Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 01:52 PM

5 posts, read 14,245 times

Advertisements

Hello. I currently work in Burbank and am moving to Belmont Shore in LB. I love the neighborhood and want to know what the commute is really like driving Monday - Friday from Belmont Shore to Burbank. I could have flexible hours and work 8 - 5 vs. 9-6 if anyone thinks that would help?
Would love any feedback. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 01:54 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times
The fastest way is probably via San Bernardino. Those hours aren't a going to help.

The only thing that might save you is the blue line and/or metrolink but that is just way too much of a commute by car, train, or anything not airborne.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM

thanks. its not really an option unless I change jobs. Belmont Shore is where we want to live and raise the kids. any other thoughts on what the real commute is like?

Old 05-14-2012, 02:30 PM

4,538 posts, read 10,631,284 times
38 miles in traffic. Plus it's a haul from the freeway to Belmont shores at that time to.

Hour and a half each way. Worse on some days. At 2 am it's 45-50 minutes

Old 05-14-2012, 05:49 PM

491 posts, read 2,290,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBrady28 View Post
thanks. its not really an option unless I change jobs. Belmont Shore is where we want to live and raise the kids. any other thoughts on what the real commute is like?
You say it's not an option but you have other options of where to live. That is not a terribly long commute as the crow flies but it is not a pretty commute due to going through downtown L.A. You could be stuck countless hours back and forth.

If you can use the Metro, that will take over an hour each way.

Best thing is to visit, rent a car and do the exact commute throughout the week.

If you insist on doing this to yourself, at least look into carpooling so you can use the diamond lane.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:27 AM

4,400 posts, read 13,395,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleBrady28 View Post
Hello. I currently work in Burbank and am moving to Belmont Shore in LB. I love the neighborhood and want to know what the commute is really like driving Monday - Friday from Belmont Shore to Burbank. I could have flexible hours and work 8 - 5 vs. 9-6 if anyone thinks that would help?
Would love any feedback. Thanks!

Realistically? On a good day I would estimate about 1.5 hours. Try going to google maps and getting directions using a precise start and end point. It will give you the time it should take and the "current drive time in traffic". The other rule is that you at least double the no traffic drive, which is easily 40 minutes.

Also, those hours won;t help. As you travel from Long Beach you may be ok up until mid-city/downtown, but you are going to get stuck in am traffic and pm traffic. Also, once you get near Burbank you will also hit traffic. And, keep in mind that they are doing intense amounts of construction on the 405...this causes people to find alternate routes.

I had a long commute once...it sort of ruined my life, LOL. Not really. But 14 hour days make things tough. Not to put a damper on your plans, but leaving your house at 6-7am and getting home between 7-8pm is rough.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:09 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Maybe the option is looking for work a little closer to Long Beach.
Appreciate the honest input.

Old 05-18-2012, 03:52 PM

491 posts, read 2,290,820 times
You're welcome. And your kids will thank you!

Old 05-19-2012, 12:32 AM

237 posts, read 668,961 times
I hope you have guaranteed parking because no matter how nice Belmont Shore is (and it is nice) it is also a very overpopulated small area and being able to return home to a nearby parking spot will RULE your life.

Old 05-29-2012, 01:47 PM

have a potential option to work in an office on santa monica blvd and Sepulveda... right off the 405. Any thoughts on if that would change the commute from Belmont Shore? Yes we do have parking. Thanks again all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles