Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2020, 03:30 PM

11 posts, read 10,633 times

Advertisements

Gotta say....

Some of these responses have me second-guessing my decision to relocate. I've never met a group of individuals that make assumptions about somebody's wife simply because the person has an aversion to living in certain geographical areas based on personal experience and first-hand accounts from family members. Sheesh.

Talk about a bunch of complete and utter arseholes!!!

I pray the my new co-workers and neighbors aren't as judgmental and malicious as these jerkoffs. They must have a need to compensate for their own shortcomings. Maybe they suffer from low self-esteem and are looking for internet validation by bringing down somebody's spouse without knowing all of the facts.

Whatever.

Those of you that made recommendations....thank you. Much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2020, 07:40 PM

175 posts, read 183,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gables Transplant View Post
Gotta say....

Some of these responses have me second-guessing my decision to relocate. I've never met a group of individuals that make assumptions about somebody's wife simply because the person has an aversion to living in certain geographical areas based on personal experience and first-hand accounts from family members. Sheesh.

I pray the my new co-workers and neighbors aren't as judgmental and malicious as these jerkoffs. They must have a need to compensate for their own shortcomings. Maybe they suffer from low self-esteem and are looking for internet validation by bringing down somebody's spouse without knowing all of the facts.

Whatever.

You're far better off in FL. Trust me. LA is an absolute cesspool 3rd world $hit-hole which is the result of $hitty left-wing policies.

If you want to drive through ****ty streets, look at disgusting and atrocious crap buildings and witness hobos camp, take dumps on the streets and shoot up drugs while the police do nothing, this is your place!

The only place you might get away from not seeing this abomination is Beverly Hills because the officials there do their job.

FL is cleaner, cheaper, the weather is better for you (yes, better - humidity is better for the human body than desert weather), buildings are nicer and more modern, women look better and are more down to earth, streets are wider and more decent.

The only thing that is stopping me from getting the hell out of here is the amazing job I have but will be moving eventually.

Old 01-18-2020, 11:50 AM

112 posts, read 130,388 times
Quote:
Gotta say....

Whatever.

I don't think anyone on CD is representative of the people you'll meet in LA. I don't have any recommendations other than Glendale might be a great fit for work and living. LA traffic is no joke. Good luck on your move!

Old 01-20-2020, 08:14 AM

216 posts, read 128,136 times
Quote:
Gotta say....

Whatever.

Yeah better change your entire life plan and family decisions because of people's posts on an anonymous message board. ROFL. What a joke. Nobody here cares if you move to LA or not. There are thousands like you coming every day.

Old 01-20-2020, 10:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC4life View Post
What? You won't give a budget amount, your wife (who isn't working) doesn't want to live in the SFV or SGV and yet you are accepting a job in Glendale? Tell your wife to suck it up and get with the program.
it sounds like the OP isn't really sure what he is even doing? Glendale is the starting of the SGV and most of the decent areas that meet his needs are going to be: 1-too far from work or 2-very pricey and I have to wonder why wife won't consider places like Pasadena, etc. It is a town that seems to have almost all they are looking for.

Old 01-20-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commonproject View Post
Nobody likes the valley. Why are you attacking the wife
I a not sure this is true: the valley is pretty heavily populated for a place no one likes and I don't think it was as much an attack as it was reality. With the op working in Glendale, the most natural place to consider home would be Glendale, the SFV or maybe the east part of Los Angeles county. His wife not wanting either valley is really limiting their choices.

Old 01-24-2020, 12:44 AM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC4life View Post
Yeah better change your entire life plan and family decisions because of people's posts on an anonymous message board. ROFL. What a joke. Nobody here cares if you move to LA or not. There are thousands like you coming every day.

LA isn't for everybody but it's the largest city in the nation and has its share of problems. I guess texas dude has never seen the pot holes and poverty in Houston. The humidity is so bad one starts to drip sweat as soon as the AC is turned off. Cannot go outside 8 months a year. Ever seen the poverty of 5th ward or 3rd ward? Makes the the San Fernando Valley look like paradise. Red states really keep their people down. That's why they all try to move to California.

Some coastal areas in Florida are nice but I would not want to live inland. Too hot and humid.

Old 01-25-2020, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post

LA isn't for everybody but it's the largest city in the nation and has its share of problems. I guess texas dude has never seen the pot holes and poverty in Houston. The humidity is so bad one starts to drip sweat as soon as the AC is turned off. Cannot go outside 8 months a year. Ever seen the poverty of 5th ward or 3rd ward? Makes the the San Fernando Valley look like paradise. Red states really keep their people down. That's why they all try to move to California.

Some coastal areas in Florida are nice but I would not want to live inland. Too hot and humid.
What a strange conclusion about Fl and about the red states period. There are millions of people in blue states moving out to red states and states have a way of flipping quickly: it wasn't too many decades ago when Ca was red and not too many years ago that AR was blue.
As for Florida and not going outside 8 months our of 12: get real: hot and humid? yes, stuck inside 8 months a year not hardly. How much time have you spent in Florida? I doubt much.

Old 01-25-2020, 09:00 PM

3,393 posts, read 5,280,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What a strange conclusion about Fl and about the red states period. There are millions of people in blue states moving out to red states and states have a way of flipping quickly: it wasn't too many decades ago when Ca was red and not too many years ago that AR was blue.
As for Florida and not going outside 8 months our of 12: get real: hot and humid? yes, stuck inside 8 months a year not hardly. How much time have you spent in Florida? I doubt much.

Learn to read. I was talking about HOUSTON!
If humidity is your thing, then you are an exception. To me it is hell and red states are miserable and their citizens have to look to California for jobs, support, and stay current.

Old 01-29-2020, 06:21 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBound19 View Post
You're far better off in FL. Trust me. LA is an absolute cesspool 3rd world $hit-hole which is the result of $hitty left-wing policies.

If you want to drive through ****ty streets, look at disgusting and atrocious crap buildings and witness hobos camp, take dumps on the streets and shoot up drugs while the police do nothing, this is your place!

The only place you might get away from not seeing this abomination is Beverly Hills because the officials there do their job.

FL is cleaner, cheaper, the weather is better for you (yes, better - humidity is better for the human body than desert weather), buildings are nicer and more modern, women look better and are more down to earth, streets are wider and more decent.

The only thing that is stopping me from getting the hell out of here is the amazing job I have but will be moving eventually.
FL has rotten produce by the time it arrives there from California. Publix is as hyped as H-E-B but features astronomically high prices for everything in the peninsula stores. (At least it's still fresh when it arrives in TX. Kroger is way more affordable than Publix will ever be!)

Texas/Florida summers are very draining compared to the Mediterranean climate of the L.A. area and the rest of Coastal California. There's always a cool breeze during the day at the beaches and the cool air eventually makes it in the valleys at night. Mediterranean weather beats dry inland desert/wet coastal humid heat any day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay100 View Post
Learn to read. I was talking about HOUSTON!
If humidity is your thing, then you are an exception. To me it is hell and red states are miserable and their citizens have to look to California for jobs, support, and stay current.
The only thing different about Houston is the international, cosmopolitan nature of the people similar to L.A. The rest of Texas and the South is too bland Middle American and conservative to even tolerate diversity. The I-35 corridor (San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas) would be hell to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles