Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 05:40 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times

Advertisements

I am glad that Daily News at least is exposing stuff like this .
LA Times never seems to write about the reality going on in the city .

It's a shame people can't feel safe in much of the city now due to homeless troublemakers the city has been tone deaf on this issue and just seems apathetic .
--

VAN NUYS >> Each day as he peddles his bike to work, Robert Cable whirs along the Orange Line bike path - past syringes. Broken glass. Garbage. Homeless encampments. Even human waste.

His commute and recreational rides can grow especially ominous in Van Nuys, he said, where he has seen wobbling drunks and knife fights on the ribbon of asphalt ahead.

"The irony, to me, is we've got a mayor who is all about greenway bike paths," said Cable, from his Trek mountain bike. "And yet they won't do anything to the existing path for cleanliness, lighting, beautification."

Cable suggested the bike path is more pristine in wealthier communities like Sherman Oaks and Studio City.

‘It just doesn’t feel safe’: Residents demand cleanup of Orange Line bike path
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2017, 04:25 PM

4,566 posts, read 5,426,907 times
Dude, in reading through all of the posts you've started complaining about things you hate about Los Angeles, I think you would do good if you were able to channel all of your constant and incessant complaining into something active instead of reactive you'd probably get something done. Maybe you should seek out someone who could help you with this. Its obvious that you love and care deeply about Los Angeles or you would be starting hundreds of threads complaining about what you perceive as negative things that go on here. Run for office. Volunteer your time to help clean up areas in need. Seek out outreach and/or similar organizations who need passionate people like you to be active instead of sitting back and yacking about on online forums about things. Do something!!

Old 07-18-2017, 01:41 AM

4,566 posts, read 5,426,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Its obvious that you love and care deeply about Los Angeles or you would be starting hundreds of threads complaining about what you perceive as negative things that go on here. !
I meant to say that "you would NOT be starting hundreds of threads complaining.....".

No one likes a complainer. How about posting about some of the action/steps you are taking to make L.A. a better place. What have you done? Where do you volunteer? What organizations do you donate $$ too?

Old 07-18-2017, 05:33 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times
Quote:
I meant to say that "you would NOT be starting hundreds of threads complaining.....".

No one likes a complainer. How about posting about some of the action/steps you are taking to make L.A. a better place. What have you done? Where do you volunteer? What organizations do you donate $$ too?
Perhaps you can suggest a place to volunteer or donate money that has a chance of making a difference. And why ask what he's done? For all you know he may be a member of political organizations that are trying to improve L.A. and/or donated money for that purpose -- why does your line of questioning infer that he is/does not? And furthermore, posting articles on this website is a service from which we benefit, is it not? Have you donated money to jm1982 for his time?

Old 07-18-2017, 06:11 AM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,429,591 times
jm1982 for Mayor

Old 07-18-2017, 11:55 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,934,109 times
Quote:
Dude, in reading through all of the posts you've started complaining about things you hate about Los Angeles, I think you would do good if you were able to channel all of your constant and incessant complaining into something active instead of reactive you'd probably get something done. Maybe you should seek out someone who could help you with this. Its obvious that you love and care deeply about Los Angeles or you would be starting hundreds of threads complaining about what you perceive as negative things that go on here. Run for office. Volunteer your time to help clean up areas in need. Seek out outreach and/or similar organizations who need passionate people like you to be active instead of sitting back and yacking about on online forums about things. Do something!!
Yes, by all means JM1982, do not post informative articles that shed light on the conditions of our city. Please repeat after me......

Homeless people are good for L.A.

Mayor Garcetti is doing a wonderful job

Road diets give you more time to check your Facebook while driving 2 MPH

The City Council has our best interests at heart

LAUSD is a marvelous school system producing superior graduates

OK, now please report to your assigned re-education camp and stop being so damned observant.

Old 07-18-2017, 01:28 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Yes, by all means JM1982, do not post informative articles that shed light on the conditions of our city. Please repeat after me......

Homeless people are good for L.A.

Mayor Garcetti is doing a wonderful job

Road diets give you more time to check your Facebook while driving 2 MPH

The City Council has our best interests at heart

LAUSD is a marvelous school system producing superior graduates

OK, now please report to your assigned re-education camp and stop being so damned observant.
Will do Sir !... and I will remember to Thank criminals for their service today just like Dear Mayor has instructed us .
L.A is a "city of second chances " after all !

Old 07-18-2017, 05:18 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,934,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Will do Sir !... and I will remember to Thank criminals for their service today just like Dear Mayor has instructed us .
L.A is a "city of second chances " after all !
If you'd like to join me, I usually deliver my Gift Baskets to the homeless encampments along the Orange line on Saturdays, just as our Dear Mayor suggested. Always a fun time.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:45 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,150,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
jm1982 for Mayor
jm1982 for Governor.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:12 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times
Quote:

Agree, and if you're going to complain than do something about what is bothering you. As you said go volunteer, spend a Saturday cleaning up an area, donate some money,etc.

Just an example, I know someone who does a lot in regards to getting things like trash, old couches, etc that get dumped as well as getting graffitti removed. This person takes action and gets results, I was with them when a woman was COMPLAINING about a homeless encampment in Echo Park. This wasn't her first time complaining about to whoever will listen. He said to her "take some pictures and email me and I will see what I can do", she never did it. I just asked him did she ever get back to you, of course not, in fact he said at the time "she won't take the pictures".

Some people just like to complain and aren't happy unless they have something to complain about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles