Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2008, 09:49 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,753,941 times

Advertisements

Rpbin, how about a week vacation in sunny AZ? Just send me a dm and you can hang at my house The sunlight will cure whatever troubles you have...

Old 04-01-2008, 05:58 AM

455 posts, read 1,228,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
Abby!!!! I'm so excited for you both, he hasn't called me yet to tell me. I'm thrilled and happy to have helped. Family is a wonderful thing~
He said he would call this morning and tell Bert when to come to start bending the channel letters. Bert was ready to take the other job this next week just for work....but to beable to make signs is just so wonderful. When he is doing that kind of work he never has a single day that he gets the feeling " I don't want to work today". He really does love it and is so excited. Thank you again for your help,Rhonda. Family IS a wonderful thing.

Old 04-01-2008, 06:02 AM

455 posts, read 1,228,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Fair warning: I'm going to whine. You might want to cover your eyes as you scroll by.

It's snowing. The roads are terrible. A normally 35 minute drive took me an hour. The DOT truck barely had the blade down and wasn't dropping sand. When I left for volleyball at 6:30 pm we had a half inch of new snow. At 10 pm we have 3 1/2" and it's not slowing. I saw something so sad this morning that it's still bothering. Three deer were hit apparently all at once. They'd been moved to the side of the road. A fourth deer was standing on a snow bank looking at them. I love snow normally but this sincerely sucks. That deer was bone thin. It probably would have been better off if it had been hit too rather than continue starving to death. Enough already. Tomorrow is April 1. Can't someone make this stop? Please

End of whine. You may open your eyes now.

Wow, Robin, you have every right to whine after that. That is a sight I wish no one ever had to see. This has been a terrible winter for the deer.
I hope you are doing better by now and my thoughts are with you.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:13 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Fair warning: I'm going to whine. You might want to cover your eyes as you scroll by.

It's snowing. The roads are terrible. A normally 35 minute drive took me an hour. The DOT truck barely had the blade down and wasn't dropping sand. When I left for volleyball at 6:30 pm we had a half inch of new snow. At 10 pm we have 3 1/2" and it's not slowing. I saw something so sad this morning that it's still bothering. Three deer were hit apparently all at once. They'd been moved to the side of the road. A fourth deer was standing on a snow bank looking at them. I love snow normally but this sincerely sucks. That deer was bone thin. It probably would have been better off if it had been hit too rather than continue starving to death. Enough already. Tomorrow is April 1. Can't someone make this stop? Please?

End of whine. You may open your eyes now.
I'm so sorry that you saw it and that it happened..I'm sending warm spring thoughts your way.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:42 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,973,219 times
It feels soooooo good to be able to say that I'll be back in Eastport next month rather than 52 days.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:30 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,199,237 times
Talking Hello Corgis!

GREAT NEWS!!! WOOHOO!!!

That sounds great!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!

Have a great day everyone!!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
It feels soooooo good to be able to say that I'll be back in Eastport next month rather than 52 days.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:39 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,424,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
I can see you now, sitting in the sunny little room, white sheer curtains blowing in the breeze and sipping coffee! Hope to "drop in" on you soon!!

Old 04-01-2008, 09:43 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times
IDIOT SIGHTING:
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: "Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore."

someone sent this to me

Old 04-01-2008, 10:30 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,749,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
IDIOT SIGHTING:
I live in a semi rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the DEER CROSSING sign on our road. The reason: "Too many deer are being hit by cars out here! I don't think this is a good place for them to be crossing anymore."

someone sent this to me

ROFLMAO

You must spread more........blah blah

Old 04-01-2008, 10:33 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
IDIOT SIGHTING:

someone sent this to me
I love that one! It will soon be spread throughout the Maine school system!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine