Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 09:37 PM

3 posts, read 3,926 times

Advertisements

Hi, I work from home and simply wish to be an hour drive to Los Angeles, and can afford 275k max. I've looked around online and done my homework but was curious if it was possible to get any type of new construction development (1 bedroom ideally, studio if not possible) which is almost impossible at this price point. The only one I've been able to find is this one (275k) in ontario (about 40 miles east of downtown Los angeles and 1 hour with no traffic lol).

https://www.newhomesource.com/commun...ommunity-93093

The smallest unit is 973 square feet which is more than enough, but I haven't been able to find anything comparable. I realize the areas with this price point will probably be Inland Empire and some part of sgv and sfv which is fine with me, but was wondering if anyone perhaps knew of anything similar near where they are that I might have missed? I realize it's asking a lot for new construction under 300k but since I only wish to be one hour away from Los Angeles it's somewhat surprising there's really nothing available for my limited budget.

Anyhow any leads or advice would be much appreciated. I currently live in covina and there's a few new construction townhouses here and also azusa but they start in the 450-500k range which is surprising, (I would think it would be a bit more affordable) but since I only need a 1 bedroom and less than 1000 sq feet I'm surprised nothing can be found anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 09:45 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,932,559 times
Why buy the one bedroom if its going to be an hour away? Just rent much closer. $275K can last you quite a bit, and probably be put to better use anyways than tied up in a one bedroom an hour away.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:09 PM

Well I only want to be an hour from LA bc I only occasionally go there for fun, friends, entertainment. Since I work from home I simply want a nice new place within my budget and don't care where honestly as long as it's about an hour drive with no traffic to LA, etc.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:41 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,932,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyinLA View Post
Well I only want to be an hour from LA bc I only occasionally go there for fun, friends, entertainment. Since I work from home I simply want a nice new place within my budget and don't care where honestly as long as it's about an hour drive with no traffic to LA, etc.
Maybe it is best to rent though. It is just a one bedroom. Plus you can move closer or anywhere else in a years time if you choose to. Just below 300K is way overpriced for a one bedroom but then again so is all RE in SoCal.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:47 PM

925 posts, read 1,064,835 times
I live in Ontario and I'm within 40 minutes of downtown La. We also have great Metrolink connections which is the way to go. Montclair to LA within one hour even during rush hours. However I'm surprised to find new construction for that low in the Ontario area. Usually have to go far past 1-15 for those prices.

Old 02-22-2017, 04:44 PM

Well that is the lowest new construction in Ontario, it's a 2 level townhouse with just the garage on the bottom and the 970 sq feet on the 2nd floor (1 bedroom). They deliver within 10 months and the community has been available for 2 years now, very nice even Irvine like since it's brand new. Nothing else can be found under 300k (1 bedroom) anywhere nearby unless you go way into moreno valley etc. There's a bunch of condos in my price range in torrance/long beach etc but they aren't new construction (which I like since they usually have higher ceiling heights and standard upgrades etc) so basically that's about all I could find. The new construction 1 bedrooms in alhambra are starting 400k easily and up. Haven't seen any new construction for a 1 bedroom townhouse type setup anywhere else and most new construction townhouses in sgv (el monte, azusa, west covina) etc start at 500s and as mentioned I don't need all that space anyhow.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:07 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,820,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
Maybe it is best to rent though. It is just a one bedroom. Plus you can move closer or anywhere else in a years time if you choose to. Just below 300K is way overpriced for a one bedroom but then again so is all RE in SoCal.
It's not overpriced, it's market value

Old 02-22-2017, 05:12 PM

925 posts, read 1,064,835 times
Quote:
Well that is the lowest new construction in Ontario, it's a 2 level townhouse with just the garage on the bottom and the 970 sq feet on the 2nd floor (1 bedroom). They deliver within 10 months and the community has been available for 2 years now, very nice even Irvine like since it's brand new. Nothing else can be found under 300k (1 bedroom) anywhere nearby unless you go way into moreno valley etc. There's a bunch of condos in my price range in torrance/long beach etc but they aren't new construction (which I like since they usually have higher ceiling heights and standard upgrades etc) so basically that's about all I could find. The new construction 1 bedrooms in alhambra are starting 400k easily and up. Haven't seen any new construction for a 1 bedroom townhouse type setup anywhere else and most new construction townhouses in sgv (el monte, azusa, west covina) etc start at 500s and as mentioned I don't need all that space anyhow.
This is likely in the new Ontario Ranch section. Good buy now as the area is just developing and will eventually include 150,000 people. Probably now is a good time to buy before it gets too far built up.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:51 PM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
I currently live in covina and there's a few new construction townhouses here and also azusa but they start in the 450-500k range which is surprising, (I would think it would be a bit more affordable) but since I only need a 1 bedroom and less than 1000 sq feet I'm surprised nothing can be found anywhere.
Did you read this thread? //www.city-data.com/forum/los-a...5k-budget.html

Old 02-23-2017, 10:57 PM

8 posts, read 11,069 times
hi, we are looking for something similar! have you checked out holiday yet? it looks like a nice community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles