Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 07:02 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,493,300 times

Advertisements

Oh, I hear you! I want to move back so badly I can taste it!

But DH is NOT on board....YET! Turns out that his job here in NC had basically told him that in his field and his firm, if he wants to move up the ladder he should seriously look at heading to the Costa Mesa office!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!! So, we may eventually get to move back.

Dawn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2007, 08:39 PM

329 posts, read 473,209 times
You Need Your Thorazine Adjustedto A Higher Dose

Old 06-10-2007, 12:29 AM

38,903 posts, read 22,892,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbuniz View Post
I'm stuck in the SF bay area for another 2 months and even though the peninsula is pleasant, there's no vibrancy or energy there.

I miss the LA beaches, going to Thai town for really spicy authentic food, the gorgeous weather, outgoing and attractive people and the huge adundance of opportunities there.

There hasn't been a good LA thread for a while and even though LA does have some minuses i.e. traffic, smog, there are just so many positives that make LA such a great city.
I'm one of those who moved to Northern California (Sacramento area), lived there a while, and got homesick for the L.A. area, so I ended up moving back. I tell you, you just don't realize how good you have it here until you leave, which I don't ever plan on doing again! I welcome you back along with everyone else.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:54 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,053,731 times
If you love LA you will love Houston

Old 07-05-2007, 10:44 PM

25 posts, read 84,027 times
I've never lived in the Bay area, only visited, but my impression of Northern California from people who've lived there is that the mindset is a lot more provincial than I'd have thought ... SF is not as globalized as LA is. More PC and aggressive about it.

I have my problems with LA, but I'd much rather be here.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:20 PM

1,297 posts, read 5,510,473 times
I was raised in Los Angeles and still live here. If I had the choice, I would move to the bay area. The traffic problems, poor transportation, and other
social issues is getting to be a bit too much. Luckily, I travel alot so I get to enjoy other cities and countries.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,888 times
haha, I feel you on that. I moved to Dallas for my job in March and can't wait to move back already! I'm so homesick already, and god I miss the diversity that is LA.

Old 05-08-2008, 03:45 PM

485 posts, read 1,704,369 times
Although I am planning my escape from L.A. to FL and can't leave soon enough, I have to agree that the weather here is ten times better than it is in S.F. - we visited last May/June and I was so cold the entire time that I couldn't even enjoy myself! That wind will slice right through whatever clothes you are wearing.

Oh, and how do you find parking at all these "fabulous" L.A. beaches??? Forget about it in the summer unless you want to get there at 8 am - another reason I can't wait to move to FL!!!!

Old 05-08-2008, 05:07 PM

1,786 posts, read 6,900,817 times
4-days in San Francisco this week was enough to tide me over for a bit.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:27 PM

303 posts, read 846,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvbuniz View Post
I'm stuck in the SF bay area for another 2 months and even though the peninsula is pleasant, there's no vibrancy or energy there.

I miss the LA beaches, going to Thai town for really spicy authentic food, the gorgeous weather, outgoing and attractive people and the huge adundance of opportunities there.

There hasn't been a good LA thread for a while and even though LA does have some minuses i.e. traffic, smog, there are just so many positives that make LA such a great city.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roma View Post
I miss LA too!!!!! I want to come back too!!!!! I Love California!!!!!
Me too!!!!! I hope to move to L.A., which is close to home, very soon from Texas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdoesdallas View Post
haha, I feel you on that. I moved to Dallas for my job in March and can't wait to move back already! I'm so homesick already, and god I miss the diversity that is LA.
I hear ya! I'm in exile near ya and can't leave soon enough!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles