Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2015, 09:52 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,058,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Many animals can see, hear, and smell in ranges not possible for humans. Just because something exists outside our ability to perceive it does not make it supernatural. People who claim to be able sense things like spirits or the dread or whatever are most likely falling victim to one of the most powerful yet least understood things in the world, their own mind.

Or perhaps using an open mind, you would realize that people do sense and perceive things that are indeed supernatural. Just because you can't sense such things doesn't mean that others cannot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 10:25 AM

1,191 posts, read 1,584,316 times
Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Old 12-03-2015, 10:41 AM

27 posts, read 33,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude1 View Post
Cocaine is a helluva drug.
-Rick James

My thoughts exactly!

Old 12-03-2015, 10:51 AM

16,554 posts, read 10,621,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelopez2 View Post
"You left the bodies and only moved the headstone, you only moved the headstones!"
My takeaway from that movie: when the TV station goes off the air for the night (do they still do that?) and there's nothing but static on . . . TURN IT OFF!!

Old 12-03-2015, 03:53 PM

4,453 posts, read 6,798,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
My takeaway from that movie: when the TV station goes off the air for the night (do they still do that?) and there's nothing but static on . . . TURN IT OFF!!
No, to keep the TV people away, they sell blenders and vacuums with the off air time.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:15 PM

48 posts, read 58,777 times
The first problem with this thread is "I heard it at Datalounge."

That board is full of evil queens. Los Angeles is not "evil." Datalounge is.

Old 12-03-2015, 09:07 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MItoBH View Post
Or perhaps using an open mind, you would realize that people do sense and perceive things that are indeed supernatural. Just because you can't sense such things doesn't mean that others cannot.
Typical response. Why do I need an open mind to detect spirits or evils or whatever with my "sixth sense"'
yet I can see, hear, smell, etc without the same need?

Old 12-03-2015, 09:11 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
I got that feeling, too. I lived there between the years of 1985 and 1989. And I just kind of felt like nobody there cared about anyone else.

Old 12-04-2015, 07:13 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,058,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Typical response. Why do I need an open mind to detect spirits or evils or whatever with my "sixth sense"'
yet I can see, hear, smell, etc without the same need?

sigh. nevermind.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:20 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilbrensbrarbher View Post
Hi everybody!

I'm Eddie.

This is my first post on this forum although I've been lurking for quite some time. As a frequent traveler who has moved a few times, I find this place to be a great resource to prepare for a new city. Since there are so many knowledgeable souls on here, I felt it might be a good place to ask a rather strange question that might sound stupid to some people. It's been stuck in my craw for over a decade now, though, so here goes.

I was perusing the Data Lounge forums earlier and I stumbled upon what seemed a standard boiler plate hate thread about Los Angeles, and, as someone who spent most of his childhood and adolescence in Pasadena, I felt compelled to read what the OP had to say (for the yuks). It was all quite boring and typical, but then I came across one comment that worded a feeling I have had since I was very young in a way that sent chills up my spine.

Anonymous said: "Whenever I've been in LA, I always feel an unnatural - almost supernatural - undercurrent of evil. I'm serious. Maybe I'm just paranoid but I don't feel it in any other city."

Now I've been to every major city in the US and am familiar with many of them (currently residing in San Francisco cause work), and I totally agree with this guy. I feel like someone put some sort of a hex on the area. Especially LA proper, which has an almost mystical satanic-dystopia vibe about it (from my POV, at least). I don't know why, but the Grove has always caused my geiger counter of evil to go haywire.

I went to college in the Midwest for four years (yuck! sorry Midwesterners, not a fan ) and I will never forget the day I rolled back into LA for as long as I live. I didn't even have to get all the way into town before the evil vibes came rushing back--I could feel them from the freeway. It was like coming up on one of those really bad acid trips that you know is going to be awful before it even starts.

These vibes don't exist in any other place I've been, they have a very distinct flavor. I'd say Las Vegas and NYC are the only cities that sort of compare, but they are still not on the same level. Not the same particular, desperate sort of sadness.

I have a theory that all of the broken dreams and sad stories (looking at you, Hollywood) have coagulated into a massive occlusion which has shadowed the city, but then again that sounds completely insane! This all sounds completely insane, but I promise I'm not crazy. I tried really, really hard to ignore it while I lived there but deep down I couldn't deny it. It was the definition of a vibration, impossible to ignore, innate, resonant...the feelings were involuntary and I was therefore unable to completely discount them, try as I did.

Now, does anyone relate, even a little bit, to what I am saying? I have felt this way for years and have never spoken up about it, since I had to live with my parents as a kid I had no choice but to force myself to ignore it. Also, defensive LA people, I am not trying to crap on LA. I know people do that a lot and you don't like it. I just want to know if it's just me or there really is something strange under the floorboards of the City of Angels.

Also, here's a link to the page I found the original comment on FYI, refer to reply number 45:

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/10...f-los-angeles-
In my opinion, Hollywood feels like desperation to me, as does Las Vegas. Two towns that give me the skeevie weegies. They both have an off-putting energy to me.

Malibu at night feels haunted in my opinion, so quiet you can hear your heart beat in your ears, I can't sleep there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles