Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2020, 12:03 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I’m not saying there are no deaths. The argument that there are deaths in other countries doesn’t really apply.

The US has the most cases in the world. As you said, fraud is a part of life. It is highly probable that some deaths were said to be COVID to get the extra Medicare bump.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think there’s some vast conspiracy to bump up the numbers to defeat Trump in November. However, based on past experience, I’m sure some of the numbers are wrong.
Sure there are inaccuracies and fraud. Of course. But clearly the poster I responded to initially is speculating exactly the conspiracy you agree isn’t happening.

Old 07-04-2020, 12:04 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,279,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Sure there are inaccuracies and fraud. Of course. But clearly the poster I responded to initially is speculating exactly the conspiracy you agree isn’t happening.
Point taken.

Old 07-04-2020, 12:13 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
I'm trying to think outside the box:
if many party-goers are young and/or underemployed and almost all fairly healthy, then the county could target them for hiring to do deliveries and other important work that doesn't pay well and would keep them masked, tested regularly, and too busy to gather privately with much frequency.

If the government moves to punishment mode, create community service for reckless endangerment party situations that involves delivery of essential items. Other punishments could range from house arrest with work and essential-trips exceptions to mandatory, regular COVID-19 testing that must be paid out of pocket. Hosts who have been caught get large notices placed on the exterior of their property about what they did and warning potential guests about consequences.

Last edited by goodheathen; 07-04-2020 at 01:03 PM..

Old 07-04-2020, 01:34 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I'm trying to think outside the box:
if many party-goers are young and/or underemployed and almost all fairly healthy, then the county could target them for hiring to do deliveries and other important work that doesn't pay well and would keep them masked, tested regularly, and too busy to gather privately with much frequency.
That's what I see every day. The people delivering packages mostly look under 30, with an occasional person 30-35.

Old 07-04-2020, 01:50 PM

A regular in my neighborhood is older than that, but yeah. I mean for things like delivery from restaurants and grocery stores. It's still slow and/or expensive to get that. The government needs to do more and might as well kill two birds with one stone.

Old 07-04-2020, 02:15 PM

13,656 posts, read 9,717,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
A regular in my neighborhood is older than that, but yeah. I mean for things like delivery from restaurants and grocery stores. It's still slow and/or expensive to get that. The government needs to do more and might as well kill two birds with one stone.
You're being too sheepish and reserved. You should instead propose reeducation camps, for the offenders. Inmates could redeem themselves through productive labor, such as plucking chickens, processing meat, perhaps operating machines that make toilet paper or hand-sanitizer. They'd be removed from the greater community, thus minimizing communal risk. They'd be gainfully employed. And they'd benefit from the salubrious influence of honest (if humble) work.

Of course, for this to succeed, we need watchful patriots like you, vigorously noting transgressors, and pointing them out to the local functionaries. Indifference is nearly tantamount to complicity, is it not?

Old 07-04-2020, 02:39 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,285,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think there’s some vast conspiracy to bump up the numbers to defeat Trump in November. However, based on past experience, I’m sure some of the numbers are wrong.
If anything, the numbers are being under-reported. Florida and Texas are not reporting hospitalization data, so we have no idea how many additional critically ill patients there have been since the most recent spike.

In addition, many articles are showing that the number of deaths attributable to COVID-19 have been significantly under-reported here in the US: https://www.news-medical.net/news/20...lobalData.aspx

Old 07-04-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
You're being too sheepish and reserved. You should instead propose reeducation camps, for the offenders. Inmates could redeem themselves through productive labor, such as plucking chickens, processing meat, perhaps operating machines that make toilet paper or hand-sanitizer. They'd be removed from the greater community, thus minimizing communal risk. They'd be gainfully employed. And they'd benefit from the salubrious influence of honest (if humble) work.

Of course, for this to succeed, we need watchful patriots like you, vigorously noting transgressors, and pointing them out to the local functionaries. Indifference is nearly tantamount to complicity, is it not?
Yes, to the bolded, not going to pick apart your sarcasm. You're the high-IQ person on this site who has said you yourself would be willing to die in a reopened America. Therefore, you aren't interested in palatable solutions.

Old 07-04-2020, 10:25 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times
We had successful party today with 38 guest(including kids) and no one called police on us. Neighbor across from me had a party as well and also no one called the police on them either.

Old 07-04-2020, 10:51 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
We had successful party today with 38 guest(including kids) and no one called police on us. Neighbor across from me had a party as well and also no one called the police on them either.
Yeah...okay...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles