Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 01:01 PM

672 posts, read 2,175,874 times

Advertisements

Don't see many celebs in my part of town, but, I once was in line behind that woman from the Terminator movies at a Whole Foods in the West Side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2014, 05:56 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,733,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldBear View Post
I'm guessing the OP is looking for hip, young stars of stage and screen but since I don't know who many of them are, I'll just go with what I can remember.

Saw Kevin Costner a couple of times when he had a restaurant in Pasadena.

Used to be, if you went to Dan Tana's or Musso and Franks at night you would almost always see a (slightly faded) star. Jack Klugman, Robert Blake, guys like that. Same with the Formosa Cafe and Lucy's El Adobe at cocktail time.

OJ Simpson drove past me once at Overland and Palms in a Bentley or Rolls back in the late 80's. He was going too fast.

Sports guys probably don't really count here but I had a nice chat with Tommy Lasorda one morning when he was checking out a new rib place he opened in Lakewood/LB. We spent about 15 minutes shouting (friendly, but we were on two different sides of the street), anecdotes at each other about our beloved Dodgers. We'd probably still be there except for the realtor who kept pulling him away.

When the Ram's were still here Legend's in Belmont Shore was a good place for the sports crowd as was the Charlie Browns on Beach Boulevard in HB. Rams, Angels, Kings, Doyers.

Used to see Tom Hayden wandering around over by the Cheviot Hills Rec Center looking homeless and confused.

A few doors down from the Roxy in W Hollywierd is a place called the Rainbow Bar. Sightings of Jackson Browne, Alice Cooper (no makeup), Don Frey, and lots of people I should have recognized but sadly, while in the place, I wasn't quite as alert as I should have been.
Was DON FREY with GLEN HENLEY?

Old 08-24-2014, 06:22 PM

80 posts, read 156,893 times
Saw Rob Reiner hurrying through LAX, wearing black, no carry-on just a phone.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:22 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,472,115 times
I met George Clooney and Ashley Judd before

Old 08-24-2014, 06:46 PM

23,539 posts, read 24,041,250 times
Steven Spielberg - driving in Malibu
Lucille Ball - many years ago, in West Hollywood
Milton Berle - many years ago, in Beverly Hills
Michael Keaton - having a casual dinner at Versailles
Will Smith - warming up at the driving range at Westlake Golf Course

Old 08-24-2014, 06:56 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,064,630 times
saw Harry Hamlin a year or so ago while hiking at Fryman Park in Studio City.....my very own celeb sighting and I don't even live in LA!.....

Old 08-24-2014, 08:23 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
For many of you, these names won't mean a thing because these are celebs that were popular back in the seventies and eighties.
One however most would know just by his name, but that is toward the end of this post.

When I came to Los Angeles, I struggled as a house painter, and carpenter.
It did however afford me some contacts with people who "knew people".
I did work for Barbra Streisand in her home in Malibu, many years ago, as well as floor refinishing in Steve McQueen's house in Nichols Canyon.
At one time I lived in a complex on Riverside Drive in Burbank, and many actors/ actresses starting out lived there.

James Kahn approached me one day on the sidewalk on Victory Blvd.
He was walking with a couple of people, and stopped to ask me direction.

I lived in an apartment building in Hollywood, and Eddie Deesen lived in the apartment next to mine.( he was in that movie American Graffiti.)
I constructed a redwood fence around Robin Riker's property in West Hollywood.
One day on the Ventura freeway, in heavy traffic, Flip Wilson was stopped next to me.
He had a blue Rolls convertible.
He waved when I gestured "nice car".

Another celeb I saw on the crowded SanDiego freeway one morning was Evil Kenevil.
He had the top down on his Stutz Blackhawk.
Being that traffic was at a crawl, we talked back and forth , complimenting each other on our cars.
At the time I had 62 Cadillac convertible.

My biggest impression by any celeb , though it was in Boston, not Los Angeles, had to be when I shook hands with President Lyndon Johnson.
This was really weird.
At the time I was living in Boston, and along with a friend of mine, we decided to go to Logan to see if we could see him, after hearing he would be landing at Logan.

Back then security was nothing like what it is today at airports.
The President was in town for a speaking engagement.
I felt his motorcade would not be coming through the public roadway from the airport,but he would be traveling through the tunnel that leads to the city. so me and my friend went around to a side entrance from the airport, used mostly by service trucks for the airport.
I knew the area around the airport well because I lived close by, on Revere Street in East Boston.
It was a gamble that paid off.

Some other people must have felt the same because there were about thirty or so people gathered at the gate of the narrow roadway leading from the airport.
We waited about fifteen minutes before the motorcade was in sight.
A motorcycle officer stopped to open the gate, and motioned us back from the gate.
The car carrying the President was moving slowly through the open gate.
I was only inches from the car.
It stopped in front of me, the President lowered the window and reached out and shook my hand.
I said "welcome to Boston Mr President".

He thanked me and then put the window back up as the car began to move forward once again.
Of all the people there, I was the only one he shook hands with, and spoke too.
It was as though he instructed the drive to stop, just to say hello, shake my hand, then told the driver to proceed.
I never forgot that incident.

Bob.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:16 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
I misspelled James Caan in the post above,but before I realized it, I could not get back to edit the spelling.

Bob.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:50 AM

8 posts, read 12,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
Jody Foster
Martin Landau
Sophia Vagara
Diana Ross
Cher
Liza Minelli
Tyra Banks
Chris Rock
Whoopi Goldberg
Vivica Fox
Jon Voight
Maria Shriver
Randy Jackson - A Idol
Paula Abdul
Diahann Carroll
Sidney Poitier
Katy Segall
Adrian Brody
Halle Berry
Vera Wang
Gwyneth Paltrow
Sandra Bullock
Stacey Dash
Malcolm Jamal Warner
Freda Payne
Megan Goode
Queen Latifah
Nicole Richie
P. Diddy
Lisa Vanderpool
Malia Obama
Sylvester Stallone
George Hamilton
Lisa Kudrow
Vera Wang
Angela Lansbury
Milton Berle
Kenya Moore - Atlanta Housewives
Kim Coles
Linda Evangelista
Mary J. Blige
Zac Efron
Donna Mills
Natalie Cole
and many more.
wow you saw all these celebs that's pretty cool ! I mean it's a long list

Old 08-25-2014, 08:14 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,272,489 times
Back in 2012 I spoke to Mitch Lucker about four hours before he fell off his Harley,I remember saying "take it easy man". Still find it difficult to believe..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles