Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2008, 04:17 AM

488 posts, read 1,513,209 times

Advertisements

I moved hear a few weeks ago and have only "driven by" the beach once. I live in Los Feliz and drove straight down Santa Monica Blvd. until I saw the ocean. Took me over an hour to get there and by then it was time to head back home. I knew that this was a tourist heavy route and that was part of the allure at the time. Now I would like to hit the beach every day if practical. What is the quickest route to the beach from Los Feliz? Beach quality is a factor and dog friendly is a plus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 09:46 AM

7,226 posts, read 22,194,951 times
the only beach in LA county that I know of that is dog friendly is in Long Beach. Though, if you head to the beach during off peak hours (early morning, late evening) I don't think you'll get a hard time for having your dog on the sand. Otherwise, dogs aren't supposed to be on the beach anywhere that I am aware of, certainly not in SM or Venice. As for getting to those beaches, taking Santa Monica Blvd all the way down was probably the slowest possible route you could have taken. A much better bet from Los Feliz is to take Vermont or Western down to the 10 and taking that to the beach (that's the route i take when I head to Los Feliz from my home in SM). Malibu also has some nice beaches but those are atleast another 15 minutes up PCH from Santa Monica.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:07 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,274,070 times
5S to the 110S to the 10W. If there was no traffic It'd take you less than 30min.

Or Western to the 10W.

I don't care for Santa Monica that much. When I go to the beach its in Orange County.

Sunset Beach, Bolsa Chica, or Huntington.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:01 PM

488 posts, read 1,513,209 times
I'll try both. Thanks.

Old 08-19-2008, 09:01 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
Since you live in Los Feliz you can take the 5\Golden State to the 134\Ventura to the 405\San Diego freeways to Santa Monica. I was at Will Rodgers state beach\Santa Monica a few weeks ago & the water temp is perfect right now - 73F

Old 08-20-2008, 12:01 AM

1,749 posts, read 8,337,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnorman67 View Post
I moved hear a few weeks ago and have only "driven by" the beach once. I live in Los Feliz and drove straight down Santa Monica Blvd. until I saw the ocean. Took me over an hour to get there and by then it was time to head back home. I knew that this was a tourist heavy route and that was part of the allure at the time. Now I would like to hit the beach every day if practical. What is the quickest route to the beach from Los Feliz? Beach quality is a factor and dog friendly is a plus.
I live close to you. If you go during the week, just leave 10am or later. Drive straight down Western to the 10/Santa Monica Freeway and go for it. Make sure you leave before 3:30 and you'll be fine. I can make it in 20/25 minutes from my place in Los Feliz during these times using this route. Weekends depend...if it's a holiday, it will take much longer.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:00 AM

59 posts, read 195,341 times
If you like spending the day with your dog and good people, then head down to dog beach in Long Beach. You can google it for precise location, but from Los Feliz you can head south on the 5 to the 710. Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles