Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 05:58 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I understand how frustrating it is, but regarding the wall, has anyone asked them why they don't use anti-graffiti paint? Some of it really works, graffiti washes right off with water.
I know of a large CA city that had a product that graffiti would not stick to. They said they could not use it because the "artists" would carve or chisel their stuff in and that would cost too much to fix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 10:27 PM

810 posts, read 1,342,337 times
According to google, LA's unemployment rate is 4.4% which seems off. There's definitely more visible homeless/borderline derelicts now than last year. I don't think the economy is getting any better, if anything the US in general is getting more third-world.

I've talked to some older people, they all seem to have same consensus, the US was far better off in the 90s.

Old 07-19-2017, 11:14 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,662,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What do you mean by 'squatter'? was he homeless on the streets or illegally occupying someone's home? And while I commend you and your neighbors for reporting it, it doesn't seem like you took the next step of going up the chain of the command and if that doesn't work go to City Council meetings with your neighbors and notify the media in advance that you will all be there. I know it works because I worked in the public sector long enough to have learned what works and what doesn't.
I mean he had a camp set up on a public sidewalk. I'll post pics in this thread after dinner when I'm on my other computer. And I did things the way required -- I filed THREE official complaints (https://www.lacity.org/myla-311/myla...ervice-request). Why the bloody hell is that not enough? I notified the city of a job they needed to do and that should have been the end of it!

Old 07-20-2017, 12:06 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trancedout View Post
According to google, LA's unemployment rate is 4.4% which seems off. There's definitely more visible homeless/borderline derelicts now than last year. I don't think the economy is getting any better, if anything the US in general is getting more third-world.

I've talked to some older people, they all seem to have same consensus, the US was far better off in the 90s.
4.4 percent is U3 not U6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles