Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 12:51 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Whenever I attend some biz do like this, I find a poodle skirt, middie blouse and sensible heels always seem to work. Maybe a black bolero jacket for fashionable accent.
So you work in animation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2011, 12:57 PM

2,261 posts, read 7,233,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Could be. What say you Miss Pip?

Readymade, I hope you have a great time. Remember, the shopping is all part of the excitement. Don't let it stress you out. Small clutch bag is good. How about something retro? If this is something that may repeat in the future get a couple of really cute, timeless clutch bags. Something you can use over and over and won't go out of style.
That's exactly what I think I'm going to do! This is my current favorite: AVATOR-03 BLACK

I actually really hate shopping. I'm probably going to order a bunch of dresses online and just return what I don't want. Plus, I'll check out "Unique Vintage" in Burbank. I stopped in there once, and saw some super cute stuff... but I had nowhere to WEAR that super cute stuff to, at the time. I'm hoping they carry clutches, too.

My husband is making fun of me for being too excited about this, heh. He's saying he's going to wear black jeans, a black shirt, & a sports coat. And maybe a tie.

Another question: has anyone tried those body slimming wraps at spas that claim you'll "lose inches!"

I've been advised not to fake tan, heh. My friends know me well.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Whenever I attend some biz do like this, I find a poodle skirt, middie blouse and sensible heels always seem to work. Maybe a black bolero jacket for fashionable accent.
I bet you look AMAZING!

Old 07-01-2011, 01:10 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post

I've been advised not to fake tan, heh.
The Ooompa Loompa look is in, dear.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by readymade View Post
That's exactly what I think I'm going to do! This is my current favorite: AVATOR-03 BLACK.
I LOVE it!!

Seriously. I would wear that with a black 40's velour hat (small) with a 2" veil. (Not over the face.) Or a cute fascinator. (Not something that will block someone's view of the screen. That's frowned upon.)

(That gagging sound you hear is probably Fontucky.)

Old 07-01-2011, 02:03 PM

199 posts, read 546,626 times
readymade, I love the dress you linked us to. I love vintage, and one of my fav stores is over on Magnolia in Burbank. Here's the link to the yelp reviews: Playclothes - Burbank - Burbank, CA. In addition to quality dresses, they have great accessories.

Let us know how it went!

Old 07-01-2011, 02:08 PM

1,253 posts, read 2,946,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Could be. What say you Miss Pip?...
"facetious" is correct

Old 07-01-2011, 02:17 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times
A cocktail dress would be fine because its not too formal but not too informal either. Also, when in doubt, this is a perfect occasion for a little black dress accessorized with a little bling.

Have fun.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Pip View Post
"facetious" is correct
Good to know. I'd hate to think that you were no fun at all.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppermintChapstick View Post
readymade, I love the dress you linked us to. I love vintage, and one of my fav stores is over on Magnolia in Burbank. Here's the link to the yelp reviews: Playclothes - Burbank - Burbank, CA. In addition to quality dresses, they have great accessories.

Let us know how it went!
Thanks! There's another one on Magnolia in Burbank called "Unique Vintage" too! I'll check 'em BOTH out! I desperately want this dress (I'm a redhead), but it's sold out: Pinup Couture | Dixiefried Sexy Secretary Dress in Olive Green Stretch Bengaline with Black Trim (http://www.pinupcouture.com/product-p/dq-secretary-ol.htm - broken link)

DewDropInn, I'm not entirely sure I can pull off a small hat w/ a veil, but I'm certainly open to trying it if I see one! I'll keep it mind. Thanks!

Accessories... accessories... yikes! I'll have to go digging to see if I have anything. I can't remember the last time I wore earrings.

This is great! A chance to glam it up a bit!

Hey Fontucky, I hear fish-belly white is in this year too! Whew!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles