Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2020, 05:44 AM

2,325 posts, read 3,932,372 times

Advertisements

(H/T to KTXT Sports)

Where else in the state can you see anything like that? My guesses: only the American Airlines Center in Dallas, the Toyota Center in Houston, and the AT&T Center in San Antonio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2020, 07:48 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
My goodness, they're stepping up in the Hub City.

What's next, a tractor pull?

Old 01-23-2020, 09:02 PM

Guess my original post and the picture in it weren’t entirely clear to those outside of Lubbock or the Texas Tech men’s basketball fan base. It shows the pregame of Tech vs. Iowa State last weekend, with a sellout crowd of 15,098. You certainly wouldn’t see any college MBB atmosphere like that for the duration of the season these days at any other place in TX.

[sarc]Students already are camping out for the “tractor pull” that’s next there. It should be on a cable TV network called ESPN at 5 CT on Saturday.[/sarc]

More:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/lubb...-saturday.html

https://twitter.com/texastechmbb/sta...584153088?s=21

Old 01-23-2020, 11:36 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post

(H/T to KTXT Sports)

Where else in the state can you see anything like that? My guesses: only the American Airlines Center in Dallas, the Toyota Center in Houston, and the AT&T Center in San Antonio.
wow thats pretty impressive.neat pic.

Old 01-25-2020, 12:34 PM

38 posts, read 38,174 times
Things will be crazy this evening. Hundreds of students camped out to get good seats. It has become one of the best home-court advantages in the country. I hope our young team comes out aggressive and isn't too caught up in the hoopla. Pun, semi-intended...

Old 01-25-2020, 08:41 PM

I have to confess this: That was incredible last year, but they've got to climb a mountain this year. Just 3-3 in conference play thus far. Last year will be hard to top, and Baylor and Kansas are very good this time around.

Old 01-25-2020, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
I have to confess this: That was incredible last year, but they've got to climb a mountain this year. Just 3-3 in conference play thus far. Last year will be hard to top, and Baylor and Kansas are very good this time around.
First, hats off to Kentucky. Nick Richards is phenomenal, and Ashton Hagans is like a football safety that all the opponents dread facing.

It’s a VERY young team this year: there are seven freshmen, and only three others have playing experience from last year’s national runner-up team. Jarrett Culver is now doing well playing for the Minnesota Timberwolves, and Tariq Owens and Matt Mooney were just called up to play for the Phoenix Suns and Cleveland Cavaliers, respectively. Not too many coaches could lose that much talent and expect to do the same things.

In addition to Baylor and Kansas, West Virginia is much-improved this season, and I have to give credit to TCU for holding us off (Bane is ridiculously good). Really, there are no slouches in the conference.

Back to tonight, I think it was a good experience for the underclassmen to go up against a very talented team like that. Just recalling what I read back in summer from multiple sources, it looks like they’ve made real progress since then. Then I remember what things were like in the years between Bob Knight and Tubby Smith, and I want to almost pinch myself.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:30 PM

Old 04-02-2021, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post

(H/T to KTXT Sports)

And now Chris Beard is gone. Tech loses another fine coach to an in-state rival. The good news is, they've still got a good guy that they can promote and bring up. It's Mark Adams, and he's one of the best basketball minds the NCAA has. He'd be the perfect replacement for Beard.

Here's a link with more on this:

https://www.vivathematadors.com/2021...xas-tech-coach

Old 04-03-2021, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
And now Chris Beard is gone. Tech loses another fine coach to an in-state rival. The good news is, they've still got a good guy that they can promote and bring up. It's Mark Adams, and he's one of the best basketball minds the NCAA has. He'd be the perfect replacement for Beard.

Here's a link with more on this:

https://www.vivathematadors.com/2021...xas-tech-coach
He’s been mentioned frequently on the message boards, along with Tech great Darvin Ham, who’s currently an assistant with the Milwaukee Bucks, and others. Just hope they find one before too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock