Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:36 PM

216 posts, read 645,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Wow, you dug up a thread that is just a few months shy of being dead for 3 years to post this as your first post? Somebody needs to get out more.
LOL When you Google a subject often the City-Data Forum comes up as a reference.

That's how I stumbled in here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 07:56 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
I think I did the same thing, my first post lol. Gotta check those dates!

It's been interesting to see the stuff people said about The County two or three years ago, though.
Wish I'd been on CD then, to correct some of the nonsense!
(I especially get a kick out of people who don't live here, or who may never even have visited, acting like County experts. Oh well!
Just saying.)

Old 02-04-2010, 08:29 PM

846 posts, read 1,020,312 times
I wonder if they ever took the plunge?

Old 02-05-2010, 08:10 AM

740 posts, read 1,882,291 times
Probably not, very little work around and a lot of people looking.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:45 AM

29 posts, read 71,958 times
There are a number of jobs in the county area available at this time. However, most of them are in experienced management, t he technical areas, or a bachelors degree/masters degree level behavioral health, or in medical areas(RN's, PT's, OT's, MD's etc). If you are looking for a factory level or construction job or in financial services, you probably won't find it. Go to www dot indeed dot com to look for them. there are other sources....

Old 02-05-2010, 12:18 PM

846 posts, read 1,020,312 times
I have graduate degrees, not looking for work though, maybe one day part time. It depends on how hard the hoops are to jump through for the license in Maine, and costs of practice insurance. Plus the nature of work, I do not do the Medicade/Medicare dance for payment either. I wouldn't mind teaching a class or two at the University if it came up, other than that- I'm resting!

Old 02-05-2010, 06:24 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,887,882 times
THe jobs that seem previlant are the nursing/medical jobs at nursing homes and the like. That seems to be the new job base; old age pensioners. We are an "old" state and getting older. And there is a TON of us. My opinion, just what I seem to notice.

Old 02-06-2010, 04:46 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Yes, there are a lot of health care jobs in the Loring/Caribou area. However, to supply just a bit more info:
There are approximately 1,000 factory/mill jobs within a half hours distance of Loring.
There are approximately 600 professional accounting-related jobs on Loring.
There are approximately 500 mechanical/construction jobs within a half hour.
There are approximately 500 professional, technical jobs within a half hour.
There are several hundred education-related (non public school) related jobs within a half hour,
and several hundred more a bit further than that. FYI: The Maine School of Science and Math is
one of the best schools in the nation, and is in Limestone. They look to hire the best teachers.
And of course, there are many hundreds of other "unskilled" jobs right around Loring, some with decent benefits.

Jobs are definitely prized here (like everywhere). But there is a lot more "going on" than some people realize.
My job is a professional one that pays just as much as I would get anywhere else in Maine. My living costs are significantly lower here. (We're hiring, if any one is looking for a job! lol)

Old 02-11-2010, 10:23 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,203,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Yes, there are a lot of health care jobs in the Loring/Caribou area. However, to supply just a bit more info:
There are approximately 1,000 factory/mill jobs within a half hours distance of Loring.
There are approximately 600 professional accounting-related jobs on Loring.
There are approximately 500 mechanical/construction jobs within a half hour.
There are approximately 500 professional, technical jobs within a half hour.
There are several hundred education-related (non public school) related jobs within a half hour,
and several hundred more a bit further than that. FYI: The Maine School of Science and Math is
one of the best schools in the nation, and is in Limestone. They look to hire the best teachers.
And of course, there are many hundreds of other "unskilled" jobs right around Loring, some with decent benefits.

Jobs are definitely prized here (like everywhere). But there is a lot more "going on" than some people realize.
My job is a professional one that pays just as much as I would get anywhere else in Maine. My living costs are significantly lower here. (We're hiring, if any one is looking for a job! lol)
where did you get your stats from?

Old 02-11-2010, 11:32 AM

139 posts, read 362,745 times
Hiring for what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine