Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2020, 07:18 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
That will never happen. My advice is to stay home, lock the door and maybe even put blanket over your head. You are safe at home so you have no worry about catching this virus. I am giving that advice to anyone and everyone that is afraid of this virus.
And why should anyone listen to your advice about anything? Real question. Your expertise and credentials are .......?

Old 07-17-2020, 07:23 PM

4,169 posts, read 2,143,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
And why should anyone listen to your advice about anything? Real question. Your expertise and credentials are .......?

Home usually consider to be a place that most people feel safe. If anyone feel that this virus is harmful to them, out of control etc than logically staying home is best place to be. I am not a doctor, do not have degree in biology or any science degree . No i have no credentials/expertise that would make an expert being i am not.

Old 07-17-2020, 07:55 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
It's mostly stupid people who have no fear of the virus. A major dose of it take can do serious harm to almost any adult. There are millions of people in this state who can get sick from less.

Old 07-17-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
It's mostly stupid people who have no fear of the virus. A major dose of it take can do serious harm to almost any adult. There are millions of people in this state who can get sick from less.

State of California had 7600 death out of 39.51 million people. We only had officially 374k cases that we know off. Anyone that got very mild cases probably are not getting tested, so the number of infected is probably much higher. The reality is there way too much talk about how dangerous this virus is compare to reality .

Old 07-17-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
State of California had 7600 death out of 39.51 million people. We only had officially 374k cases that we know off. Anyone that got very mild cases probably are not getting tested, so the number of infected is probably much higher. The reality is there way too much talk about how dangerous this virus is compare to reality .
Wrong, comrade. When normal people spend a long time nearby infectious individuals and don't take precautions, they can get plenty sick. The preview of that was the failed reopening of bars and indoor dining. Much of the population hasn't been doing their usual amount/type of socializing since early spring and therefore has kept safe, but because some of you haven't changed, the virus is lurking and ready to do damage in unguarded circumstances. More people are at risk now, because the virus wasn't widespread in LA when the government first stepped in.

Last edited by goodheathen; 07-17-2020 at 09:11 PM..

Old 07-17-2020, 08:55 PM

629 posts, read 619,932 times
Man, I’ve been working a lot the last few days and completely forgot about this thread. Thankfully it’s still going strong.

And literally not a single new thought, concept, or insult has occurred in any of the 5 pages of posts since I last opened it, so I’ve literally missed nothing.

Please never let this die.

Old 07-17-2020, 09:58 PM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
Home usually consider to be a place that most people feel safe. If anyone feel that this virus is harmful to them, out of control etc than logically staying home is best place to be. I am not a doctor, do not have degree in biology or any science degree . No i have no credentials/expertise that would make an expert being i am not.
Ok. Thanks for clarifying there is no reason for anyone to heed your advisories.

Old 07-17-2020, 10:08 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...?ocid=msedgdhp

Recurring curfews probably would work better than stay-at-home, if much partying is inter-neighborhood. I think California will see how that works in Florida.

Old 07-17-2020, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...?ocid=msedgdhp

Recurring curfews probably would work better than stay-at-home, if much partying is inter-neighborhood. I think California will see how that works in Florida.
I suspect lawsuit against curfew will happen soon. Will see what the court say.

Old 07-18-2020, 12:36 AM

Quote:
I suspect lawsuit against curfew will happen soon. Will see what the court say.
The courts will permit curfew, because parts of Florida are in dire straits. It would be tougher for Los Angeles to do it without legal risks, because it's barely a crisis here. (A small, local city with a major problem could safely try it.) If the method works in Florida, it would be easier to justify. I prefer it over more closures because it doesn't hurt businesses as much and potentially more easily identifies partiers and then breaks many of them of the habit. I still favor my more precise methods, however, because they let most people live their lives except for socializing with a bunch of individuals they don't reside with. But curfew or a stay-at-home order might be needed first as an emergency brake on virus spread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles