Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 10:01 PM

10 posts, read 29,855 times

Advertisements

That sucks, it's so cheap. 635 a month.. I don't care how small how it is, I just want it to be relatively safe. Do any of you know any other apartments in that price range but in a safer area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 10:12 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,866,583 times
"Cheap" and "Safe" don't usually go together in this town .....

Old 06-30-2009, 10:39 PM

10 posts, read 29,855 times
cheaper, then.

Old 06-30-2009, 11:01 PM

518 posts, read 1,454,064 times
Look into apartments in/near Mar Vista, Venice, Hollywood (east of the 101, south of Sunset Blvd is cheaper), Koreatown/Wilshire Center, North Hollywood, Chinatown, Echo Park. Maybe even parts of Glassel Park/Eagle Rock. There are upscale and less affluent "pockets" in all these neighborhoods, but they are generally safe, and in LA, which is probably where you want to be.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:30 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,113,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnolan16 View Post
What does Hemet mean?
Hemet is in the desert, between Riverside and San Diego, it isn't anywhere near Los Angeles. As for a job, little experience, high school diploma, you will be doing good if you can get a job at Micky D's. The only possibility and it is a long shot would be a call center, if they are even hiring. There was one in Hemet but I do not know if it is still there...

Be prrpared for a long hard road. May I ask, why in the world are you doing this?

Nita

Old 07-01-2009, 03:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,573 times
The area in Mac Arthur park is still infested by gangs MS13 is down the street on Park view and you have CRS13 crazy riders and 18st to the north. If you can fit in and not pay attention to it all you will be fine.But if you cant blend in into the neighborhood then you should look elsewhere.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:30 PM

5,402 posts, read 12,689,982 times
i AM familiar with this building/area. it was recently renovated. within the last year and a half. before it was a dump. now it looks nice from the outside. im sure they upgraded the interior, but really? its still where its at.

the building is in the lower koreatown section. but it is very close to alvarado. which is the pits. the whole pico union area is kinda bummy.

the area is mixed, but not really desirable. lots of koreans. and their business, but after 6pm it is mostly latinos. they are trying to fix up 8th street. there are local bars and shops. it is very walkable, but not very safe. it is still dominated by 18th st and the maras.

im not saying it is the worst. i have friends and know other people that live in the vicinity (white folk. younger ones also. the kind that wear leggings with cowboy boots) they like it fine. but younger folk tend to move into up and comng areas. this area im not sure home up it is, but it is definitely coming...at you with a knife.

caveat. abig caveat.
i would not want to live there. at least not now. and that is saying ALOT.

if you dont mind grit then you might like it. it is close to alot of things. it is just west of downtown. it might be a

Old 07-01-2009, 05:36 PM

5,402 posts, read 12,689,982 times
ok i checked the website. it is a nice building. i always noticed it. and i was happy that it was renovated. there are a lot of grand hotels and apt buildings nearby that are following in its renovation path. but the area really is not it.

it just isnt. this building is out of place. poor thing. the neighborhood is light years behind the elegance of the building.

if you are adventorous and a pioneer go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnolan16 View Post
well, just go to rentwilliampenn.com please... and let me know what you think
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles