Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2014, 09:47 AM

556 posts, read 763,774 times

Advertisements

Didn't AEG already say they will pay 100% of the stadium costs if a team just agrees to go there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 11:10 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,203,347 times
They should just modernize the coliseum. I truly don't care if the NFL comes back to LA though. The two college teams(USC and UCLA)suit me just fine.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:11 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,187,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just One of the Guys View Post
This isn't about LA thriving, we all know LA doesn't need a team to "thrive". It is about all the LA based football fans to have a LA pro team to root for.

I for one would love to have my Los Angeles Rams back. I grew up a Ram fan from back in the Roman Gabriel days. Since the Rams moved to St. Louis, I have been following pro football from afar. I would love to be interested in the NFL draft again, to see who MY team selected.
Why can you only root for an LA team? Most cities don't have NFL teams but every city has die hard football fans.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:52 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,618,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyatwork37 View Post
Didn't AEG already say they will pay 100% of the stadium costs if a team just agrees to go there?
I think they wanted a large stake in the ownership of any football team movng into Farmers Field.

On the other hand, Stan Kreonke who owns the Rams has already bought 60 acres near Hollywood Park and I also heard is looking into buying Hollywood Park itself. Now that would be a perfect place for a football stadium!!

Old 12-18-2014, 12:53 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,618,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Why can you only root for an LA team? Most cities don't have NFL teams but every city has die hard football fans.
LA is the nearest big city to where I live, so I choose to be an LA fan. So I guess you can say I root based on geography.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:20 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,203,347 times
Quote:
I think they wanted a large stake in the ownership of any football team movng into Farmers Field.

On the other hand, Stan Kreonke who owns the Rams has already bought 60 acres near Hollywood Park and I also heard is looking into buying Hollywood Park itself. Now that would be a perfect place for a football stadium!!
Art Moreno may move his Angels there as I've heard he wants out of Orange County.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:24 PM

539 posts, read 524,087 times
LA will get a team, its just too attractive. The NFL knows that and is being aggressive with the terms its offering the owners. For example AEG wanted 35 percent of the team from the rams owner. Still, I've read reports that team values of these teams are around $1b right now and will at least double, and may even triple if they move to LA. So its gonna happen, just when and under what terms.

Old 12-18-2014, 11:52 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,187,772 times
Professional sports team value are wildly exaggerated. There is no oversight or fact-checking process for ascertaining accurate values, just internal projections. If teams were publicly traded entities and the values accurately reported they would be worth half as much, tops. Inflating the value makes teams and leagues look like economic juggernauts.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
This isn't about LA thriving, we all know LA doesn't need a team to "thrive". It is about all the LA based football fans to have a LA pro team to root for.

I for one would love to have my Los Angeles Rams back. I grew up a Ram fan from back in the Roman Gabriel days. Since the Rams moved to St. Louis, I have been following pro football from afar. I would love to be interested in the NFL draft again, to see who MY team selected.
My thoughts exactly. No one is talking about the city surviving, like you, many of us love the sport, remember the days when we could have a local team to support and love. it was part of Sunday afternoon. Now, you can sit and watch a game on the boob tube, but it probably won't be "your" team becasue "your" team is 2000 miles away and not on the tube every week. The paper isn't going to cover a team 2/3rd of the way across the country. I suppose all those who don't want to see Los Angeles get an NFL team would jump for joy if the Dodgers, Lakers and Kings left the city or is their favorite sport different? I remember when the Dodgers decided to move to Los Angeles, and the excitement across the city and county. What do I think about when I think about 1958, of course I think about my wedding day,but I also think about it being the year the Dodgers played for the first time L,A. Dodgers won their first world series.

Old 12-19-2014, 04:50 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,810,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
What difference does that make? There is no pro team in the second largest city in the country. What is so hard to understand about that? Yes, for those of us who have chosen to live in an area without the population to support a pro team we settle, we root for teams miles away, but it isn't the same.

For people who say, USC and UCLA are enough; what about the bay area? Two pro football teams, plus Stanford and Cal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles