Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 11:21 AM

1,338 posts, read 2,025,735 times

Advertisements

I know this is pretty random, but has anyone been to or seen the Vitamin Shoppe in West LA along Westwood Blvd (at Missouri St)? I go in every few months to buy some whey protein.

Anyway, that place is huge and it's got like 10-12 parking spaces on the lot (which is quite a bit for that area). What I'm wondering is, how does a place like that stay in business? I spend $25 there every few months (chump change) and I'm always one of the only customers in there whether I go on the weekend or weeknights after work. I like the place, but to me it seems like a giant waste of space. Rent in that area must be sky high.

Do you guys ever see certain businesses and just say to yourself, "What a waste of space, this area would be much better served if someone built a XXXXX here."?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 01:56 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,041,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
I know this is pretty random, but has anyone been to or seen the Vitamin Shoppe in West LA along Westwood Blvd (at Missouri St)? I go in every few months to buy some whey protein.

Anyway, that place is huge and it's got like 10-12 parking spaces on the lot (which is quite a bit for that area). What I'm wondering is, how does a place like that stay in business? I spend $25 there every few months (chump change) and I'm always one of the only customers in there whether I go on the weekend or weeknights after work. I like the place, but to me it seems like a giant waste of space. Rent in that area must be sky high.

Do you guys ever see certain businesses and just say to yourself, "What a waste of space, this area would be much better served if someone built a XXXXX here."?

I TOTALLY agree!!!!!!!! There is a Vitamin shoppe around my area and its HUGE; in fact it could be a small gym. I hardly ever see anybody in there and I say the same thing myself.

Truth be told, when you go and buy supplements from brick and mortar stores your just throwing your money away because you can buy a better quality supplement for a cheaper price on line. I don't feel sorry either because these company's have been getting away with selling over priced sugar for too long..

These company's are the best..
https://www.t-nation.com/free_online_store
True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements

Remember tho, there are lots of business that are funded by Mob money, Drug money, all the way down to the husband that makes 500k a year and pays for the entire operating expenses for his wife's little cafe that generates no business. Sff, I have heard over 50% of the pharmaceutical industry is controlled by the mob and it makes sense because it's just a higher form of selling drugs with out all the hassle of breaking the law and going to jail.

Last edited by Morphous01; 04-12-2009 at 02:05 PM..

Old 08-01-2009, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,544 times
I know the manager of that Vitamin Shoppe on Westwood. Beleive it or not, the store does very well, even exceeding their goals almost every month. They have several overseas customers that spend 1000"s quite often, plus the Store Manager keeps the store and parking lot so clean, it looks like no one ever goes in there!!!

Last edited by krmess; 08-01-2009 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-01-2009, 01:41 PM

Thanks for the info, it's surprising but oh well. It's good to hear that they're doing well because I wouldn't want them going out of business.

Haha, yes that parking lot is always spotless.

How about that vacant parcel at the corner of Westwood/La Grange (next to California Chicken Cafe)? It looks like it used to be some sort of furniture store. What do you guys think the rent is for that place, it's a prime location in my opinion. That would be a nice spot for a Famima.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:20 PM

check that, it wasn't a furniture store but rather a Ceramic Tile Center.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:47 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,610,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
check that, it wasn't a furniture store but rather a Ceramic Tile Center.
It was Rhino Records before that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles