Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 12:18 AM

496 posts, read 574,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
I just heard a story about an increase in home break-in's in the Venice area and how police are trying to crack down on it. The bottom line is that there's a bunch of liberals who invite and drop off homeless people in the Venice area. I heard that someone was actually placing ads in the midwest encouraging homeless people to move out to Santa Monica.
what??? wow. see this is why our court system is going to have do something about our homeless issue. It is totally unfair that the country sees L.A. as a place to "send" homeless. something has to be done.

I know it is not just me, But I have personally seen more homeless in areas that they did frequent before in the past year and now.

L.A.'s homeless problem is becoming worse by the minute and no one seems to know what to do about it.

And the court systems will not do anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 09:02 PM

3 posts, read 3,888 times
Default it's out of control

Today 11am, at home on my balcony in Venice at 5th and San Juan, I hear glass being smashed, see black male 6'0 200+, long hair, about 25...throwing large stones through car windows. It turns out over 20 cars had swastikas carved into them and about 25 had windows smashed from Electric to Westminster. I followed the fool about 100 feet back, while calling 911, eventually found a cruiser trolling around, and LAPD had him in custody by noon. I'm the key witness and I'll be there on the court date.

He'll do less than a year and he'll be back. This isn't his first time doing this in Venice and getting locked up, and getting out again. You see the problem, now, right?

Old 05-17-2015, 08:56 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,059,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartbarton View Post
Today 11am, at home on my balcony in Venice at 5th and San Juan, I hear glass being smashed, see black male 6'0 200+, long hair, about 25...throwing large stones through car windows. It turns out over 20 cars had swastikas carved into them and about 25 had windows smashed from Electric to Westminster. I followed the fool about 100 feet back, while calling 911, eventually found a cruiser trolling around, and LAPD had him in custody by noon. I'm the key witness and I'll be there on the court date.

He'll do less than a year and he'll be back. This isn't his first time doing this in Venice and getting locked up, and getting out again. You see the problem, now, right?

Was he mentally deranged or just an angry fool destroying the property of people who can afford to live there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles