Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:05 AM

18,026 posts, read 27,475,785 times

Advertisements

Hey there, Mathias the Great. I was born in Scottsdale, we migrated to the Valley, then moved to Southern Colorado while there was yet time. Why don't you just head back to the Colorado hills. With all that money, you'd live like a king up here.

If you have to move to SoCal, do you have to fly out of LAX? Why not use Van Nuys airport? If you can, then move to the Valley. I'm partial to the Chatsworth Hills area myself. With your money, I'd live west of Topanga Cyn on about Plummer. Maybe even you are not rich enough for that area. I think Steven Vie had a place over there. My bro lived in the guest room of a pad over there. Here's a pic of Mason Park where the Bad News Bears was filmed. I lived a block from there;

On the way to Hollywood, I had a stop in Santa Monica. I avoided the Sunset Blvd traffic and got slammed with the 1 to freeway 10 eastbound traffic.

You take Topanga Cyn to Zuma-Malibu, but on the way up, you turn around and take a glance at the Valley. The first one shows the valley. The second one shows the smog coming from LA;

Then you check out Malibu; a wonderful place to live (till that next mud slide, fire, tsunami, earthquake, etc.) but a lousy place to visit;

Then you get the heck outta there, but not too quickly;

Then you head back to THEE GHHHETOEWWWWW. I stayed in a motel in Inglewood because my boss is a cheap %#$&, and I saw this signage on a newspaper stand. I decided that I'd add my thoughts to the sign and my political views as to why I could never move back to the City of The Angels;

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/mcgowdog/LAvsColorado.jpg (broken link)

Here in Colorado, we believe in God and our Country.

But anyways, Hollywood is hot for night life. Unless you can afford Bel-Air, I see Santa Monica in your future.

Last edited by McGowdog; 08-29-2007 at 11:07 AM.. Reason: narrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 11:08 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Then you get the heck outta there, but not too quickly;

LOL!!!!!!!! I'm pretty sure this post is going to get slammed but that one comment and image were cute. "But not too quickly..." indeed.

No, peeps, that doesn't mean that I think EVERYthing in LA stinks. Obviously it doesn't. Just having a chuckle at something clever and really pretty much true.

Okay...we now return to our regularly scheduled programming...

Old 08-29-2007, 11:25 AM

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/mcgowdog/meparto1.gif (broken link)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanDLA View Post
You can expect this:

http://llc2.fanball.com/logos/logo_1245463.jpg (broken link)

LOL, sorry, I couldn't resist
Bah ha ha!http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/mcgowdog/meparto1.gif (broken link)

What made this over the top funny for me is how Ivan the Red says food job clothes and that ... Thing... behind him just says job because it's obvious it has clothes! On it's head! http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/mcgowdog/meparto1.gif (broken link)

Bah! haha!

Old 08-29-2007, 01:31 PM

1,287 posts, read 5,026,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanDLA View Post
You can expect this:

http://llc2.fanball.com/logos/logo_1245463.jpg (broken link)

LOL, sorry, I couldn't resist
Now see, look what you have started! Now the guy has to work his way through post from trolls who are jealous that they couldn't make it in California so they move to the hinterlands and phane how great life is for them now. So great that they loiter around in forums about LA (nobody cares about forums on Colorado) to share, uninvited, how we should all move to this pie in the sky place out in the middle of nowhere so we can all lick our wounds together and talk about how we got over....free at last, free at last, thank God almighty free at last.......

Old 08-29-2007, 01:56 PM

What? Where do you get troll out of those posts? I've been to the greater LA Basin over 20 times in the last few years. I will have spent 8 days out of the last two weeks there. I feel like I'm still a resident. I can't seem to get away.

It was hardly my decision to move from there in the late 70's as I was only 10 years old. I had no problem getting bussed to Watts from the already fairly well segregated San Fernando Valley. Blame my parents for deciding to migrate to hickville Colorado.

If I were rich enough, I'd love to have a pad in LA. Problem is, most of my friends have left the area as well. Most of my neighbors were once from SoCal, so I guess I'm in pretty good company.

Sheez! Nobody seems to have a sense of humor these days!

Old 08-29-2007, 02:05 PM

723 posts, read 2,999,920 times
ETA: edited for content

YAY!!! LA rules!!!

Old 08-29-2007, 02:13 PM

I can't afford to live in Boulder either, so I'd better believe in God!http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/mcgowdog/meparto1.gif (broken link)

Another beaut from SoCal;

PS; do I owe LA an ammend? Sorry for the 9-11 comment. That was harsh. God Bless America anyway. Things could be worse.

Last edited by McGowdog; 08-29-2007 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: attempt at an ammend

Old 08-29-2007, 02:14 PM

723 posts, read 2,999,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I can't afford to live in Boulder either, so I'd better believe in God!http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p133/mcgowdog/meparto1.gif (broken link)

Another beaut from SoCal;

Topanga is awesome! I'd love to get some land there...

Old 08-29-2007, 02:24 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
Now the guy has to work his way through post from trolls who are jealous that they couldn't make it in California so they move to the hinterlands and phane how great life is for them now. So great that they loiter around in forums about LA (nobody cares about forums on Colorado) to share, uninvited, how we should all move to this pie in the sky place out in the middle of nowhere so we can all lick our wounds together and talk about how we got over....free at last, free at last, thank God almighty free at last.......
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm....How do you spell 'defensive' again?

One thing I'm finding out here is that people just CAN NOT laugh at themselves. I mean not even good-naturedly. Geez, that picture was FUNNY. It really was. And is it something one might see in L.A.? Well, of course. Not all of L.A. One thing I'm finding out here is that people have a little less of a sense of humor, and seem to take themselves so seriously.

I remember when my husband (he IS from L.A.) took me to southern California for the first time. We were driving past a McDonald's and I said, "How weird, that McDonald's has Spanish architecture." (Not because of the architecture style itself, of course, considering where we were/now are...but just seeing a fast food joint that way.) My father-in-law said in this serious, knowledgeable voice, "Well, that's because across the country, you will find that chain establishments try to make themselves visually comfortable to what people grew up with."

"That's true," my husband nodded just as seriously. "If we were in the northeast right now, instead of the golden arches you'd see a big middle finger."

I wet myself laughing while my mother-in-law very seriously began to try to explain to my husband how INCREDIBLY disrespectful that must feel to me, a northeasterner. I couldn't answer. I was too busy choking on my coffee from laughing.

There's usually at least a teensy bit of truth to the stereotypes we hear about our home stomping grounds. And for the love of Mike. It's funny. Live a little, Angelion. Laugh. It won't kill ya. Are there homeless and/or crazies in L.A.? Erm...yeah. And I promise you it's OKAY to just giggle at a picture without hopping all around defensively or pointing out that "it's not just L.A., it's every city" or what have you. All ya really needed to do...was crack a smile. I promise you won't die.

(p.s. I'm concerned you didn't get the memo so I just thought I'd give you a heads-up...it isn't really necessary to inform every single person on every single post that ANY place besides the L.A. is the boonies, the sticks, the middle of nowhere, hell, hell on earth, cultureless or yada yadda... I mean it's not in the L.A. Forum TOS that you absolutely must tell the world that any place they live besides L.A. is backward. I'm just worried you might not know that and that your fingers might be getting tired from typing it. But if not...it's a free country; carry on... :P)

Last edited by JerZ; 08-29-2007 at 02:46 PM..

Old 08-29-2007, 02:31 PM

I hear that. At least people in this thread converse a little. People in my hometown thread hate me because of the smack style that I've learned on a daily basis from......yours truly...The Jim Rome Show!

But seriously, what a Country! It took a Russian to figure that one out. "Where but in America do people have homes worth 100s of thousands of dollars and vehicles worth 10s of thousands of dollars and they park those vehicles in the driveway but have their garages filled with worthless junk?"

Guilty as charged.

As for the homeless, no laughing matter. Our homeless in Colorado are some of the toughest in the nation, at least come November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles