Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 03:02 PM

1,884 posts, read 2,895,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
I agree - there are probably more women. If the names weren't published, would the wives find out?

If not, then they would not be afforded the option to have an HIV test or other tests to determine if their cheating husbands brought them a death sentence or some other antibiotic-worthy "gift." They would just go about their day thinking that their husbands would never do something like that.

The Puritans of 1631 didn't have to worry about HIV. Granted, their lifespan was about all of 40 years (give or take) but the point to be made is that the wives should have the option to check their health.
You're right; the wives should check their health--even if their husbands aren't on that list. I didn't count the exact number, but I was surprised by the number of my ancestors that lived into their 70's and 80's (I kept thinking...I didn't think people lived that long back then.) and all this without vaccinations and health insurance--how did they do it. (Could it be because they grew their own food and didn't use spray deodorant?)

Last edited by mainegrl2011; 10-24-2012 at 03:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2012, 07:42 AM

Just heard on CBS This Morning show (the New Face of Cheating) that 23% of married men admit to cheating and 19% of married women admit to cheating. Here's a link to what looks like the same story but from the WSJ "The New Face of Infidelity." Are Women Growing More Unfaithful in Marriage? - WSJ.com

Old 10-27-2012, 03:54 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,168,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegrl2011 View Post
You're right; the wives should check their health--even if their husbands aren't on that list. I didn't count the exact number, but I was surprised by the number of my ancestors that lived into their 70's and 80's (I kept thinking...I didn't think people lived that long back then.) and all this without vaccinations and health insurance--how did they do it. (Could it be because they grew their own food and didn't use spray deodorant?)
Nah. It's probably because they lacked the instant media which typically "outs" cheaters, and therefore, the wives weren't compelled to whomp the men over the head with a cast iron frying pan.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reloop View Post
nah. It's probably because they lacked the instant media which typically "outs" cheaters, and therefore, the wives weren't compelled to whomp the men over the head with a cast iron frying pan.

Old 10-27-2012, 06:28 PM

48,133 posts, read 22,004,457 times
Default Only the Strong Survive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegrl2011 View Post
actually the answer is more obvious....if you visit a colonial grave yard you will see a couple with many many grave stones for babies.....and young children....the mortality rate was VERY high....infections, flu, fevers, measles, whooping cough....etc.....culled the ranks without mercy. If someone survived into adulthood .... they had been exposed to many fatal illnesses....and survived. So they lived to a ripe old age.....nothing to do with organic food or deodorant. Survival of the fittest

Old 10-28-2012, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
actually the answer is more obvious....if you visit a colonial grave yard you will see a couple with many many grave stones for babies.....and young children....the mortality rate was VERY high....infections, flu, fevers, measles, whooping cough....etc.....culled the ranks without mercy. If someone survived into adulthood .... they had been exposed to many fatal illnesses....and survived. So they lived to a ripe old age.....nothing to do with organic food or deodorant. Survival of the fittest
laugh or at least smile, elston--you're too serious... So you're saying it doesn't matter what we eat. Then I guess the gov'ment can stop their campaign to tell people what to eat and how many ounces of coke, etc. to drink. Granted...there were some who died young, but my point was there were a considerable number who lived long lives....hardy Maine stock ...I have visited old graveyards; I was speaking of my family members...documentation in hand...unless you have researched my family, please hush.

Last edited by mainegrl2011; 10-28-2012 at 10:22 AM..

Old 10-31-2012, 02:07 PM

625 posts, read 792,187 times
Ahh Maine where one can go to town and pass by the pot store but paying for sex is bad?

Old 10-31-2012, 02:31 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguy04654 View Post
Ahh Maine where one can go to town and pass by the pot store but paying for sex is bad?
You would think they (we?) would learn. 'Prohibition' was a massive failure. The 'War on Drugs' has been a massive failure. Prohibiting pay for play sex? What makes anyone think that could be any more successful?

It is said that prostitution is one of the oldest professions, it's been going on for thousands of years. The practice of making and consuming alcohol has been going on about as long, and so has the practice of people smoking/chewing/eating funny little weeds, leaves, nuts, mushrooms, cactus buttons and other assorted plants. People want stimulation of all sorts and making stupid laws against one kind or another doesn't stop them from seeking it out. Fighting these unwinnable wars is a massive waste of taxpayer dollars that could be put to better use elsewhere (like staying in my pocket).

Old 10-31-2012, 03:29 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineguy04654 View Post
and I thought the whole cornerstone of Roe vs Wade was woman could make their own decisions over their own bodies- it wasnt governments place to tell a woman what they can and cannot do.
so, its ok (legal ) to have an abortion,,,,,,,but not ok if they want to charge for sex?? with there own bodies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine