Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 01:54 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,384,753 times

Advertisements

I'm very happy that things are working out for you. At the same time I'm sorry Maine is losing such a nice family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 03:46 PM

653 posts, read 1,919,090 times
msina, thanks for saying that, i just could not come up with the right words. i always enjoy reading posts by bydand.
boon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
I'm very happy that things are working out for you. At the same time I'm sorry Maine is losing such a nice family.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:11 PM

566 posts, read 1,417,942 times
When will you make the move? Do you have to sell a home first? I hope you continue posting here as you have interesting, thoughtful and sometimes funny posts. You really are a great addition to this forum family.

Old 04-26-2008, 04:59 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
Thanks for the kind words everyone. We actually leave on June 22nd and should arrive the evening of the 23rd. No house to sell here (took care of that a while ago). No question about sticking around the forum area, y'all have become like a much needed part of my days. I about went into withdrawals this past week. Come to find out, the town we were looking around, and finally bought in, put in free web service over the downtown area. Didn't realize that tidbit until the last afternoon in town . Nice touch for people in town to be able to do business anyplace they might happen to be. Seen a guy working on his laptop outside of his office enjoying the sunshine (that is how I found out they offer open internet service).

Old 04-26-2008, 05:34 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
From Sunday afternoon until yesterday at 1 PM we have put just under 5000 miles on the Suburban, .
How much did that 5000 miles cost you??

Old 04-26-2008, 05:36 PM

2,724 posts, read 6,426,329 times
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words everyone. We actually leave on June 22nd and should arrive the evening of the 23rd. No house to sell here (took care of that a while ago). No question about sticking around the forum area, y'all have become like a much needed part of my days. I about went into withdrawals this past week. Come to find out, the town we were looking around, and finally bought in, put in free web service over the downtown area. Didn't realize that tidbit until the last afternoon in town . Nice touch for people in town to be able to do business anyplace they might happen to be. Seen a guy working on his laptop outside of his office enjoying the sunshine (that is how I found out they offer open internet service).
Glad to see everything fell into place for you guys. Congratulations.
Now if we could talk the powers to be to set up free wi-fi.....oh yea, the state is broke!

Old 04-26-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
Glad to see everything fell into place for you guys. Congratulations.
Now if we could talk the powers to be to set up free wi-fi.....oh yea, the state is broke!

So is every other state. This is provided by a TINY local internet provider that thought it might help local business and set it up on their own dime for the town. It just covers the downtown area right now (3 blocks), but they said they will provide wireless access to any local business that wants them to do so. I thought that was very generous of them, considering the town is just 1200 people and they are trying to do their part in attracting new business' to town and trying to help the ones that are there already, stay there.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
How much did that 5000 miles cost you??
We won't get into that . Actually not as much as I thought it would. On the way out I was pulling a HEAVY trailer and the ol' mileage dropped to about 15 MPG. When we were there and on the way back I was getting around 22 MPG, so overall not too bad for how large of vehicle it is. Plus gas was cheaper once we got out of the Northeast corridor.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:28 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
We won't get into that . Actually not as much as I thought it would. On the way out I was pulling a HEAVY trailer and the ol' mileage dropped to about 15 MPG. When we were there and on the way back I was getting around 22 MPG, so overall not too bad for how large of vehicle it is. Plus gas was cheaper once we got out of the Northeast corridor.
My guess is around $800.00

Old 04-26-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
My guess is around $800.00
Almost exactly right. Haven't added everything up yet to be 100% accurate (always keep the gas slips.) But off the top of my head I figure about $825 thinking back on the number of fills and locations.

Was surprised when I filled up in the middle of PA and didn't need to get gas again until Freeport area. I do know that I cannot drive until I need gas and then stretch like I normally do. That bugger goes 11 or 12 hours between fill ups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine