Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 04:11 PM

10 posts, read 19,324 times

Advertisements

Hello,I am now in the Chesapeake but, I lived in WV and my experience , you cant find cheep property by searching the internet,(not rentals anyway), You have to live in the area, then find stuff in local papers or by asking around. I want to be very isolated ,does anybody know if you buy property in a seasonal area - do you have to leave by law?-

I would be glad to rent an old hunters cabin that isnt used anymore, and if possible buy it in payments.
Any help or direction is really apreciated.
Thanks and Bless ya,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 04:13 PM

10 posts, read 19,324 times
Default am I doing this right

need maine property to rent

Old 09-28-2010, 05:39 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by profetarmageddon View Post
Hello,I am now in the Chesapeake but, I lived in WV and my experience , you cant find cheep property by searching the internet,(not rentals anyway), You have to live in the area, then find stuff in local papers or by asking around. I want to be very isolated ,does anybody know if you buy property in a seasonal area - do you have to leave by law?-

I would be glad to rent an old hunters cabin that isnt used anymore, and if possible buy it in payments.
Thanks and Bless ya,
You should probably rent somewhere here first, and then try to buy. It doesn't sound like you know anything about Maine.

Old 09-28-2010, 06:05 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by profetarmageddon View Post
Hello,I am now in the Chesapeake but, I lived in WV and my experience , you cant find cheep property by searching the internet,(not rentals anyway),..
Generally if it is online, it is being handled by a realtor so it's price may be higher.

Quote:
... You have to live in the area, then find stuff in local papers or by asking around. I want to be very isolated, does anybody know if you buy property in a seasonal area - do you have to leave by law?-
We have areas where tourists throng in the summer, but tourists do not want to be primitive. They often want McMansions, 5-star restaurants, museums and theaters, so to be a tourist area it requires a lot of fulltime residents.

I do not know what other kind of 'seasonal area' you mean.

We have areas where the easiest access is in the winter. Travel by sled is faster as there is a lack of paved roads to use in the summer.

Quote:
... I would be glad to rent an old hunters cabin that isnt used anymore, and if possible buy it in payments.
Thanks and Bless ya,
There are lots and lots of camps and cabins in most of Maine. They are not usually listed anywhere.

You need to come up and snoop around.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:08 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
It's a new law just passed today.
You now need a job and a sponsor to move into Maine.
You must prove you have a full time job and someone must vouch for your intentions.
You must be willing to assimilate into Maine culture and keep it as your primary way of life.
You will go through a three year probationary period where you must show you are willing to work as hard as Mainers, not take ANY welfare, adopt English as a primary language, and commit no crimes.
Then and only then will you join the long list of people yearning to be approved as new Mainers.
Good luck!

Old 09-28-2010, 10:14 PM

617 posts, read 1,202,727 times
Pitch a tent.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:43 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
Check the real estate listings in Uncle Henry's. He might have something up your alley. I've seen about everything else in there.

Uncle Henry's

LOL Arushan!!!

Old 09-29-2010, 03:15 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,465,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
You must prove you have a full time job and someone must vouch for your intentions.
You must be willing to assimilate into Maine culture and keep it as your primary way of life.
You will go through a three year probationary period where you must show you are willing to work as hard as Mainers, not take ANY welfare, adopt English as a primary language, and commit no crimes.
Then and only then will you join the long list of people yearning to be approved as new Mainers.
Good luck!
I thought we had a waiting list, someone has to die first before anyone else is admitted to the state. I've heard the list is very long.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:56 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by island mermaid View Post
I thought we had a waiting list, someone has to die first before anyone else is admitted to the state. I've heard the list is very long.
Is that a list of 'long livers', thanks to Allens Coffee Brandy?

Old 09-29-2010, 04:12 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,888,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Good luck!
Now, there is no way OUR legislature would pass a good law like that. No. Not gonna happen. They aren't that swift. At least make it believable and don't call it a law. Now, referendum on the ballot in Nov., yeah I could swallow that one. I like it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: