lives here with a quality of life that is acceptable, is that not enough? some people are able to get by on less and be ok with it.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:14 PM

927 posts, read 2,467,001 times
Quote:
I live in a 3 bedroom house in Silver Lake with roomies for $525/month.

I don't have have a car payment (or any debt).

Yes, I save money every month.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:26 PM

Please dont takethe question the wrong way....thats great that you dont have any debt and that you are able to save $$$ every month......Would love to relocate to LA..but all you hear about is cost of living/having job in hand when you arrive/how it's tough out there to survive....These are things that stick out in your mind when you are about to pick up and move across country.

Last edited by westcoastbabe; 03-09-2011 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: too many words

Old 03-09-2011, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Please dont takethe question the wrong way....thats great that you dont have any debt and that you are able to save $$$ every month......Would love to relocate to LA..but all you hear about is cost of living/having job in hand when you arrive/how it's tough out there to survive....These are things that stick out in your mind when you are about to pick up and move across country.
LA is the outcast for the rest of the country. Everyone likes to say how horrible it is with smog, cost of living, people, etc.. It's really not that scary of a place.

If you are attracted to the area, enjoy awesome weather, love that there is always something to do, and don't mind traffic, then LA is an awesome spot.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:35 PM

You got that right...could get used to the LA area real quick...I mean whats not to love...Palm trees/Sunshine/Diversity/Zillion of activities to do/...Beats the heck out of NC, which is where I am located....How hard was it for u to find a job being out of state and all?...Im sure competition is pretty fierce out there.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
You got that right...could get used to the LA area real quick...I mean whats not to love...Palm trees/Sunshine/Diversity/Zillion of activities to do/...Beats the heck out of NC, which is where I am located....How hard was it for u to find a job being out of state and all?...Im sure competition is pretty fierce out there.
I landed the job before I moved. It took me about 2 years. Totally worth it though.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:43 PM

then I better start now then....LOL.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:49 PM

378 posts, read 761,176 times
It may be hard, but not impossible to find a job before you move out here. Start making your plans, put together budget and saving goals, and start polishing up that resume, maybe even pick up a certification or two to make yourself more marketable, depending on your profession. It may not happen right away, but I suspect you've got the drive to make it happen at some point.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:50 PM

378 posts, read 761,176 times
Oh, and I forgot what thread I was in--another fantastic set of photos, pwright! Thanks so much for continuing to share them with us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles