Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2016, 09:54 PM

44 posts, read 34,176 times

Advertisements

A place I used to work at had a stack of ancient Playboys and other mags. I read an article in one from 1975 that was an interview with Carlos Castaneda. He said that he was driving with Don Juan to LA and when they got about 50 miles out of town Don Juan flipped out. He said that he wouldn't go anywhere near LA because there were too many evil spirits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 09:56 AM

53 posts, read 82,683 times
OP is on to something. Everybody can feel the horrifing spiritual energy in the atmosphere if they just focus their level of concious to the maximum present time in space per nano-seconds. It's simple universal quantum physics really. Whenever I'm in LA, I always feel a powerful supernatural undercurrent of evil. Just pure sinister gore demons loosely wondering.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:56 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwe View Post
A place I used to work at had a stack of ancient Playboys and other mags. I read an article in one from 1975 that was an interview with Carlos Castaneda. He said that he was driving with Don Juan to LA and when they got about 50 miles out of town Don Juan flipped out. He said that he wouldn't go anywhere near LA because there were too many evil spirits.
Wait.

Wait wait wait wait wait.

You READ the articles?

There's evil here at work, to be sure!!

Old 10-24-2016, 06:36 PM

1,616 posts, read 2,491,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Wait.

Wait wait wait wait wait.

You READ the articles?

There's evil here at work, to be sure!!

Old 10-25-2016, 10:47 AM

104 posts, read 96,042 times
I feel that when I fly/drive into Detroit. There is usually a grey cloud cover and a depressing Midwest feel.

Old 10-25-2016, 01:01 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,646,705 times
You should read Morgan Richter's books, especially Wrong City and Demon City. Explains all about LA.

Old 10-25-2016, 01:02 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,100,640 times
I wonder how many of those feeling "extreme evil" are LA Natives.

Coming from out of town I could understand how the underwhelming realities of LA could come across as twisted or cruel when compared to the sunshine & stars that the media exports. It's a big city filled with an incredibly diverse crowd all looking to survive...just like you. If you came in expecting to see nothing but friendly & beautiful rich people farting rainbow fairy dust into crisp ocean air, you're certainly going to question what's up.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:10 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,017,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post

Coming from out of town I could understand how the underwhelming realities of LA could come across as twisted or cruel when compared to the sunshine & stars that the media exports. It's a big city filled with an incredibly diverse crowd all looking to survive...just like you. If you came in expecting to see nothing but friendly & beautiful rich people farting rainbow fairy dust into crisp ocean air, you're certainly going to question what's up.
I honestly felt a lot more menace the (many) times I had to walk through NYC than anywhere, so far, in the L.A. area.

In NYC I felt as if some"thing" or someone was actively preying and that danger was lurking everywhere. I would feel a darkness come crushing down as soon as I crossed the bridge (or came out the tunnel) and could not WAIT to get my job done and high-tail it out of there.

Sure, I could just be a psychotic, paranoid mess but OTOH, since I don't feel that way in other places, I have to feel it's more likely that there's something, anyway, specifically to do with New York that made me feel that way. Or else something that just hit me, personally, in a very wrong/bad way. It could be the same for the L.A.-dislikers.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:35 PM

672 posts, read 2,176,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adr3naline View Post

I've lived in LA for a decade, and I grew up in OC. And I've got to say that when I moved to London, England, in the 1990s, I always felt this feeling of despair or hopelessness in the background the whole time I lived there. These days, I feel it here in LA sometimes, too, but not as bad as over there. And in LA, we are not so post-Christian and fatalist as England. Most people here still have some hope that good things may come if you really try.

But then there are those time I leave LA for the mountains or the beach and find some quiet and sunshine, and I think that the way we live here in the city is just not the way humanity was supposed to live.

Old 10-25-2016, 06:00 PM

508 posts, read 504,689 times
Amsterdam's city flag has three x's in its coat of arms.

Parts of Russia's has co-ordinates that are 60°0′N 166°10′E.

Newark, New Jersey proudly calls their hockey team the New Jersey Devils.

Barack Obama once used a Ouija Board to see if his crush Michelle liked him.

What happens when somebody dies? They go to hell if they are bad. There is a neighborhood in New York City called HELLS KITCHEN.

What do you call somebody with a contrary opinion? A Devils Advocate!

Coincidence? I think not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles