Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 03:26 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
The place is dominated by Republicans. What would you expect?
Oh please let's keep politics out of this.

To the previous poster: if you think LBB property taxes are bad, try living in Tarrant county.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:34 PM

437 posts, read 925,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post

To the previous poster: if you think LBB property taxes are bad, try living in Tarrant county.
Right on. My mother lives in Lubbock and her taxes are mucher lower than mine, and I live in a rural county!

Old 09-11-2009, 09:34 AM

588 posts, read 2,829,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post

People who complain about high property taxes in Lubbock haven't lived anywhere else. Those in the know would love to have Lubbock's taxes.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggler View Post
People who complain about high properties taxes in Lubbock haven't lived anywhere else. Those in the know would love to have Lubbock's taxes.
I know. Or they b*tch about how "backwards" Lubbock is and how so much more "progressive" DFW, Austin, etc is. I like Lubbock the way it is and I don't want it to become something it is not. That's what Austin and other places are for. If you don't like Lubbock, get out. If you don't like Lubbock and you're already out, then what's your problem?

Old 09-11-2009, 10:56 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,981,030 times
"Lubbock: love it or leave it."

Old 09-11-2009, 11:32 AM

1,148 posts, read 2,780,995 times
Smells of cow dung wafting in from the stock yards, dust storms rolling in, feeling like you're stranded in the middle of nowhere, you can have Alberto Gonzalez as your neighbor, pot smoking numbskulls(Texas Tech students) going about town. Whats not to love?
Really I'm being too hard on the place it has its own flavor. Even the residents might admit its an acquired taste and not everyone is going to fit in or like Lubbock.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:42 AM

4,726 posts, read 11,981,030 times
Lubbockites now try to deny that there are dust storms. They're so much better than they used to be, so they say. I'd venture to guess that newcomers might not agree with the assessment that the dust storms are some trivial, rare event.

Is Lubbock still swarming with cops like it used to be?

Old 09-11-2009, 11:45 AM

437 posts, read 925,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbius View Post
Smells of cow dung wafting in from the stock yards, dust storms rolling in, feeling like you're stranded in the middle of nowhere, you can have Alberto Gonzalez as your neighbor, pot smoking numbskulls(Texas Tech students) going about town. Whats not to love?
Really I'm being too hard on the place it has its own flavor. Even the residents might admit its an acquired taste and not everyone is going to fit in or like Lubbock.

Of course, not everyone is going to like or "fit in" in ANY city. I guess the "middle of nowhere" is subjective. If you're from, say another part of West Texas or Eastern New Mexico, LUbbock is definitely "Somewhere."

Old 09-11-2009, 11:59 AM

1,148 posts, read 2,780,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rr2005 View Post
Of course, not everyone is going to like or "fit in" in ANY city. I guess the "middle of nowhere" is subjective. If you're from, say another part of West Texas or Eastern New Mexico, LUbbock is definitely "Somewhere."
Well its a midsize, sleepy, Texas city. If you've lived in a big city at some point in your life Lubbock is going to feel incredibly small after a month or two. The problem then becomes that you're 6 hours away from Dallas, the nearest large city.
So you start to feel cut off fairly quickly in Lubbock.

Old 09-11-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
"Lubbock: love it or leave it."
There you go!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock