Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 10:04 AM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,416,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
LA is a ****hole in my opinion
Then why do you post here? Why do you visit LA? Why do you keep complaining about how expensive LA is? Are these threads just a smoke screen for you to complain about LA? If you think LA sucks so much, why are you always contemplating moving back to LA? Or why do you listen to your "friends" who want you to come back to LA? Why are you wishing for housing prices in LA to crash?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 10:07 AM

2,148 posts, read 2,925,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Then why do you post here? Why do you visit LA? Why do you keep complaining about how expensive LA is? Are these threads just a smoke screen for you to complain about LA? If you think LA sucks so much, why are you always contemplating moving back to LA? Or why do you listen to your "friends" who want you to come back to LA? Why are you wishing for housing prices in LA to crash?
I don't really like LA. My parents still live in LA. LA is an overpriced and overrated city.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:20 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,634,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howiester View Post
And was 34 years old, broke, unemployed, and lived with mommy, yet his girlfriend was somehow a gold digger.

LOL...yes she needs to go back to gold digging school.

Quote:
OP, you can't afford LA. No matter how many threads you make about Seattle being cheaper than LA.
The OP is 34 and born and raised in Encino and lived with the parents. Went to Cal State Northridge, they should have been able to buy a condo with the money saved living all those years at home. Even if they made say $40K a year and banked half of it.

Quote:
These are the same friends.
So they wouldn't let you stay with them for a few days when you visited, but they want you to move back?

That makes no sense.

Quote:
In Seattle people aren't superficial like they are in LA. In LA employers discriminated against me because of my Aspergers. Moving to Seattle was one of the best choices I ever made in life.
Than why do you keep posting on the LA board about things that shouldn't concern you anymore?

If you're so happy up there, why all these threads all the time?

And actually the PNW is known for the "Seattle Freeze", and it's not just in Seattle. I lived in Portland for a two years and found people to be much less friendly than in LA. It's not that they weren't pleasant(and they're very courteous drivers), they were pleasant, but you were viewed as an outsider. It was kind of a shocker because you would think smaller city, easier to make friends, not so. People were much more distant than I ever found here.

The people I find to be superficial in LA are usually young recent transplants who think they have to act that way, all the natives I know and long term transplants are very down to earth.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:24 AM

4,213 posts, read 8,306,374 times
I don't know if prices will crash, but I think they won't increase exponentially anymore. Also, I don't believe you saw a one bedroom in Burbank for $2200 unless it was some ultra luxury special unit.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:28 AM

[quote=PDF;42819542]Then why do you post here? Why do you visit LA? Why do you keep complaining about how expensive LA is? Are these threads just a smoke screen for you to complain about LA? If you think LA sucks so much, why are you always contemplating moving back to LA? Or why do you listen to your "friends" who want you to come back to LA? Why are you wishing for housing prices in LA to crash?[/QUOTE]

Makes no sense. The OP says his parents own a home in Encino, which he has lived in most of his life.

He is 34, that meant the parents paid maybe $75K(maybe) for a house that would now be worth over a million.

A house that he would most likely inherit. Even if you hate LA, why would you want the prices to crash?

Makes no sense, and usually when it makes no sense it isn't true.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:07 AM

[quote=seain dublin;42819835]
Quote:
Then why do you post here? Why do you visit LA? Why do you keep complaining about how expensive LA is? Are these threads just a smoke screen for you to complain about LA? If you think LA sucks so much, why are you always contemplating moving back to LA? Or why do you listen to your "friends" who want you to come back to LA? Why are you wishing for housing prices in LA to crash?[/QUOTE]

Makes no sense. The OP says his parents own a home in Encino, which he has lived in most of his life.

He is 34, that meant the parents paid maybe $75K(maybe) for a house that would now be worth over a million.

A house that he would most likely inherit. Even if you hate LA, why would you want the prices to crash?

Makes no sense, and usually when it makes no sense it isn't true.
My parents house in Encino is now worth over $2 million.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:13 AM

2,322 posts, read 2,992,528 times
Do you have to live the SFV? Is there no other part of LA you would consider moving to?

Old 01-29-2016, 11:18 AM

[quote=annonymous0381;42820297]
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

Well than you should be thrilled. Nowhere in the country do you see people who own homes who are getting this kind of return on their investment as in CA.

Why you would want to see a crash makes no sense.

Someone who grew up in Encino and went to Cal State Northridge had it pretty good. Maybe that was the problem. If you worked steady and lived at home all those years, you should have earned enough to buy a nice condo in the valley.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:21 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,194,951 times
Quote:

Be patient and some day you'll inherit this house.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:23 AM

[quote=seain dublin;42820446]
Quote:

Well than you should be thrilled. Nowhere in the country do you see people who own homes who are getting this kind of return on their investment as in CA.

Why you would want to see a crash makes no sense.

Someone who grew up in Encino and went to Cal State Northridge had it pretty good. Maybe that was the problem. If you worked steady and lived at home all those years, you should have earned enough to buy a nice condo in the valley.
I grew up very well off. My dad is a doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles