Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 05:44 PM

37 posts, read 47,875 times

Advertisements

Who cares? Seriously? You mention he's a noisy neighbor so I presume you want to turn him in just because he annoys you. Just move on with your life and let it go. Ask yourself what good could come from you making this much of a fuss about it. Nothing. Nothing good except for maybe a little satisfaction.

I moved here from Illinois, still ride on IL plates on the one car because I have vanities I don't want to get rid of. I bought another car here in LA and got the little paper in the window. I've been driving like that for over 2 months with no sign of plates or a title in the mail. I get passed by cops all the time, behind me all the time, etc and nobody cares. The worst I got was last week a cop was behind me, pulled up along side of me and then backed up in an attempt to see through my passenger window that I had the piece of paper up there. A nod ensued and that was it. I'm fully insured as I'm sure your neighbor is too.

Just live and let live. It pains me to think you might be one of my neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 05:52 PM

77 posts, read 119,926 times
I see we have all answered the question I didn't ask, which is why there are so many uninsured drivers and hit and runs here. Who cares? Live and let live! Laws are for losers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeymike View Post
Who cares? Seriously? You mention he's a noisy neighbor so I presume you want to turn him in just because he annoys you. Just move on with your life and let it go. Ask yourself what good could come from you making this much of a fuss about it. Nothing. Nothing good except for maybe a little satisfaction.

I moved here from Illinois, still ride on IL plates on the one car because I have vanities I don't want to get rid of. I bought another car here in LA and got the little paper in the window. I've been driving like that for over 2 months with no sign of plates or a title in the mail. I get passed by cops all the time, behind me all the time, etc and nobody cares. The worst I got was last week a cop was behind me, pulled up along side of me and then backed up in an attempt to see through my passenger window that I had the piece of paper up there. A nod ensued and that was it. I'm fully insured as I'm sure your neighbor is too.

Just live and let live. It pains me to think you might be one of my neighbors.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:01 PM

601 posts, read 756,205 times
It seems like you're assuming the worst because you already dislike this person - when we moved from out of state and switched over our vehicle, it took a few months for that plate to finally show up in the mail, we had the paper one for a long time. This is the DMV, after all...

Old 03-17-2014, 08:08 PM

77 posts, read 119,926 times
Thank you for your reply and actually answering my question. The reason I posed it in the first place is so that I do not "assume" anything -- my dislike of this person does not make their action in this regard legal or illegal. Which is why I wanted to know if there is a scenario where the situation could be within the law. It sounds like it could take several months for CA plates to arrive. So the car I am speaking of may be registered. Or maybe not. So I can't draw a conclusion from the evidence on hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceMonkyPunks View Post
It seems like you're assuming the worst because you already dislike this person - when we moved from out of state and switched over our vehicle, it took a few months for that plate to finally show up in the mail, we had the paper one for a long time. This is the DMV, after all...

Old 03-17-2014, 11:26 PM

224 posts, read 321,760 times
pssst! hey bordello, if you have a beef with the neighbor go take it up personally.

knock on the ****ing door, tell them to set sail for dick, etc. and be done with it.

crying on the internet and being a passive-agressive wimp accomplishes what?

also, mind your own business, you some kind of wannabe cop?

Old 03-17-2014, 11:55 PM

87 posts, read 133,341 times
mind you , if the little thing in the window is a numbered month, they can get those things for a pretty long time if they keep going in month after month.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:21 PM

1,238 posts, read 1,831,517 times
I drove in LA for four years without changing my plates. I only changed them because I had to renew my driver's license after four years of living here and decided to finally get a California DL. The state is pretty incompetent at enforcing plates. I can't tell you how many times on my old commute through Bev Hills I'd see the same expensive new cars with no plates at all and just a dealer advertisement where the plate should be. It's almost as if it's a status symbol, no plates on an expensive car.

Also, you really seem to have riled up some people in this post. Dang!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: