Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2021, 11:42 PM

113 posts, read 54,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche strongly disagrees. He has been stating since March that mass vaccination during a pandemic will lead to catastrophic results.

Two days ago he restated his recommendations for mitigating the pandemic.

https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/p...rds-sars-cov-2

"Stop mass vaccination (to stop erosion of strong innate immunity in young and healthy people and hence, erosion of herd immunity!)"

"all healthy people should do whatever they can to get their innate immunity boosted instead of getting the shot"

"Bring down the high infectious pressure (look how the infection rate baseline in countries with aggressive mass vaccination programs is now much higher than back one year or even 6 months ago) via antiviral chemoprophylaxis and prevention of overcrowding.
"

On Sept 9 Vanden Bossche published a 19 page paper on why the current vaccination strategies are wrong.

https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/post/the-last-post

"Conclusively, mass vaccination campaigns during a pandemic of highly infectious variants fail to control viral transmission. Instead of contributing to building HI, they dramatically delay natural establishment of HI (Vanden Bossche, August 2021). This is why the ongoing universal vaccination campaigns are absolutely detrimental to public and global health."

He started warning the world in March. Using Van Bossche's info the Delta variant and the resurgence in of Covid in Israel was very predictable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shg0VWkz0VM

Why do we always have to learn things the hard way? - A summary, key lessons and conclusions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3xq4cEHT0s&t=8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANDc...kwithDr.Wilson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2021, 12:14 AM

13,646 posts, read 9,704,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I advocate that all persons who refuse to be vaccinated--and don't have a medical reason for doing so--should be barred from emergency care or hospitalization for covid.
Though normally on the opposite side from you on the whole 'rona debate, as regards the above, I fully agree. Vaccination should be a choice, but choices have consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp86 View Post
...I don't have a view to let unvaccinated die but at the same time ppl who reject science after almost 1 yr since vaccines were given to public and with the mRNA tech 2 decades old suddenly want science to help them after catching covid is extreme high hypocrisy.
Another full agreement here! If we're to suspect the vaccine as being some nefarious and abusive scheme, on what grounds, do we not also suspect quotidian medical intervention, not to mention hospitalization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I was never really "locked down", that's what I don't get about statements like yours. Were you ever locked in your house? We went out, went for drives, shopped, went for walks etc. Bars and gyms were closed but we don't go to bars and we have home gym equipment.
Universities were closed, defaulting to "remote learning", which is to say, to the watching of television with bad actors. That to me is lockdown. And as for bars and gyms, well, I applaud you for your self-reliance, but for some of us, bars and gyms are basic staples of social interaction and of personal lifestyle.

The gym of which I was - WAS - a member, had a brief window of opening, this summer... masks were very briefly not required. Once the mask mandate was reimposed, I quit my membership, joining the ranks of the self-actualized stalwarts who have their own equipment. It was costly, but ultimately worth it. So on that regard, adaptation was possible. But as for the students who missed a year and a half of school... my sincere sympathy.

Old 10-03-2021, 01:29 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,877,478 times
Yeah, yeah, a spate of posts about the pandemic and not the police.

I saw someone's post in another thread suggesting police in the area who want to work good security jobs on the side probably need to be vaccinated to be eligible. Just another thing for them to consider if prepared to quit over mandates, private security being easy to switch to per job skills. Many job applications these days probably ask vaccination status and wrong answers result in disqualification.

Old 10-03-2021, 01:47 AM

3,244 posts, read 6,296,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcp86 View Post
Vanden Bossche takes down that guy hard with a recent post on his website.

https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/p...about-covid-19

"He doesn’t understand the difference between PROTECTIVE T cells and T cells that simply recognize virus-infected cells without being able to kill those cells. In the video he’s trying to ridicule, I was talking about the former but he doesn’t seem to understand that T cells do not have a protective role if they’re not capable of killing Sars-CoV-2-infected cells (which was the point I was making). Since spike protein is required and sufficient for viral infectiousness, even a single mutation in S can contribute to enhanced viral infectiousness."

"This is a typical trait of illiterate fact checkers: When they don’t understand, or don’t want to understand the science, they twist one’s words and construe statements that make them look even more foolish. "

That video is garbage but there are some pretty good comments following.

from oohermosa:

Everything Geert V.D. said in April/May this year has come to light, soo...thanks Geert V. D.

From P.J. van Dijk

I think that your knowledge level just not at all reach up to Geert vanden Bossche's, so you're unable to debunk his statements. You are clearly simplifying things by leaving out important factors. This is not how reality works.

From the Ministry of Truth

Eh, I think I’ll go with Dr VDB on this one. He destroyed you in his rebuttal.

From reedr6

So far it seems Dr. Wilson has been unable to dispute ANY of the points that Geert has raised in his blog post.

Posting phony "debunker" videos is not going to change Geert's message to the world. A clear warning has been put out. The mass vaccination program is a colossal mistake since it drives the creation of vaccine busting variants.

According to Dr. Vanden Bossche, vaccinated people will be at more risk than the unvaccinated.

"The more we use these vaccines for immunizing people in the midst of a pandemic, the more infectious the virus will become."

"Not only would people lose vaccine-mediated protection but also their precious, variant-nonspecific (!), innate immunity will be gone (this is because vaccinal antibodies outcompete natural antibodies for binding to Covid-19, even when their affinity for the viral variant is relatively low)."

I hope Dr Vanden Bossche is wrong but what if he is correct? It won't be pretty for the LAPD if the entire force is vulnerable to a variant that evades the vaccines and has a worse outcome for the vaccinated.

Hopefully all 3,000 officers will hold strong and refuse to get these very dangerous vaccines.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-09-...xemptions.html

"Nearly 3,000 members of the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) have applied for exemptions to the police department’s Wuhan coronavirus vaccine mandate."

Old 10-03-2021, 06:31 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Dr. Geert Vanden Bossche strongly disagrees. He has been stating since March that mass vaccination during a pandemic will lead to catastrophic results.
A Belgian virus expert has scared the Internet by claiming the COVID-19 vaccines will doom humanity. No need to panic:

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/co...vanden-bossche

Quote:
He started warning the world in March. Using Van Bossche's info the Delta variant and the resurgence in of Covid in Israel was very predictable.
Scroll back on this thread for more info about Israel and the Delta variant.

Old 10-03-2021, 08:00 AM

2,378 posts, read 1,313,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Yeah, I can see that lol … anyways, it’s not a rant … I’m pretty nearly always laughing at all this including myself
I just find it amusing that you believe none of us should be debating and challenging these issues. Yet, politicians who are not medical doctors or scientists draw policies to implement mandates that we are to follow. That’s the debate, yet it is of your opinion we shouldn’t be debating this topic because of our lack of a medical degree and should rather shut up. I do not think so. It doesn’t require a medical degree to engage in these matters just as it doesn’t require an engineering degree to debate what cell phone is better or an economic degree to debate what economic policies are more sustainable and productive. You certainly do not require a medical degree to debate covid shot mandates. If these back and forth gets under your skin, then move along.

Last edited by Nyfinestbxtf; 10-03-2021 at 09:00 AM..

Old 10-03-2021, 08:49 AM

8,323 posts, read 5,481,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
A Belgian virus expert has scared the Internet by claiming the COVID-19 vaccines will doom humanity. No need to panic:

https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/co...vanden-bossche

Scroll back on this thread for more info about Israel and the Delta variant.
Well, Israel’s study on natural immunity vs. vaccine induced immunity was contrary to what medical officials kept saying here.

Old 10-03-2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Well, Israel’s study on natural immunity vs. vaccine induced immunity was contrary to what medical officials kept saying here.
According to Tulemutte, unless you have the medical knowledge we should not be having this discussion in regards to covid, but our nation’s politicians in their infinite wisdom do have the authority to make decisions and implement polices on this science without having any scientific and medical background. We are to shut up, they are smarter people who we should trust. You can’t make this up!

Old 10-03-2021, 11:34 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
Scroll back.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/09/sc...ural-immunity/

https://science.thewire.in/health/na...-israel-study/

Old 10-03-2021, 11:47 AM

Fact-check.org? Pfft.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles