Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 12:04 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
Yeah I read it, and the money spent on law enforcement is going towards management of homeless people, don't you get it?

Since you're so quick to criticize my Grizzly Adams analogy (which is an accurate comparison), and you so empathize with the plight of the homeless, what in the hell is YOUR solution? Just another baseless opinion I reckon. It's people like you who want to kick the can down the street and act all high and mighty with your views of how things should be, or should remain.
Try re-reading my posts in this thread, then come back and tell me I am offering baseless opinions or suggesting 'kicking the can down the road'. As far as spending 87 million on law enforcement; well, the number of homeless keeps increasing no matter how often the cops arrest them so maybe it's time to look at other solutions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2015, 12:05 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,474,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Try re-reading my posts in this thread, then come back and tell me I am offering baseless opinions or suggesting 'kicking the can down the road'. As far as spending 87 million on law enforcement; well, the number of homeless keeps increasing no matter how often the cops arrest them so maybe it's time to look at other solutions.
Nobody has a good solution to the homeless, its obviously really bad in LA when I saw homeless people in Beverly Hills, Westwood, Brentwood Bel Air and other rich west side communities, homeless are everywhere in LA even in the richest of the rich parts of LA.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:10 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Nobody has a good solution to the homeless, its obviously really bad in LA when I saw homeless people in Beverly Hills, Westwood, Brentwood Bel Air and other rich west side communities, homeless are everywhere in LA even in the richest of the rich parts of LA.
You don't see to many homeless in Burbank , Culver City but you see a lot in Santa Monica even though Santa Monica is likely a more expensive and wealthy area.

Hard to say for sure if it's the policies of the city or preference.

Just like some people like to live around their own culture, there is probably some comfort in the homeless wanting to be next to each other too.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:12 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,474,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
You don't see to many homeless in Burbank , Culver City but you see a lot in Santa Monica even though Santa Monica is likely a more expensive and wealthy area.

Hard to say for sure if it's the policies of the city or preference.

Just like some people like to live around their own culture, there is probably some comfort in the homeless wanting to be next to each other too.
The homeless in around Hollywood and in Skid Row was downright depressing. I know I probably should not feel bad for some of the homeless but its hard to watch people live in such a horrible way. I do feel bad for the mentally ill that will never recover from homelessness.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:38 PM

2,288 posts, read 3,240,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
What would you know about that?

I wish I'd saved your rep for this post.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:28 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,670,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's real nice, however:

"In Los Angeles, there are enough shelter beds for less than one-third of homeless people, the lowest percentage of any large city in the country. That leaves nearly 18,000 people — an increase of 18% in the last two years — to fend for themselves on the streets."

Stop punishing and start helping L.A.'s homeless - LA Times
There are plenty of resources listed at that link to get them cleaned up and off the street.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:34 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,670,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
Yeah I read it, and the money spent on law enforcement is going towards management of homeless people, don't you get it?
I do not believe it. I cannot imagine that more than $50 million a year is being spent exclusively on law enforcement as it pertains to homeless people. That figure would suggest that law enforcement officers are spending more than half their time dealing with homeless people, or the average cop is earning $500 an hour.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:39 PM

3,190 posts, read 3,186,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
There are plenty of resources listed at that link to get them cleaned up and off the street.
Just stack 'em three to a bed, eh?

Old 07-03-2015, 02:41 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,970,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Maybe we should start requiring people that move here have something going on.

A job ,money , etc..

If you want to move to this State and your plan is to panhandle or sponge off us while spreading your 'belongings' on our public sidewalks and streets that shouldn't be acceptable.
Or what? Kill them on the spot? Throw them behind bars?

Old 07-03-2015, 02:45 PM

3,749 posts, read 4,970,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
The homeless are the biggest violators of the fictional social contract. I'd expect nothing less from the statist masses that are so prevalent on these boards to scorn their existence.

In any event, the overwhelming majority of them are mentally ill.
Posting on this site often reminds me of a Neo-Nazi convention when class issues come up.

It's funny to me how these people despise our government unless our government is acting to persecute their class enemies. Apparently the government can do no wrong unless it is oppressing or killing people they don't approve of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles