Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2021, 08:20 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyfinestbxtf View Post
I’m not sure how many different ways it can be said, the vaccine doesn’t prevent infection and doesn’t prevent spread.
I'm not sure how you can keep saying that over and over again, when data shows that it isn't true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2021, 09:24 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,310,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I'm not sure how you can keep saying that over and over again, when data shows that it isn't true.
The vaccines prevented actual infection when they were first given EUA and they still do today, although not quite as effectively with the delta variant.

His assertion that they do not prevent infections goes beyond being false. He has been presented with contrary proof. His continual assertion that they don't prevent infections is simple misrepresentation. Its a lie. Really, what we are seeing here from a retired police officer, a man who swore at one point to uphold law and order is despicable. Sadly, he is not alone. I personally think what drives many of these people is different than what we think. Deep down, they know that vaccination is right Its simply that they associate vaccination with "liberals", Dr. Fauci, and President Biden (many of whom do not acknowledge him as President). Their hatred of all three groups is enough to convince about 25% of this country that they shouldn't be vaccinated even if it safe and effective.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...t%20COVID%2D19.

Quote:
The Possibility of COVID-19 after Vaccination: Breakthrough Infections
Updated Sept. 7, 2021
Print
The bottom line: COVID-19 vaccines protect people against severe illness, including disease caused by Delta and other variants circulating in the U.S.
COVID-19 vaccines protect people from getting infected and severely ill, and significantly reduce the likelihood of hospitalization and death.
Getting vaccinated is the best way to slow the spread of COVID-19 and to prevent infection by Delta or other variants.
A vaccine breakthrough infection happens when a fully vaccinated person gets infected with COVID-19. People with vaccine breakthrough infections may spread COVID-19 to others.
Even if you are fully vaccinated, if you live in an area with substantial or high transmission of COVID-19, you – as well as your family and community – will be better protected if you wear a mask when you are in indoor public places.
People who are immunocompromised may not always build adequate levels of protection after an initial 2-dose primary mRNA COVID-19 vaccine series. They should continue to take all precautions recommended for unvaccinated people, until advised otherwise by their healthcare professional. Further, CDC recommends that moderately to severely immunocompromised people receive an additional dose of vaccine.
COVID-19 vaccines are effective at preventing infection, serious illness, and death. Most people who get COVID-19 are unvaccinated. However, since vaccines are not 100% effective at preventing infection, some people who are fully vaccinated will still get COVID-19. An infection of a fully vaccinated person is referred to as a “vaccine breakthrough infection.”

What We Know about Vaccine Breakthrough Infections
Vaccine breakthrough infections are expected. COVID-19 vaccines are effective at preventing most infections. However, like other vaccines, they are not 100% effective.

Last edited by markg91359; 09-26-2021 at 09:38 AM..

Old 09-26-2021, 10:26 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
No, there is no reason we have to live in a perpetual pandemic. I see incorrect all-or-nothing thinking about that, the vaccine, etc. COVID-19 can be confined to occasional local outbreaks. In some areas, it seems to already be that way, mostly because of vaccines (and this is the mediocre, beta generation thereof). It's just a matter of running over or around the unholy, somewhat related alliance of stupid people, paranoid people, hyper-individualists, and cultists.

Last edited by goodheathen; 09-26-2021 at 10:42 AM..

Old 09-26-2021, 10:44 AM

21,741 posts, read 16,356,570 times
Quote:
… the vaccine doesn’t prevent infection …
I don’t know how many times it needs to be said: ^^^ is bs. It doesn’t prevent infection in all persons … but it most definitely is proven to prevent infection in most.
Quote:

What is most important is that Covid isn’t going to go away. It’s with us forever just as the flu is. Covid is something we will have to learn to live with…
^^^ Seems likely, yes. That said, perhaps one of the ways to deal with it is to control its spread as much as possible just as we have with a number of other persistent diseases. I’m not really sure yet at this point whether that case (for mandating vaccines) has been made. Learning about this is certain to be a longer process for the experts in the field than where we are now. Mandating now might well be a prudent short-term approach. Mandating perpetually? Dunno. And neither do any others posting here. Yet.
Quote:
… Life is risk assessment and it is up to each individual to decide what amount of risk they are willing to take. .. It’s time to live normally.
Life definitely is risk assessment. Yep. And many risks are appropriately an individual’s decision to manage.

And many risks affect so many others in so many ways that individual decision making is irresponsible.

Old 09-26-2021, 10:59 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
I've called 911 once. If I were in danger and needed police or fire, it wouldn't be a concern. However, if I thought I might be having a heart attack, for example, I might Google or seek a ride instead of summoning people who might be infected. I think elderly or vulnerable people would react similarly. It's already widespread in areas like this for people to not have unvaccinated guests. The more LAPD fights this, the more public awareness there is and the more hesitance by the public.
Statements like this show how brainwashed people are.

If you thought you were dying from the leading cause of death in CA (heart disease), you wouldn't call a professional for help because they might not be vaccinated?

Old 09-26-2021, 11:50 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Statements like this show how brainwashed people are.

If you thought you were dying from the leading cause of death in CA (heart disease), you wouldn't call a professional for help because they might not be vaccinated?
1) In my region, I'm almost sure COVID-19 was the leading cause of death last year.
2) Heart attacks are notoriously difficult to self-diagnose. Not having had one myself, I'd not be sure if I were having one and would be tempted to look, or call, for info and not rush to the ER.

Old 09-26-2021, 12:07 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,601,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
1) In my region, I'm almost sure COVID-19 was the leading cause of death last year.
2) Heart attacks are notoriously difficult to self-diagnose. Not having had one myself, I'd not be sure if I were having one and would be tempted to look, or call, for info and not rush to the ER.
Reread your statement …. “Notoriously hard fo self diagnose” …; “call for info” so you can self diagnose? This makes no sense.

Old 09-26-2021, 12:08 PM

2,378 posts, read 1,315,787 times
Quote:
I’m not sure what data you’re looking at, but the data shows vaccination doesn’t prevent infection or the spread of Covid. This is an irrefutable fact. Please explain how my wife and I both contracted Covid if the covid shot prevents infection and spread?

Old 09-26-2021, 12:09 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
You might want to rethink that after your friend 2sleepy and her husband both vaxxed got Covid and my friend who got vaxxed last April just came down with full blown covid.

Delta is stronger then the vax. It’s soon coming out that everyone will get Covid the vax helps lessen the symptoms. That’s the reason you should get the vax but it shouldn’t be mandated. Denmark and Norway have seen the light and dropped everything

Old 09-26-2021, 01:00 PM

4,433 posts, read 2,454,727 times
From the Firefighters4Freedom lawsuit, claimants state: A preponderance of evidence shows an increased “viral load” after vaccination, which tends to actually increase the spread of Covid-19 by vaccinated people. A recent study found vaccinated individuals carry 251 times the load of covid-19 viruses in their nostrils compared to the unvaccinated.

No reference to the study though.

Does anyone have a link for LAPD's suit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles