Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 09:26 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,490,144 times

Advertisements

I thought of this thread when i watched this
You Can Tell A Lot About A Person's Dong Just By Looking At His Car - CollegeHumor Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:35 PM

For me a car is a tool, nothing more, nothing less. My girst car straight of high school was a 1997 Honda Civic...which endured endless roadtrips up and down the state, to Vegas, Mexico, Canada, Florida and back etc. I put hundreds of thousands of miles on that baby.

My second car was/is a 2000 Honda Civic, which I plan to keep/maintain for as long as possible. Great gas mileage, cheap and easy to maintain. What more could i want?

OTOH i had friends and cousins who in their late teens/early 20s decided to invest in a fancy new car, and then complained that they didnt have money to do anything. To me a car payment is like a waste of money. money i rather be saving up for a plane ticket to a different corner of the world. So many people complain they dont have the means to travel without realizing they choose their own lifestyles, and that lifestyle is debt.

*my one complaint with being a male and owning a Honda is that other dude's awesome im into racing. I think this happens to acura owners as well. It's happen to me several times while on the freeway in LA, and when I was driving through Florida.

Last edited by RudyOD; 04-20-2015 at 09:49 PM..

Old 04-21-2015, 12:48 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyOD View Post
*my one complaint with being a male and owning a Honda is that other dude's awesome im into racing. I think this happens to acura owners as well. It's happen to me several times while on the freeway in LA, and when I was driving through Florida.
You're saying they assume you're into racing because you drive a Honda?

Old 04-21-2015, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
You're saying they assume you're into racing because you drive a Honda?
Too many damn times. The thing is that Honda's and Acura's are usually bought and transformed into racing cars. In my school there were also quite a few of what people call 'ricers'...meaning Asian American street car racers*. (Some see the term as derogatory, others take pride in it...either-way, I wouldn't go out and just call someone that.) Their cars of choice for racing are Honda's and Acura's...and in North OC and the SGV it isn't uncommon to see these decked out Honda's for racing.

just for fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALQegcFgLAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2qPm3EW1M

http://memecrunch.com/meme/1CNX1/01-...like/image.png

*Ricers in my hood were used to describe Asian American racers, but in general it just means any amateur (or Really Immature Car Enthusiast)*

Last edited by RudyOD; 04-21-2015 at 01:25 AM..

Old 04-21-2015, 10:33 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
I remember when those were really popular in L.A , with the BIG spoilers lol.

I guess they are in the North OC and SGV now .

There has also been a lot of talk of millennials not being that into cars nowadays

The many reasons millennials are shunning cars - The Washington Post

But now interestingly....it turns is BS according to the new 'research' or articles !

The Great Millennial Car Comeback

Proves that you can't believe everything you read!!!

We also heard the same thing about millennials and house buying...and that has turned out to be nonsense as well according to some recent articles...funny how the media flip flops.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:59 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,289,513 times
my officemate earns aroung 46k but drives a branch new Porche and shops at Fashion Island and rents a room

never travels, never eat at fancy restos, just plays pingpong and hangout at coffeshop

and single and never dates

its just a matter of priorities..outside appearance is deceiving

Old 04-21-2015, 11:16 AM

2,054 posts, read 2,570,207 times
I'd just like to add that I bought a 4 year old BMW a few years ago. really just loved the look of it, and the driving was out of sight, man. Car is still running well, and paid for!

Old 04-21-2015, 11:18 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Well I guess he HE has HIS priorities straight...

I'm guessing the Porsche is more important to him than those other things.

Personally I enjoy good food (but not super fancy) , travelling and my own privacy too much.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:19 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,059,933 times
By time I make it out to LA, I'll be driving around in a new but mere Prius C Two . It's all about the mileage and being 'cute' while green and very affordable.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:22 AM

3,437 posts, read 3,289,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Well I guess he HE has HIS priorities straight...

I'm guessing the Porsche is more important to him than those other things.

Personally I enjoy good food (but not super fancy) , travelling and my own privacy too much.
I assume he is contented with noodles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles