Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2010, 11:46 AM

3 posts, read 4,956 times

Advertisements

I put the deposit down on a house in Hollywood this week. I'm currently living in North Carolina and have been planning this move for a bout a year. i'm really excited to be leaving North Carolina. Things are just way too slow around here for me. I was raised in New Jersey, so I'm used to the daily hustle and bustle of the "city folk" and the welcomed discomfort I get when all the shady characters come out of the woodwork after the sun goes down. I love it.

The reason for the move is not only to get back to the city life...but also to never be cold again...i wish i could express how angry cold weather makes me lol...if there is no snow..i see no reason for it to be cold...thats why New York was not on my list of places to move lol...I love NY summers...but NY hasnt learned how to skip winter yet...so I chose to bounce to the west coast.

Also going to be there trying to make some kind of progress with my music. I make Hip-Hop music and have been doing so for about 10 years. I just recently decided to make it a priority. I've made a lot of progress in the last few months and hopefully that will continue after the move.

[mod cut: advertising and manual signatures not allowed)

Last edited by uptown_urbanist; 05-09-2010 at 01:15 PM.. Reason: TOS violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2010, 12:24 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Good luck to you. I hope it works out the way you want.

I don't know why you're trying to justify it about hating the cold weather and all. You're a fully grown adult capable of making decisions regarding YOUR life. If LA is where you wanna be and you are aware of the economic climate of the city, then you know what you're doing.

Just don't say you weren't warned.

Old 05-09-2010, 02:10 PM

3 posts, read 4,956 times
The weather was a factor in my decision making....I wanted to move to Cali or NY...or Florida...needed a place with a big city and plenty of music opportunity and i didnt want to be cold ever again...so NY was scratched off...went down to Florida to chill with family and it just didnt feel right. The day i stepped off the plane in LAX and rode the train to Long Beach, i knew. I just fit in so well there and felt like I belonged..and 90% of the people i've come across there have been hella nice to me....its funny how a place I've never lived in can feel like home...but every time i go...i really do feel at home

Old 05-09-2010, 02:42 PM

312 posts, read 910,032 times
I'm moving there too, much because of the warm weather.
I can't stand the cold in northern Europe!

Venice Beach see you soon.

Old 05-09-2010, 04:59 PM

1,465 posts, read 5,147,704 times
Welcome Esko and stolpioni!!

Old 05-09-2010, 06:42 PM

142 posts, read 442,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownVentura View Post
Welcome Esko and stolpioni!!

I second the welcome to our to new neighbors. I see no reason to scold people for wanting to move a new a place...esp. if they live in a colder place and want to be somewhere warmer.

Good luck to you both!!!

Old 05-10-2010, 08:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esko View Post
I put the deposit down on a house in Hollywood this week. I'm currently living in North Carolina and have been planning this move for a bout a year. i'm really excited to be leaving North Carolina. Things are just way too slow around here for me. I was raised in New Jersey, so I'm used to the daily hustle and bustle of the "city folk" and the welcomed discomfort I get when all the shady characters come out of the woodwork after the sun goes down. I love it.

The reason for the move is not only to get back to the city life...but also to never be cold again...i wish i could express how angry cold weather makes me lol...if there is no snow..i see no reason for it to be cold...thats why New York was not on my list of places to move lol...I love NY summers...but NY hasnt learned how to skip winter yet...so I chose to bounce to the west coast.

Also going to be there trying to make some kind of progress with my music. I make Hip-Hop music and have been doing so for about 10 years. I just recently decided to make it a priority. I've made a lot of progress in the last few months and hopefully that will continue after the move.

[mod cut: advertising and manual signatures not allowed)
Good luck to you, I hope it all works out.

Nita

Old 05-10-2010, 08:59 AM

364 posts, read 991,389 times
Good luck! Personally, I wouldn't have made the move without lining up some sort of work. But L.A. is where you were meant to be, then you'll make it work.

Stolpioni, I live a few blocks from Venice Beach. Until you get here, check out the Venice Beach webcam.

Old 05-10-2010, 09:18 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,274,431 times
I moved from the east coast because of the weather initially. I ended up here, and loving it!
I agree with lovetheoutdoors, easier if a job is lined up, since everybody is trying 'to make it in the business'...but hopefully you'll get the big break! Much success to you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles