Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:19 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,421,560 times

Advertisements

Insight selling to Time Warner Cable for $3 billion | The Courier-Journal | courier-journal.com

All I can say is THANK GOD. Although I switched to DirecTV to get away from the awful service from Insight, I am glad I will be able to have internet again (which I've refused to purchase from Insight) from a somewhat decent provider.

Insight was by far the worst utility company I've ever had to deal with. I've had several other cable companies (Mediacom, Cox, Comcast, D&E), and never have I had so many problems with a company as I have with Insight including:

1. Door-to-door contracted salesmen.

2. Contractors installing that clearly do not have proper training and who are extremely intrusive and aggressive.

3. Disconnecting my cable from the outside pole, then throwing it out in the middle of the alley when the neighbor next door to me was supposed to have their cable disconnected.

4. Giving my personal information to third-party salespeople in San Diego.

5. After the #3 incident when I disconnected everything, still charging me for 2 months worth of services after the fact.

6. Rude customer service representatives who also do not have proper training.

7. Ridiculously placed service stores for returning/getting equipment that aren't open on Saturdays and only open to 6 PM on weekdays.

Ding dong, the witch is dead!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 01:44 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
Insight selling to Time Warner Cable for $3 billion | The Courier-Journal | courier-journal.com

All I can say is THANK GOD. Although I switched to DirecTV to get away from the awful service from Insight, I am glad I will be able to have internet again (which I've refused to purchase from Insight) from a somewhat decent provider.

Insight was by far the worst utility company I've ever had to deal with. I've had several other cable companies (Mediacom, Cox, Comcast, D&E), and never have I had so many problems with a company as I have with Insight including:

1. Door-to-door contracted salesmen.

2. Contractors installing that clearly do not have proper training and who are extremely intrusive and aggressive.

3. Disconnecting my cable from the outside pole, then throwing it out in the middle of the alley when the neighbor next door to me was supposed to have their cable disconnected.

4. Giving my personal information to third-party salespeople in San Diego.

5. After the #3 incident when I disconnected everything, still charging me for 2 months worth of services after the fact.

6. Rude customer service representatives who also do not have proper training.

7. Ridiculously placed service stores for returning/getting equipment that aren't open on Saturdays and only open to 6 PM on weekdays.

Ding dong, the witch is dead!
I hope this means better performance. I've only had Insight nearly a month and I'm already dissatisified. The TV stops up so much it's makes DirecTV in the rain look smooth.

I haven't heard the best things about Time Warner either.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:09 PM

2,200 posts, read 4,421,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I hope this means better performance. I've only had Insight nearly a month and I'm already dissatisified. The TV stops up so much it's makes DirecTV in the rain look smooth.

I haven't heard the best things about Time Warner either.
I haven't heard great things about Time Warner either... and the only time I've experienced them was for 2 weeks after they bought Adelphia when I lived in Erie (so I don't count that)

With that said, I've heard good things about their high speed internet service, though... and considering the amount of complaining people do about Comcast (which is light-years better than Insight)... I'm willing to give TWC a shot.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:29 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,047,178 times
We have had Insight for 3 years - never a problem. Installation was very professional and very nice and helpful people all along the way. The cable service is near perfect - other than the big bill each month, we are very happy with Insight.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:45 PM

17 posts, read 31,842 times
Default hall of shame

MSN listed Time Warner cable in its 2011 Customer Service Hall of Shame Top Ten. Everything I've read and heard about TWC is not good. TWC, themselves, admitted to having issues, but they are "working on them". Let's hope they get them worked on before they take over. Better yet,would love to get ATT U-verse here in the 'ville. You can get it across the river but not here. We need some competition like that. I would like to have a choice other than satellite.

Old 08-17-2011, 06:37 AM

165 posts, read 309,712 times
"Working on them" is cable company corporatespeak for "ignoring them because we have a monopoly and can do so without losing much business, so go pound sand."

Old 08-17-2011, 06:45 AM

87 posts, read 267,297 times
Does anyone know if TWC intends to operate as Insight in the current markets still or rebrand? It'll be interesting to see what the impact is...financially speaking.

Obviously, being your run of the mill cable monopoly, prices will go up in the long term.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:01 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,791,136 times
I am really worried about this. With all their faults (not that many in my experience) you can at least get a human being on the phone in less than a minute with Insight. I've found their customer service to be excellent. Now we'll be going to one of the worst customer service providers, like I don't already have my fill of that.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,027 times
TWC v. Insight: TWC is much better. I've had TWC and was actually generally satisfied (except that WLEX-Lexington and WAVE-Louisville were always "staticy" for some reason.)

Insight, *********! ...and I was never even one of your customers. You treated your employees like utter crap, used aggressive outside sales tactics and had general customer dissatisfaction.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:12 AM

2,391 posts, read 5,046,942 times
I had "the best" guy to install my broadband when I switched from dial-up. I've had issues with the TV and constantly calling them and issues never resolved. But after this guy came, he was a miracle worker and I haven't had TV issues since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area