Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2020, 04:52 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Channel 7 just ran a story about an imposter posing as National Guard. I just caught the tail end of it.
Was looker out there again?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 05:13 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
That would be a great comeback if you had said, "President Trump can't declare ANTIFA a domestic terrorist organization", but what you said was "You can't declare any local group in US as terrorist organization. That would violate the 1st amendment."

There are all kinds or organizations classified as domestic terrorist organizations. They are not the same designation as foreign terrorist organizations, but do read 18 U.S. Code § 2331 5 (A)(B) and (C). Domestic terrorists are prosecuted under the criminal code statute they violate. They are also subject to RICO statutes.
Exactly. There was the Weather Underground. Let's see how many we can list. Anyone else want to try? What was the one, that kidnapped Patty Hearst?

In case anyone needs clarification, the First Amendment does not protect rock throwing, Molotov-Cocktail-hurling, smashing windows, or looting. There's a difference, you see, between crime and free speech.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:10 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,302,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Exactly. There was the Weather Underground. Let's see how many we can list. Anyone else want to try? What was the one, that kidnapped Patty Hearst?
Ha ha, the Symbionese Liberation Army. I'll never forget that. I was in high school and we were heading to a swim meet and we kept hearing about this big shootout going on.

Old 06-02-2020, 07:18 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
As I left for work this morning there was one reporter showing a National Guard squad relieving police on a static guard duty downtown. As the truck with the rest of the platoon drove off to the next location. It seemed to be a similar mission as the Federal Police Officer in Oakland who was assassinated while guarding a courthouse.

In 1992 the Guardsmen pretty much did the same thing but were also standing guard on stores that the looting train had already bypassed as they headed north towards Koreatown. If anyone is expecting a machinegunner in an armored personnel carrier patrolling using the .50 cal on snipers like during the Watts and other 1960's riots, well it is not going to happen because of Kent State and the lessons learned. And so far the ANTIFA types have only used firecrackers in attempt to cause a Kent State replay but the police across the nation have been to disciplined to fall for that trick.
Oh I remember. I saw a tank go down Santa Monica Blvd close to where the old Sears building is. But if you they didn't come as quickly. We had 4 or 5 days of complete chaos. This city was out of control.

As bad as this is, 92 was much worse, at least for time being. I was at USC at the time we had the National Guard for about 2 weeks after things calmed down.

Sorry, Americans in general never learn their lesson. More so now than ever before.The ones who run LA now, didn't really learn one thing from 92... We had a great Mayor Bradley, and Daryl Gates as Police Chief who wasn't too great. He left Parker Center to attend a fundraiser, despite several ople saying to him(and who were under him) to take action....well you know the rest.

Here we are now for a 3rd time and our current Police Chief was on TV on Saturday night sternly telling LA residents there is a curfew as of 8pm, you need to be off the street inside or you will be arrested.,,OK, get it, no problem with a curfew. They still hadn't gotten a handle on the chaos in the Fairfax district, LAPD had gotten it quieted down in DTLA and the ones causing out of downtown.

We have a lot of great people in this city, one of the many things I love about this city is that you meet people from all over and you go from one area to another and feel like your someplace else.

So now here it is around 11:30pm on Saturday night and Channel 11 is the only local station still on the a rie with news, cars are pulling up and people are looting, no cops in sight. Both reporters(and these two aced like real reporters) asked these people what they were doing, and the only thing they said was "don't film my license plate"...LOL.. show how much dumber Americans are now than in 92. Of course their plates were filmed.? but again where was the LAPD? It's not like 92 at this point., The Fairfax district was the owere the trouble was.. The female reporter said 'They're running red lkland stop signs, speeding"

I never thought I would see someone who was worse than Daryl Gates(see what I mean about never____
this moron tired to close LA gun stores as being non-essential. Well one that isn't your decision and if you ceven protect one section of our city...you just proved you can't protect the citizens who he is paid to do so, in 92 as know it was more widespread.

Gee he agrees the George Floyd was murdered, well anyone who has a half a brain knows it was murder, he was just on TV showing his Facebook likes....is he kidding? You do that MAYBE after you do an amazing job handling the duties your very well to do.

I am glad to see protesters go to Hancock Park. Eric for the first time looked really concerned.

No reason considering it was only 28 year ago and anyone who lived here as you know even if they're up there age wise and note in detail their experiences of April 1992.

Last edited by seain dublin; 06-02-2020 at 07:37 PM..

Old 06-02-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
No, that is not correct. I don't necessarily admire or dislike Soros. My issue is you are peddling conspiracy theories about Soros. I have no tolerance for crackpot conspiracy theories.

FYI, Ohio Peasant is a GUY. This is a forum of ideas. I didn't know he was an immigrant but I am generally pro-immigration anyway so I have no idea how that is relevant.

I do have low tolerance for sloppy posts. Try proofreading your posts more and getting your facts straight. I have no beef with Ohio_Peasant even though we rarely (if ever) agree. I actually complimented him the other day on a humorous post he made.

No, I don't hold a grudge against you. I just think you are dead wrong on the above issues...this is a forum of ideas. That is how it works....don't lose any sleep over it.
Well thank you for responding.

Thank you as well for proving my point as to why the US is in the state it is in, and this was before the economy tanked and now from coast to coast we are seeing civil unrest like never before.

The bolded part. You have no tolerance...thanks for saying that.

Those on the extreme left and the extreme right think exactly the same way you do. It used to be in America "I may not agree with what you say., but I defend your right to say it"

America today is a hateful, divided nation that lacks humor and civility. Now there are many wonderful people here, good kind people who come in all colors. But not enough of them I'm afraid to say save it.

But the ones who now not only if you don't agree with you not only want to not only want your voice silenced. They wish you and your loved ones death. You see it doesn't mean that if you do not like Newsom and approve of his performane you love Trump,and vise versa.

The 2016 election but even before that was already showing how bad it was here, seeing how those who were so extreme in theirs, no one else should be allowed to speak. I remember thinking if this is how they act over this, how it will be in a real crisis, guess we know now.

I commented that the ones who were causing the most trouble, maybe because I saw live on TV on Saturday night the ones who were throwing the rocks, bottles., and some type of explosives at the Beverly Hill PD where WHITE and in their 20s. Only saw one black guy who was also was young.

I brought this up on here and told a few people in real life who just saw the footage of the looters stealing clothes and such. One who I know is pretty racist who when on the phone started in about the blacks in South Central, at least he listened and now is more informed of the facts. See if there were more of that and less of what you said. We would all be better off

It is fact not conjecture that paid agitators due take part in what would have been a peaceful protest and turn it into a riot on purpose.

No, I can't say for sure if it was Soros, but someone is funding this,. would you have felt better I said Trump did it? The point is it does and has happened.

So Ohio Peasant is guy, our city once again is now repeating a very dark time period and so and this is what you have to say...seriously?

I know a lot has changed in America in the last few months but I still don't think we're Germany in the 30s or Cuba.

I expressed concern on the thread Sandy Co started in early April of concerns of civil unrest due to people getting frustrated,job loss,can't get EDD, etc. "oh that won't happen again". "you do not understand that was about".I see only black people riot and riots are only about race..Stonewall in 69 and riots at the DNC in 68 were about race. Now I was 3 years old when that happenaned. But I know about it.

I am saddened, upset. and a little anxiety who isn't; these days. But not surprised in the least.

You resort to name calling, but I am not going to report it. But please take a good look around at this city and your country and what it is now. This is now the end result of uears of the people with the kind of mentality you have shown in this post.

Last edited by seain dublin; 06-02-2020 at 08:54 PM..

Old 06-02-2020, 10:20 PM

51 posts, read 31,684 times
I can’t wait for the arrests of Antifa savages.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:40 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,741,053 times
It hurts me to write this but we are a bunch of stinking wimps.

How come a business owner with several hundred thousands dollar worth of merchandise can't assemble some friends and employees with a rifle, shotgun, whatever you got, and ask them to spend the nights there, and the days, on patrol, taking turns, the owner and family included. I'd be happy to volunteer, but up here in Paradise the only disturbance we get is the dog next door at 7 AM.

Same thing with the death of Mr. Floyd. All the bystanders recording everything, but not a single one had the guts to push aside the leg of the killer. Sure, he'd be arrested, but explaining to the judge that saving a life matters can't be that hard if you speak English.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:43 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
I'm glad I don't need any medicine or first aid supplies, since all the stores around me that sell those things are closed indefinitely.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:49 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Another thing is that I don't like all this kneeling stuff lately. I only kneel for Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Savior. To kneel before another person is subservient, and we decided as a nation to reject that behavior in 1776.

Old 06-03-2020, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
It hurts me to write this but we are a bunch of stinking wimps.

How come a business owner with several hundred thousands dollar worth of merchandise can't assemble some friends and employees with a rifle, shotgun, whatever you got, and ask them to spend the nights there, and the days, on patrol, taking turns, the owner and family included. I'd be happy to volunteer, but up here in Paradise the only disturbance we get is the dog next door at 7 AM.

Same thing with the death of Mr. Floyd. All the bystanders recording everything, but not a single one had the guts to push aside the leg of the killer. Sure, he'd be arrested, but explaining to the judge that saving a life matters can't be that hard if you speak English.

Well I can tell you in 1992 you did see that here. The Koreans got a lot of coverage for having guns and rifles and shooting the off, there was flack but their stores didn't; burn. There were other ones as well. at the time I has an apt. near Hollywood Blvd and Laurel Canyon. Store owners sat outside with guns as LAPD lost control of the situation, you can probably find some of this on You Tube. The said they can't rely on the police. The Church of Scientology( I am no fan) but I will give them credit had baseball bats and guns and said the same thing the others said.

America has become a very narcissistic "all about me" nation. Not everyone but enough, there was more civility back in 1992 than now. I have been saying the same for the last few years that you just did, they stand around and film it but won't speak up, oh they were too scared...BS. If you are that scared than you leave the area. Now I do believe some people did speak up, I haven't seen the video and don't need to, have seen it many times before.

Some cops today have an attitude and view all of us as the enemy. Seem to forget we pay their salary and they work for us. I know they deal with dregs of the earth, and see things we lay people don't. And there are some very good officers, but there has been a shift. I posted on here awhile back I was in a store and LAPD officer came in no mask, so that says "do as say not as I do" what kind of message does that send? Add in how divided this country is now from the extreme left and extreme right, who are beyond hateful they wish harm and death to others. The lack of leadership we have today in 2020;
In 92 the LA Mayor was Tom Bradley, a great mayor and a class act. In 2020 can't even compare.

In 20e had one hot spot here on Saturday night ONE, the Fairfax district and an 8pm curfew, yet it was burned and and looted twice, where is the LAPD the reporters asked....not one car in sight.
This same PC tried to close down LA gun stores as being nonessential. Really?Not only was that not his decision to make, he has just he isn't capable and should step down now. Go on You Tube and feel the love...LOL

I see you're in Paradise,.you people went through a lot. I hope for all you that things have gotten much better for you.

Last edited by seain dublin; 06-03-2020 at 12:44 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles