Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 06:45 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
We went by Haynesville today on the way to Bancroft. There's a story of a young girl hit by an 18 wheeler in the Haynesville woods. She walks the road looking for a ride home. There are people who picked up a young woman who then disappeared while they were driving. NMLM, do you know her name?

There are ghosts of two boys and a man in a house in Princeton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFury59 View Post
I used to drive up to Lubec from Rockland to visit friends on the weekends and on the way back to Rockland usually at 2 - 3 in the morning I would get off Rt 1 at Cherryfield and take Hwy 182 as a shortcut. That stretch of road from Cherryfield back to Rt 1 was one scary trek especially at that time of night. Never did see anything weird or strange but always expected to. That road kinda reminds me of the "Tombstone Every Mile" song.

Keeps you awake though, wonderin what your tired brain might see. Throw in some sea smoke and some coast to coast am with Art Bell and you might be lucky to maker it home Alive lol (twilight zone music in the background.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 07:24 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,684,164 times
I don't know the name of the hitch hiker in the Haynesville woods, but in Springfield there is an officially named "Ghost Road". On damp mornings there is a young blonde lady in a long white dress who walks down the road and into the woods if anybody comes along. Was she a bride? Was she somebody who lived there when that land was a a farm? There are stone walls in the woods so it was a farm once. There was a deer hunter who dozed off sitting on the wall one morning and when he woke up the lady in white was walking right by him. She doesn't leave tracks. He went back to town.

My ghost story from last year was published this spring in Down East Magazine.

//www.city-data.com/forum/maine...r-maine-2.html

Musings From Maine - Down East Magazine - Maine

Old 10-30-2008, 10:36 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,630 times
Holy Crap Northern Maine Land Man that is a excellent story that gave me some good goose bumps, and you are published. As for the UFO's over Maine good stuff too, but all I can picture is Stephen King tryin to get the meteor **** off him in the movie creepshow. I have too read more on the UFO therad too, you never know.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:48 PM

180 posts, read 555,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoundtofindME View Post
LOL Heck no they didn't buy the place! But actually it sold a couple months later. No idea who bought it though. We've actually come across a few houses ADVERTISED as being "haunted." I personally would probably try to talk someone out of doing that, but I understand there is a market "albeit a very small one" for houses with unexplained activity. I've also talked to other agents who have had their own unexplained experiences over the years. Very interesting topic though!
I recall hearing somewhere that if a person buys a 'haunted' house and they're not told in advance, that they can back out of the deal. Some kind of law about disclosure. I suppose the only way to prove it is that the Realtor knew in advance of the reputation of the house and did not disclose it. I also heard you have to disclose if someone was murdered in the house.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:19 PM

467 posts, read 1,125,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamorra2 View Post
I recall hearing somewhere that if a person buys a 'haunted' house and they're not told in advance, that they can back out of the deal. Some kind of law about disclosure. I suppose the only way to prove it is that the Realtor knew in advance of the reputation of the house and did not disclose it. I also heard you have to disclose if someone was murdered in the house.
Yes, this is an interesting topic. The term "stigmatized" property may be given if a property has been the scene of a violent act or is known to be "haunted." Some states do not require full disclosure of a stigmatized property. In Maine, what is required, is disclosure of material facts which may or may not affect the value of the property. If in doubt, I would disclosure!

Old 10-31-2008, 05:28 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
Does a natural death have to be disclosed?

Last edited by Maine Writer; 10-31-2008 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: adding natural

Old 10-31-2008, 08:51 PM

467 posts, read 1,125,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Does a natural death have to be disclosed?
Death due to a natural cause, accidental or suicidal would not fall under the stigmatized property label. Now if a buyer client specifically asked if any of these had occurred it would be proper to disclose if known.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:25 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,915,325 times
BoundtofindME;5929461But the really fun part of this experience was what the buyers did the next day. They left a old workboot at our door when we weren't there, and when we came back and found it, we immediately knew who had done it as we stood there unable to talk because we were both laughing so hard![/quote]

Pretty good joke they pulled there . . . if it was a joke. Are you sure it was the BUYERS who left that boot there?

Old 11-02-2008, 04:15 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankratt View Post
great link. Halloween has to be big in Maine Com'on the Godfather of Scare Mr King, I want to go trick or treat at his house.

I'm in... should we all dress as characters from his novels?

Old 11-02-2008, 04:31 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
I took Kristin to watch a little bit of Pet Cemetery being filmed during the day. She'd wanted to go at night but I wouldn't let her. You know, the whole nightmare thing, so I left her with my Dad. Turns out nothing creepy happened that night and it was boring. But what's happening when we get there at 5 pm in daylight? A makeup artist is making up the boy who's hit by a truck. We watched from start to finish so when she was done with him, it didn't seem gross. She was thrilled. Fred Gwynn (Herman Munster) gave her Oreos and a drink. That beat the heck out of seeing the mangled boy. I think seeing this has a lot to do with her love of Halloween all these years later. She was a sailor this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine