Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 07:49 AM

1,884 posts, read 2,895,216 times

Advertisements

What do you think would have been said if all these people involved were engaging in sex at no charge? Unless it involves a politician who is cheating (for free or for payment), when a non-political person decides to make it a business, it makes national news. Here's a couple of books for the wives Men Who Can't Be Faithful: How to Pick Up the Pieces When He's Breaking Your Heart: Carol Botwin: 9780446513838: Amazon.com: Books

Love Must Be Tough: New Hope for Marriages in Crisis: James C. Dobson: 9781414317458: Amazon.com: Books

Everyone has a right to voice his/her opinion. JC3 is pointing out that there are things going on in the country and the world that should be of more concern to everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 02:27 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,169,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegrl2011 View Post

Everyone has a right to voice his/her opinion. JC3 is pointing out that there are things going on in the country and the world that should be of more concern to everyone.

I agree with this on one hand (it being a private family matter) but on the other, I can still hear my mother saying to me back in the day:

"If someone cheats on their spouse, they've already proven that they'll screw someone over for their own benefit with apparently little regard for the other person's well-being."

I know everyone makes mistakes, but I guess this would go toward wondering what other "speeding tickets" the former mayor of S. Portland (for one example) may have partaken in.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:22 PM
JC3

296 posts, read 824,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDactyls View Post
The bolding is my doing. But my question is: then why are you taking your valuable time to send a lengthy response about something that is beneath you?
Since you asked, I will tell you. My "lengthy response" was AN OPINION. As for thinking an issue such as this is not worthy of all the press it has gotten has no bearing on "my valuable time". And since you asked, for a person to comment on an issue, doesn't mean it is "beneath" someone. If you didn't like what or how I worded MY OPINION....well, let's just say...TOO BAD. And the caps are my doing.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:26 PM

346 posts, read 786,440 times
Not going thru every post here, or following the story since it broke, .. what was the estimated cash intake of this alleged operation?

In Jersey this type of operation is estimated (lone worker) at about $1000 a day (cash).

Old 10-20-2012, 09:35 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownShoes View Post
Not going thru every post here, or following the story since it broke, .. what was the estimated cash intake of this alleged operation?

In Jersey this type of operation is estimated (lone worker) at about $1000 a day (cash).
In NJ how many of these are happening everyday? [no insult to the Garden State]

Here we see this once every few years? For the entire state.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:44 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet View Post
Maine town on edge after Zumba instructor accused of prostitution - CNN.com

Also, just another reason to legalize prostitution. Seriously. So much drama could have been avoided.
Maybe the fact that this happened in Maine is surprising. However, this is really nothing new. Some businesses are often used as fronts for prostitution. One example includes massage places.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
I agree with this on one hand (it being a private family matter) but on the other, I can still hear my mother saying to me back in the day:

"If someone cheats on their spouse, they've already proven that they'll screw someone over for their own benefit with apparently little regard for the other person's well-being."

I know everyone makes mistakes, but I guess this would go toward wondering what other "speeding tickets" the former mayor of S. Portland (for one example) may have partaken in.
Hi reloop My post wasn't meant to condone cheating or the cheater. I think each CD poster has a right to voice his/her opinion. I think what you say can certainly be the case maybe even more often than not. I have seen the break up of families where there was cheating involved. When I saw the movie Schindler's List (1993) and how Oskar Schindler bought the freedom for more than 1,000 Jews during WWII, I realized that even a womanizer could have a heart and care about others even though he apparently didn't have much if any respect for the women in his life.

Local government officials? Look at those at the state and national levels. Maybe there are some that you speak about. Your words..."they'll screw someone over for their own benefit ..." My mother always said, "Actions speak louder than words." My mom also thought John F. Kennedy was a great president. It saddened me to hear about his womanizing. Would I want to be in a relationship with a cheater? No. Is a person who cheats always "all bad"? Each person must decide for himself/herself.

You might like to read the book I mentioned in an earlier post. I found it sadly shocking but not surprising. Men Who Can't Be Faithful: How to Pick Up the Pieces When He's Breaking Your Heart: Carol Botwin: 9780446513838: Amazon.com: Books

Old 10-21-2012, 09:10 AM

346 posts, read 786,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
In NJ how many of these are happening everyday? [no insult to the Garden State]

Here we see this once every few years? For the entire state.

Happening, as in arrest and news coverage?
Jeez, I'll bet it's at least 4 or 5 years since I've seen any news coverage.

This type of operation is well known and there are at least a dozen places within 15 minutes of my home here, they even had ads in the local paper for the longest time.

I guess City folks would rather have this going on behind closed doors than having the girls standing on the corner. There use to be girls (Tranny's) on the corner near my house for years until the local cops finally cracked down.

Now everything is advertised on the web; Craigslist, Backpage, SpaHunters, MassagePlaces just to name a few. They're all organized and are run by the Asian or Russian mob.

About 10 years ago there was an operation run out of Union County, and that was run by the local cops.

Jersey is and will always be about making money, and who gets their share for looking the other way.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:18 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,169,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegrl2011 View Post
Hi reloop My post wasn't meant to condone cheating or the cheater. I think each CD poster has a right to voice his/her opinion. I think what you say can certainly be the case maybe even more often than not. I have seen the break up of families where there was cheating involved. When I saw the movie Schindler's List (1993) and how Oskar Schindler bought the freedom for more than 1,000 Jews during WWII, I realized that even a womanizer could have a heart and care about others even though he apparently didn't have much if any respect for the women in his life.

Local government officials? Look at those at the state and national levels. Maybe there are some that you speak about. Your words..."they'll screw someone over for their own benefit ..." My mother always said, "Actions speak louder than words." My mom also thought John F. Kennedy was a great president. It saddened me to hear about his womanizing. Would I want to be in a relationship with a cheater? No. Is a person who cheats always "all bad"? Each person must decide for himself/herself.

You might like to read the book I mentioned in an earlier post. I found it sadly shocking but not surprising. Men Who Can't Be Faithful: How to Pick Up the Pieces When He's Breaking Your Heart: Carol Botwin: 9780446513838: Amazon.com: Books

I agree. Thanks for the book link, but many moons ago, I went through the cheating scenario and have gleefully placed it in the box of "Done and Over With."

Happily, I can say I finally found a man whom I trust implicitly, but I'm solid in the conviction that if his name was on the list, suffice to say that not only would his entire belongings be strewn on the front lawn, the door locks would be changed before daybreak.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
I agree. Thanks for the book link, but many moons ago, I went through the cheating scenario and have gleefully placed it in the box of "Done and Over With."

Happily, I can say I finally found a man whom I trust implicitly, but I'm solid in the conviction that if his name was on the list, suffice to say that not only would his entire belongings be strewn on the front lawn, the door locks would be changed before daybreak.
I agree with you completely. I definitely would not want to be married to or stay married to someone on the list. Your post reminds me of another movie, but I can't remember the name of it. I think one of the women set her husband's stuff and/or car on fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine