Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 02:17 PM

31 posts, read 105,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy2007 View Post
I understand how it feels to be homesick,but hopefully you'll be able to move back to California,especially since the prices for homes are dropping.
Hey thank's for the answer, I'm looking forward to move back. Just the though of it make me happy. enjoy the beauty of CA , talk to you later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2008, 11:05 PM

489 posts, read 1,914,878 times
Left California from 1996-2006. Lived for some time in Bismarck, ND, and a few years in Minneapolis, MN and during that time traveled all over ND, SD, MN, WI, IL, VA, WY, DC, IA, KS, MO, MT, ID, UT, NV, and Manitoba, Canada. While I never had a problem finding things to do in the Midwest, nothing ever compared to LA. Finally came back in September of 06, and will never leave again! There's a great world out there, but "there's no place like home".

Old 05-10-2008, 11:31 PM

56 posts, read 314,260 times
It's funny. I moved out of L.A to Orlando, FL. I was so sure I'd never move back to L.A. Funny thing is...I recently started thinking about the possibility of moving back. I'm still not sure as I'd miss many aspects of Orlando as well, not to mention my cheap 1 bedroom apartment...but L.A (West Hollywood area) had so much to offer as well that now I am in limbo. .75 leg in L.A and 1.25 in Orlando still (but it used to be both legs in Orlando). The one thing that is stopping me from making a decision right now is the traffic and expensive apartments and not ever having the option of owning my own house. But the fact that I am thinking about moving back to L.A already says a lot I guess.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:02 AM

40 posts, read 166,488 times
Well, I'm another person that left L.A. and went to TX for two years. My wife was ready to move back after a year, but we agreed to wait it out for another. San Antonio is a great family town, but not our cup of tea. Sure there were things that we enjoyed, but could never find all the things we did in L.A. (we tried not to compare, but very hard to do with all that L.A. offers)

I read posts where ppl are constantly bashing L.A./Cali. It's easy to be unhappy with something until you leave and realize what you lost. From experience I'll tell you this, there really isn't anywhere quite like L.A.

We're so glad to be returning back to L.A. this summer (I've been back since March), and will never leave again. Sure there are issues with L.A., but the positive outweigh the negative.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:46 AM

485 posts, read 1,704,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LABlue View Post
It's funny. I moved out of L.A to Orlando, FL. I was so sure I'd never move back to L.A. Funny thing is...I recently started thinking about the possibility of moving back. I'm still not sure as I'd miss many aspects of Orlando as well, not to mention my cheap 1 bedroom apartment...but L.A (West Hollywood area) had so much to offer as well that now I am in limbo. .75 leg in L.A and 1.25 in Orlando still (but it used to be both legs in Orlando). The one thing that is stopping me from making a decision right now is the traffic and expensive apartments and not ever having the option of owning my own house. But the fact that I am thinking about moving back to L.A already says a lot I guess.
I'm moving to a small town outside of Orlando this weekend and can't wait to get out of L.A.!! Our apartment will be much larger than the one we have here, and seriously HALF the price. Florida or bust!

Old 05-16-2008, 01:46 PM

268 posts, read 890,259 times
Florida is a great place to live...I grew up there and I moved to L.A. (5 years ago) and still think about moving back. I miss my house and yard

Old 05-16-2008, 06:14 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsystar View Post
I'm moving to a small town outside of Orlando this weekend and can't wait to get out of L.A.!! Our apartment will be much larger than the one we have here, and seriously HALF the price. Florida or bust!

Right, compare that reduction to the reduction in your salary!

Old 05-16-2008, 07:57 PM

485 posts, read 1,704,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Right, compare that reduction to the reduction in your salary!
Not a worry for me!! I will have the same job that I had here, but will working remotely from home. I got a sweet deal for sure! Anyway, the pay isn't anymore than what I would get in Orlando at the same type of job - I did my research. I have NO idea why people think the pay is so good in L.A.!!!!

Same pay, 1/2 the rent and a bigger apartment - Florida is the way to go! L.A. gets really old, really fast.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,923 times
I miss LA so much too. I've been living in SF for the past 2+ years and I'm still not used to life here...there is much to love but for ME, the weather has been unbearable & the lack of space, high rent & general congestion aren't too fun...is it just me or are the people in LA also friendlier??

I have to stay for about another year, but I'm already planning my move back...even thinking of getting a little LA pad to escape to every month until I can make the big move back home!

Old 07-18-2011, 09:47 AM

3 posts, read 4,080 times
Ok i am currently in Saint Louis Missouri. I am interested in moving to LA, despite what family and friends has to say. I have 2 young kids. I dont know where to start? I have been here all my life, any advice??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles