Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 07:14 AM

3,423 posts, read 3,214,960 times

Advertisements

Hi Veggie. How goes it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 07:21 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,049,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orogenicman View Post
Hi Veggie. How goes it?
I didn't know you were here? How long have you been here? I tried to send a private message and couldn't, so here it is. Somehow I befriend you, what is that?

Old 08-18-2011, 11:17 AM

1,898 posts, read 2,754,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
I didn't know you were here? How long have you been here? I tried to send a private message and couldn't, so here it is. Somehow I befriend you, what is that?
Same here. So, how do I manage to ask my scientific questions, especially since I don't hang around the Louisville room? (Kentucky, yes, Cincinnati & Dayton, yes.)

That little site out in California is about gone.

On Topic: Time Warner covers Ohio, and, while last I heard the broadband is cheap enough and relatively good, Ohioans complain a lot. Maybe it's the television part, and since I don't even have a television, I don't pay much attention to that.

CP

Old 08-19-2011, 06:52 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,792,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpathianPeasant View Post
On Topic: Time Warner covers Ohio, and, while last I heard the broadband is cheap enough and relatively good, Ohioans complain a lot. Maybe it's the television part, and since I don't even have a television, I don't pay much attention to that.

CP
Honestly, I can live with average service if the customer service is good. But I got rid of AT&T and switched my phones to Insight strictly due to the better customer service. Now it looks like that is going to disappear.

Whenever I'm signing up for any new service at my home or business, I always ask them how long it takes to get through to tech support or customer service. Then I make the sales person sit there while I try to get through. You'd be amazed how many of them are still sitting there an hour or two later.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:07 PM

44 posts, read 124,849 times
When do they take over?

Old 08-30-2011, 11:52 AM

13 posts, read 15,315 times
Hello everyone,

I am going to get an internet connection from Insight. I was told that I have to make a contract of 1 year at $35/month. Early termination fee will be $120. Is that true? I am new here in Louisville. I am really confused since I used Comcast before and I can terminate the service anytime without any fee.

Thanks.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:21 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,049,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hella View Post
Hello everyone,

I am going to get an internet connection from Insight. I was told that I have to make a contract of 1 year at $35/month. Early termination fee will be $120. Is that true? I am new here in Louisville. I am really confused since I used Comcast before and I can terminate the service anytime without any fee.

Thanks.
I have no idea. Maybe since your new to the area, the rules have changed if you terminate the contract. For many of years we only had one company that supplied the cable TV and in recent years new companies have moved into the area, and that might be why they have a termination fee so you won't leave for another company. I've lived here all of my life and at one time, our cable TV company was another name and has changed a few times since. At one time you could get only one HBO channel, etc. Each movie channel was only one channel and now it is numerous of ones. Maybe once Comcast moves into the area, the rules of termination will change and other features too.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:38 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informative View Post
When do they take over?
Hopefully after football season. I'm about to order NFL RedZone and Time Warner doesn't carry it.

Old 08-31-2011, 01:00 PM

59 posts, read 210,152 times
Default Insight

I hate this company. They were the worst people to deal with when it came to service or no service I should say. They suck, they will always suck. I wish I had a dolar for everytime I cussed their a** out on the phone. HDTV service was a joke. They always had excuses why the picture would break up or sound drop out. Like everything else in this getto town foxtrot uniformed!!!

Old 08-31-2011, 01:33 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,052,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmac62 View Post
I hate this company. They were the worst people to deal with when it came to service or no service I should say. They suck, they will always suck. I wish I had a dolar for everytime I cussed their a** out on the phone. HDTV service was a joke. They always had excuses why the picture would break up or sound drop out. Like everything else in this getto town foxtrot uniformed!!!
As I stated before, we have had Insight since moving here 3 years ago - excellent service - our HD works well. Rarely if ever is the cable down, their employees are always polite and helpful. Of course, we are always polite and nice to them - hmmm, maybe that is the difference between our experience and yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area