Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 08:12 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
You're basing it off your personal experience/stereotype which I don't think you've met that many industry types. Since I've worked in the industry I have seen firsthand. All races, ages, sizes, both genders.
I never said it was just one particular race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 04:02 PM

134 posts, read 348,443 times
I've been here exactly a month as of today and so far made 3 new friends and through those friends made even more acquaintances, So I think it all depends on your personality I'm pretty easy going and not a negative person and I don't try to push or force a friendship on anyone, every friend I've made has been without really trying too hard usually being at a bar or restaurant or something like that where somehow I end up in a conversation with someone sitting nearby then it just kind of develops from there.

Don't always believe that everyone stays exclusive to their cliques either because even back in my hometown of about 400,000 people where everyone constantly complained that it was too cliquish I always seemed to make new friends every week when I went out on top of the lifelong friends I had, so its all about your mindset but that's just IMO.

Old 09-21-2013, 03:29 AM

305 posts, read 376,550 times
LA Native here. As I am reading your posts, they're mostly ignorant and seem to mention "bars" or "drinks." Might be where the difference is between LA and other places, especially the east coast. My idea of fun is not going to a bar to get drunk, look at your face (especially a coworker after seeing you for 9 hours everyday), and hear your problems. I don't want to just sit there and talk (boring). There needs to be some activity, preferably physical activity. Maybe you can round up some other transplants who are into booze and misery but, Southern Californians were born and bred to have fun in the sun. Being cool is in our DNA. If you're not it, then, you're not it. Maybe should study the local culture before spewing ignorance on top of ignorance, moving here, and complaining because Native Angelenos won't give you the time.

Last edited by theGreat1; 09-21-2013 at 03:38 AM..

Old 09-21-2013, 11:01 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Native Angelenos are great people. I have yet to meet one that's not down to earth, fun loving and mean spirited. I really think its just some of the transplants in certain industries that equate LA with the mess they see in the movies and think they have to act accordingly.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:49 PM

4,213 posts, read 8,308,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Native Angelenos are great people. I have yet to meet one that's not down to earth, fun loving and mean spirited. I really think its just some of the transplants in certain industries that equate LA with the mess they see in the movies and think they have to act accordingly.
very true. the natives are chill and friendly, if not a bit reserved, but at least genuine. transplants are everything that's ugly about la people.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:27 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,804,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by disgruntled la native View Post
very true. the natives are chill and friendly, if not a bit reserved, but at least genuine. transplants are everything that's ugly about la people.
I don't like the west side of L.A. because of its people. I'm sure many are transplants, but the area has been heavily populated for 100 years, so I'm sure many are also natives. Glendale has an attitude problem, too, but it does seem to be more from the Armenian population.

I've been to Venice, Pasadena, downtown L.A., Alhambra, San Gabriel, Santa Clarita, and parts of the San Fernando Valley. I was just in Norwalk and Santa Fe Springs this afternoon. L.A. people do seem to be pretty down to Earth overall, and I've pointed that out in previous posts. In fact, I wanted to move to L.A. over Orange County (especially South OC), however...

I just moved to South OC. The school I wanted to attend (in L.A. Co.) was too expensive, so I picked the cheaper albeit still great alternative (in South OC). It makes sense in SoCal to live close to where you work or go to school. Anyway, talk about a group of people that are stuck up their own a**holes; at least that's the way it seems so far. Agree or disagree?

Last edited by EclecticEars; 09-21-2013 at 09:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles