Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:39 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalbeagle87 View Post
Insight Louisville is in ~IMHO~ one of the worst organizations of mismanagement and poor leadership. I know a employee who was mistreated and abused and this person worked in mid-level management. I was close to this Insight empoyee. I witnessed the degrading manner in which he was treated and it was clearly cruel and pathetic. He was lied to about his position and security in his job. Insight has outsourced it's OPPORTUNITY in this region without an ounce of integrity or humanity. I will never speak kindly about this company. I was aware that it was shopping for a buyer for this past year. This cable company was never viable with poor customer service, invasion of privacy issues, and wretched employee treatment. Isn't it odd how you never see any remarks by employees in public venues? They are terrified of being caught voicing concerns about what happens behind the scenes. However, I'm free to speak my opinion about the foreign employees who make up the senior positions of this center in Louisville. Amazingly and intentionally the entire company will now become unemployed, as did my friend. The senior members will LIKELY get the Golden Umbrella and return to the rock from which they first crawled. You wonder why the bill is so high??? Hit the road Insight and your greedy senior directors and management.
They aren't afraid. I know a few people whop work or have worked there, who'll speak their mind without fear. I lightweight know Glenn, one of the higher ups.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2011, 10:18 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,423,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
I hope you know Com-cast is ran by Insight.
Uhh... no, it isn't. Comcast is a completely different company. Not sure what you are talking about.

Old 09-09-2011, 10:20 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,423,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
my friend in crescent hill has at&t cable. not sure if she is happy with it, but i know it was much cheaper than insight.

i'm not the biggest fan of insight, but no ones customer service is worse than direct tv. I kept a tally and logged over 13 hours on hold over a four month span dealing with the exact same issue each time when i had them.

insights service has been o.k., but thier installers are a joke. I think they get most of them from a meth head prison release program. they actually hooked me up to the box in my neighbors yard and just laid the cable on the grass. then, when it got to my chain link fence, they ran it THROUGH the fence about two feet off the ground. it took them almost a month to come out, unhook, run the cable UNDER my fence and then bury it. I have never seen such half-a**ery in my life.
I've been ok with DirecTV's customer service, but totally agree with you on the installers, etc. The problem is Insight does not use their own installers but contracts out to these crappy companies that do a **** poor job of everything. Stansifer and Sons is the one in New Albany, and they are awful.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:07 AM

862 posts, read 1,643,229 times
Hasn't even been 24 hours since Insight was installed - cable, phone, & internet. The installers put 2 holes into our siding, sent somebody out today and he said it was old from a weedeater. I was just out there Monday evening with my dog trying to catch a lizard and the holes were not there then. Out of spite or something he cut about 6 inches of the Directv cable, left it hanging. No it is NOT the lines Insight used, they are different lines. We have no DVR service upstairs, we can't get into our email, we can't get into our router to change the password and to make it private, and tons of other things. Saving $70 a month is NOT worth it, and it hasn't even been one day. We supposedly have a "personal representative" we can call. But the number now goes to a voice mailbox of a person who's name sounds like a stripper's name. I've been on hold with the 1-800 number for over an hour. Nobody will help me. They keep transfering me here and there. I hated AT&T with a passion, we had so many problems with them the 1st year that we were so ready to get rid of them. I'm ready for them to come back, inferior internet and all. At least we could use it it didn't drop us every 15 mintues.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:55 AM

Location: City - Prefer the country. People shouldn't have to live where they can't see the stars.
98 posts, read 283,813 times
I really believe they ALL suck.
I'm in the process of trying to get a new HD box from DirectTV right now. I've only had their service a few months. I changed because I hated Insight so much. And, I am basically satisfied with their line-up. But they've cost me big, so I guess they suck too.
The DirectTV installer didn't ground the system, and the first lightening storm took out both of my TVs and one of the boxes. AND THEN, they charged me $50 to come out and fix the ground!!
Now, not only are they refusing to compensate me for the TVs, they expect me to pay $100 for a new HD box....
Like psulions2007 said, they say they don't have anything to do with the installers. In Louisville it's a company called Multiband. So it looks like I'm going to have to take my fight to a different company, since DirectTV apparently doesn't stand behind their installers/installation.
I should have known this was coming. The installer (who looked like he was about 16) told me proudly that he had only been doing the job for 3 months.
Wish I hadn't signed a two year contract. I've seriously thought about putting an ad in the Courier to collect names, and starting a class action lawsuit. And I may just do it yet....
Yep, they all suck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area