Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2007, 03:04 PM

323 posts, read 993,483 times

Advertisements

We had a showing today to! The only crazy thing was we haven't had one in 2 or 3 weeks and I was sick in bed, house a wreck because God forbid I don't pick up one day, dog puked on carpet and they were coming over right away. I asked for some time and drank my Nyquill, pitched tissues, threw robe in closet, shoved papers in drawers, scrubbed and gave dog a dirty look, lit a candle but quickly blew out candle because I was afraid house would burn down, ran out door said a little prayer and couldn't believe what I can achieve when put under pressure!
Well now I am getting back in robe, back in bed and rest for 15 minutes until the kids come home

Old 12-14-2007, 03:10 PM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkaye View Post
We had a showing today to! The only crazy thing was we haven't had one in 2 or 3 weeks and I was sick in bed, house a wreck because God forbid I don't pick up one day, dog puked on carpet and they were coming over right away. I asked for some time and drank my Nyquill, pitched tissues, threw robe in closet, shoved papers in drawers, scrubbed and gave dog a dirty look, lit a candle but quickly blew out candle because I was afraid house would burn down, ran out door said a little prayer and couldn't believe what I can achieve when put under pressure!
Well now I am getting back in robe, back in bed and rest for 15 minutes until the kids come home
Oh my you poor thing!!!!

I think the dogs know that something is up; mine threw up on a white rug in the study yesterday and for the past month she has been going potty on the cement walk in the entry way just inside the gate.....I think she is marking her territory! I have to be sure to pick up any offerings and to throw a bucket of sudsy water to wash away her pee.

My DP is over at the tennis club convienently missing all the pre-showing maddness. Thats ok, he really doesn't know the routine.

Old 12-14-2007, 03:54 PM

378 posts, read 1,031,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Oh my you poor thing!!!!

I think the dogs know that something is up; mine threw up on a white rug in the study yesterday and for the past month she has been going potty on the cement walk in the entry way just inside the gate.....I think she is marking her territory! I have to be sure to pick up any offerings and to throw a bucket of sudsy water to wash away her pee.

My DP is over at the tennis club convienently missing all the pre-showing maddness. Thats ok, he really doesn't know the routine.

LOL !! did you kidnap my dogs and have them do all the same things at YOUR house >>>>>??

offerings ... LOL

Old 12-14-2007, 05:32 PM

2,133 posts, read 5,879,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Oh my you poor thing!!!!

Dogs are very intuitive and I'm sure they are sensing something in the air. Hopefully you find a buyer soon so that everyone can settle down and feel comfortable again.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:40 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,427,137 times
Did I miss it? Did the prospects come to see the house today? Fill me in someone!

Old 12-14-2007, 05:47 PM

They just left! The realtor had told us they would be here between 3 to 4, they came after 4 and I was on tenderhooks! Nice couple and very professional realtor. I had baked cookies and lit candles and everything looked beautiful! We just did a significant reduction--so who knows.

Good vibs, I had a call from my DIL in Maine and she and my son passed papers and got the keys for their first hometoday; it is in Saco. I am so very happy for them! They will be moving in before Christmas. My grand daughter is a bit concerned that Santa may not find them because they aren't putting up a tree. She thought that perhaps she could make a pillow fort and leave some signs that she lives here. God Bless her!

Old 12-14-2007, 05:51 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,388,314 times
Congratulations to the kids on their new home!! I hope the showing turns into something good for you.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:03 PM

It is so special for them to have a home. They have rented 4 different apt and houses over the past 8 or 9 years and always had to move because the house got sold or the apt wasnt suitable when they had a child etc. The last place was tiny but also had real landlord problems which made them determined to move. It was tough finding a place but they did make an offer and after a series of set backs everything was finally set--they now have the keys and all the help they need lined up to paint and spruce up and move. They are situated on a conservation area that stretches between Saco and Scarborough; wildlife and a yard and a safe street for my grand to bicycle--(xmas present if Santa can find the house). It is within walking distance of my youngest son and minutes from the other grandparents--I could not be a happier man tonight! : )

Old 12-14-2007, 06:23 PM

323 posts, read 993,483 times
Congradulations to them! It feels so good to own your first home. Maybe this is your lucky night elston!! Fingers crossed...

Old 12-14-2007, 06:54 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,427,137 times
That's such wonderful news, Elston! It is the season for new beginnings and rebirths. It's such a magical time of year - anything can happen!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine