Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 02:18 PM

965 posts, read 4,501,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattknap View Post
Looks like it is no longer on the market - the listing has been deleted.
Well, I'll be doggone! It's not on Remax anymore either.

But you know, I have read many times on the Real Estate Board that a home might be delisted from the MLS for any number of reasons - sometimes it has sold and sometimes it has not (additional sprucing up, a short hiatus, price adjustments, etc.). I know I have read multiple times where sellers will take their houses off the market and then relist them again later on. I can't remember the exact circumstances (sorry); I just know that it is tagged in my memory banks big time to still ask about a house regardless, especially if it's a now you see it and now you don't type of thing.

I know you have a little time before the actual move, but maybe remembering to ask about a house anyway will come in handy when you are all ready and set to go.

Happy New Year!

Last edited by virgo; 01-01-2008 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 02:52 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,056,113 times
Thanks Virgo - yes, we must sell our home here before moving become a reality. We are actually beginning to pack and clean out cupboards, closets, drawers, etc....the inside of the house will be painted, a new coat put on the hardwoods and a few minor things - but the house is in very good condition and almost ready to sell.

We are so excited about retiring and moving...it really helps to have Kentuckians here fill us in our good areas in which to live...thanks everyone.

Old 01-01-2008, 03:04 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,316,239 times
At 4:52 on January 1, 2008, the MLS shows the listing expired at midnight on Dec 31, 2007. This home was placed on the market February 17, 2007 at $339,000.

For some reason, homes along Lexington Rd between the Southern Baptist Seminary and Cannon's Lane have a long market time, even when the market was hot. I lived on Lexington Rd near Stilz from 1989 until 2002 before moving to Oldham County. I can only suggest that while the area is superior in many ways, the Lexington Rd. traffic does affect desirability.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:20 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,094,475 times
Default good search engine for home sales

try this one.. I know it was listed earlier but it's a great search engine

www.semonin.com

Using the 'map search' and the 'advance search' options, you can narrow your search to that 'perfect home'.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:53 PM

1,448 posts, read 4,793,187 times
I think tomocox also has a good search engine on his web site. I just used semonin.com out of habit.

Old 01-27-2008, 01:58 PM
nik

58 posts, read 244,939 times
I drove by this weekend and noticed that it's for sale by owner now.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:48 PM

1,448 posts, read 4,793,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nik View Post
I drove by this weekend and noticed that it's for sale by owner now.
Opportunity knocking! (What a nice thing to remember and post, nik.)

Right off the top, they should knock off 6% of the sales price, or 3% if you have a realtor.

Old 01-28-2008, 08:11 AM

25 posts, read 75,531 times
Default Good resale value

The St. Mathews area has solid resale value, popular area and is close to Cherokee/Seneca Parks. Also provides easy access to the rest of the city.

Lots of independent resturants as well.

If price, condition, etc.. are good you would probably be in good shape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area