Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2015, 01:44 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times

Advertisements

Here's one of my numerous neighborhood squatters.

Although the owners of this parking lot put up a gate, and it gets closed after hours, it doesn't seem to deter this guy and his friends from camping here. When I was young I was taught that a closed gate implied that people were not intended to enter a particular area, but I guess that's rather antiquated thinking in today's society, where common consideration for others is an outmoded concept. And yes, that's a residential multiplex immediately adjacent to the happy camper. And what suckers they are in the multiplex, paying to live there when the guy in the parking lot camps for free and can afford to smoke like a chimney while listening to his iPod.

On the brighter side, at least this isn't the guy who squats in the driveways of single family residences, and even after the police tell him not to do it, does it again a few nights later. And this guy uses those trash cans most of the time for his refuse, I'll give him that much. But he's still a creepy looking psycho, which is why I took these while he wasn't looking.

Good grief, can we have our pleasant neighborhood back, without street weirdos every where I look these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2015, 06:34 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
But he's still a creepy looking psycho, which is why I took these while he wasn't looking.
I would probably reserve the term "psycho" for a person who takes photos of a man sleeping as opposed to the man who is simply sleeping.

But psychology is a vast and very subjective field full of similar quandaries so I'm not going to sweat it too much.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:59 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Not "anything". That's where you have to be careful. But to an extent I do think the "supportive housing" concept that Salt Lake City uses does need to get a bit heavy handed if the person refuses to go. We used to institutionalize people like this and stopped doing so in the late 1970s-early 1980s, forcibly if necessary. Clearly we've gone too far the other way in letting them do whatever they want living on the streets.
So you want to permanently institutionalize homeless people? I'm gobsmacked.

Old 07-04-2015, 08:41 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,059,415 times
Quote:

Although the owners of this parking lot put up a gate, and it gets closed after hours, it doesn't seem to deter this guy and his friends from camping here. When I was young I was taught that a closed gate implied that people were not intended to enter a particular area, but I guess that's rather antiquated thinking in today's society, where common consideration for others is an outmoded concept. And yes, that's a residential multiplex immediately adjacent to the happy camper. And what suckers they are in the multiplex, paying to live there when the guy in the parking lot camps for free and can afford to smoke like a chimney while listening to his iPod.

On the brighter side, at least this isn't the guy who squats in the driveways of single family residences, and even after the police tell him not to do it, does it again a few nights later. And this guy uses those trash cans most of the time for his refuse, I'll give him that much. But he's still a creepy looking psycho, which is why I took these while he wasn't looking.

Good grief, can we have our pleasant neighborhood back, without street weirdos every where I look these days?

Perhaps the owners of the parking lot need to put up a 'No Trespassing 6pm-6am' sign. Maybe you can send this picture to the owners.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:41 AM

Quote:

If that's the worst thing you have to endure in your life, you are a very lucky man

Old 07-04-2015, 10:16 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,433,296 times
Why don't these Democrats who are so compassionate to this filth in your nice neighborhood move him into their neighborhood?

Old 07-04-2015, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Why don't these Democrats who are so compassionate to this filth in your nice neighborhood move him into their neighborhood?
read that sentence out loud, then consider editing it, cause it makes absolutely no sense

Old 07-04-2015, 10:44 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
N.I.M.B.Y Not in my backyard

But it's ok if it's in YOUR backyard.

Hypocrisy

Old 07-04-2015, 10:51 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
Perhaps the owners of the parking lot need to put up a 'No Trespassing 6pm-6am' sign. Maybe you can send this picture to the owners.
Why? They won't enforce it anyway. Too many bleeding hearts don't want to punish people from trespassing.

Old 07-04-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Why? They won't enforce it anyway. Too many bleeding hearts don't want to punish people from trespassing.
silly excuse..if it's posted the property owner can call the cops and have the violator arrested, it really is THAT simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles