Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 10:20 AM

643 posts, read 507,818 times

Advertisements

I am going to take your advice and not actually move to LA on a low income and just visit instead. I don't want to live there if I'll only be struggling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
*deadpan* Great. No need to spend money on Uber.Actually, ALL people who sleep in their cars are homeless by definition. Nobody sleeps in his car voluntarily.

But the others are right. As much as I want to try to help here, you're (perhaps unwillingly or unwittingly) sabotaging the hell out of this effort...

Old 03-08-2017, 10:26 AM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,443,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventas View Post
I am going to take your advice and not actually move to LA on a low income and just visit instead. I don't want to live there if I'll only be struggling.
Great. Because the idea of moving somewhere to see a friend more than 4 times a year is ridiculous. Unless it's a serious long distance relationship, of course.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:46 AM

I said at least four times a year of course the more the better and I don't think it's ridiculous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Great. Because the idea of moving somewhere to see a friend more than 4 times a year is ridiculous. Unless it's a serious long distance relationship, of course.

Old 03-08-2017, 12:15 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,178,318 times
Quote:

Now, tell us more about this car-living friend of yours and why you like hanging out with him/her so much...
Quote:
I don't think it's ridiculous.
Of course you don't. The rest of the world, on the other hand...

Old 03-08-2017, 02:40 PM

There is nothing to tell really we met online three years ago. I just like spending time with them that's all. I can understand that it's not a good idea to relocate only for friendship. The person doesn't actually live in LA though just living there temporarily. Before anyone say it's dangerous to meet anyone online in person. I get that and have no intention of doing it again with anyone else. I took a risk and thankfully nothing bad happened.
for business.
Quote:

Now, tell us more about this car-living friend of yours and why you like hanging out with him/her so much...Of course you don't. The rest of the world, on the other hand...

Old 03-08-2017, 03:08 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,443,254 times
Quote:
There is nothing to tell really we met online three years ago. I just like spending time with them that's all. I can understand that it's not a good idea to relocate only for friendship. The person doesn't actually live in LA though just living there temporarily. Before anyone say it's dangerous to meet anyone online in person. I get that and have no intention of doing it again with anyone else. I took a risk and thankfully nothing bad happened.
for business.
That sounds even more nuts. Not the meeting someone online part, but the details. If you want to live in LA, fine. But make a plan. Don't let this friend even factor into it.

Old 03-08-2017, 03:29 PM

I never said I ONLY wanted to move to LA because of my friend. Yes that maybe one of the reasons but not the only reason. I don't see why it's nuts? At least I would know someone who lives there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
That sounds even more nuts. Not the meeting someone online part, but the details. If you want to live in LA, fine. But make a plan. Don't let this friend even factor into it.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:06 AM

5,681 posts, read 5,178,318 times
Quote:
Before anyone say it's dangerous to meet anyone online in person. I get that and have no intention of doing it again with anyone else.
Actually, I don't think anyone was saying that. I met my wife online. I've met plenty of other people online. It helps if you're savvy enough not to get into a dangerous situation, sure, but you can just as easily get into a dangerous situation with someone you've met "in real life". I do, however, question the life choices of someone who befriends a dude (let's just go ahead and say it) who lives in his car. Where online did you meet him, anyways?
Quote:
for business.
Eh?
Quote:
At least I would know someone who lives there.
Yeah, I'm not sure that's necessarily a plus in this situation.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:34 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,569,955 times
Quote:
for business.
Tell us more

Old 03-09-2017, 06:43 PM

Im not 100% that the person actually lives in their car I said I think. And this is something that may have happened recently not when I actually met them. Meaning at the time I became friends with the person they weren't in this current situation. Some people go through rough times so that means you shouldn't be friends with that person? I think that's kind of shallow to decide whether or not you want to befriend a person based on where they live? Things happen to people it's life.

I don't decide whether or not I want to be friends with a person based on where they live....

Quote:
Actually, I don't think anyone was saying that. I met my wife online. I've met plenty of other people online. It helps if you're savvy enough not to get into a dangerous situation, sure, but you can just as easily get into a dangerous situation with someone you've met "in real life". I do, however, question the life choices of someone who befriends a dude (let's just go ahead and say it) who lives in his car. Where online did you meet him, anyways?Eh?Yeah, I'm not sure that's necessarily a plus in this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
View detailed profiles of: