Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 02:13 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek Hollow View Post
Q: When People Leave Los Angeles, Where Do They Go?

A: Back to America.
Funny. That's what we say. California is a wonderfully beautiful, diverse, vibrant state. There's no denying it. There's truly something for almost everyopne there. Many features and facets of it can't and will never be duplicated anywhere else.

Unfortunately, that wasn't enough for these two natives (one of SoCal and the other of NorCal) and unlike most who have posted in this thread for the past almost two years, we moved to a state that combines southern influences with mid-western influences that in some ways feels like a step back in time that we find enjoyable and comforting.

It's not for everyone, that's for sure. Nor would we want it to be. Overcrowding and sprawl were things we wished to leave behind.

We will always love California as the home of our youths, where we met and where each of us spent most of our lives. But the only way I see either of us going back is if one of us assumes room temperature and the surviving one wants to move back closer to family -- and I have family in other states as well so I'd have a choice. Other than that, not a chance!

None of this is a hit on California. We all have our own, individual ideas of the right place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 02:17 PM

28 posts, read 61,744 times
One friend moved to El Paso, Texas and the other is moving to Atlanta, Georgia. The one that is moving to Atlanta, GA is renting her home in Lake Elsinore. She decided not to sell it, just in case she wants to move back to California. She is a California native, so living back east to be near relatives may be a good thing or not.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:24 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,950,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl67 View Post
As far as I'm concerned, you people who elected liberal wacko representatives who, in turn, drove your state into the ground should have to stay there and live with what YOU DID. Stop going to places like Texas and Oklahoma, which are traditionally conservative states and trying to elect the same types of people that messed up California. WE DON'T WANT YOUR LIBERALISM IN THIS PART OF THE COUNTRY and Texas certainly doesn't need to be driven into the ground, which is what you leftist wackos are sure to do to it. So stay where you are and live with your decisions.

YouTube - ‪Dueling Banjos Deliverance‬‎

Old 08-06-2010, 05:14 PM

489 posts, read 1,325,194 times
I think most move to Nevada, Arizona, and Texas. Although the migration to NV and AZ has probably slowed down due to the economic situations in those states. I just moved back to CA after 3 years living in Vegas, and I met tons of other SoCal natives while living there.

Old 08-06-2010, 08:51 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Default When People Leave Los Angeles, Where Do They Go?

Well, I suppose that like all dogs, they could go to heaven!

Old 08-06-2010, 11:26 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,175,796 times
I'm not sure what the attraction of Texas is other than inexpensive. I think that state is boring.

I think many move to the midwest for some odd reason like maybe because the midwest feels smaller? I have no idea.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:31 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,617,004 times
Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, you people who elected liberal wacko representatives who, in turn, drove your state into the ground should have to stay there and live with what YOU DID. Stop going to places like Texas and Oklahoma, which are traditionally conservative states and trying to elect the same types of people that messed up California. WE DON'T WANT YOUR LIBERALISM IN THIS PART OF THE COUNTRY and Texas certainly doesn't need to be driven into the ground, which is what you leftist wackos are sure to do to it. So stay where you are and live with your decisions.

Soooooooooo glad I don't live in Texas any more. Don't miss attitudes like this at all.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:34 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,617,004 times
I'm in Albuquerque, and quite a few of my neighbors and folks I've talked to on the bus are from CA. Main areas are LA, north part of the state, and the Sacramento area. Haven't met anyone yet who moved from San Diego or San Fran, though. They're all pretty nice folks. The transplants I've met from Atlanta, however, seem to have a big chip on their shoulder, I don't think they'll last too long out here.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:39 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,175,796 times
Quote:
Texas sucks. I just took a road trip there a few days ago and I was bored out of my mind! Some of the people there were so rude to me when they found out I was from California. They started asking me If I was a liberal, if I was rich, if I knew fake people. I wanted to punch them all in the face. They are the most judgemental rudist people I have ever met! I will not be going back to TexASS because A.) It is so boring outside the major cities B.) people are rude and judgemental C) If any state is "superficial", it's Texas hands down. D.) The politics is so conservative, that maybe Sarah Palin should be governor! "drill baby drill!"

Old 08-08-2010, 11:08 AM

96 posts, read 306,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberRays View Post
Excuse me but in America people have the right to live wherever they please AND vote for whomever they wish.
Well excuse ME, but in America we are also free to speak our mind and voice our opinion and my opinion is that you people f'd up your situation so don't come and try to f up mine too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles